UFN 139 Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez

I really don’t see how anyone could want to play zombie at - odds

He got his nickname in part because he takes massive amounts of damage on the feet.

He’s barely fought in the last 5yrs and didn’t look good in his return against Bermudez.

He’s lucky Bermudez doesn’t have a good chin

And he’s coming off major surgery

Yup that Surgery looked bad on KZ.

I prepared for the fight, I walk at 145 so 135 I can do, still a hard cut

Weight is good, almost on weight, feel perfect, I'm ready for whatever comes, I trained 3 weeks at Jackon's but got inured, there was alot of drama there, train at Kings MMA, and Eddie Bravo, I"m happy to fight him

Train hard, kick butt, he has reach, but that's it, close the distance and hit him hard, all I want to do is fight, every 3-4 months

MOved to AKA permentally, I have Khabib's main training partner, and his partners, he's well rounded, I'm dynamic, he hasn't had to deal with someone like me, I like him, but you have to fight your friends, I have 40 amateur fight

Work up at 178, should be no big deal, I'm going to get that KO win, he's going to try to take me down, no handshakes until Sun morning

No nerves, it's confidence, hometown fight, I want to fight Dern, that's a good fight for me, she ducked me in LFA, she's turned me down twice, she's not ready for me, it's a great matchup for me

I've been telling the UFC I want to go to 155 for the last 3 fights, f*ck you Winklejohn, I'm the oldest guy on the card, I can see the light at the end of the title, get a belt at 155, one last run, I'll keep taking fights until the UFC doesn't give them to me anymore, I'm getting old

What's up everyone. I haven't posted online re: MMA betting in a couple of years but I'm on a pretty sick run right now, and have been making solid reads so I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I think Yair Rodriguez packs way too much heat for a guy as hittable and rock-able as Korean Zombie and he won't be able to handle it. This is 2018. He's too hittable, looked pretty damn fragile in the Bermudez fight, too much of a layoff, bad injury, etc.. I was on KZ over Bermudez and figured that was a great matchup for him. Yair's flashy strikes are powerful and some of those are going to land on a guy like KZ. Honestly I think Yair knocks him out cold in the first 2 rounds. And as you guys talked about earlier, the comparison between George Roop's frame and headkick, and Yair's size and his kicks is worth a mention. Anyways I'm pretty confident, this is the most I've laid on an underdog ($3600 at the moment) since Joanna over Carla Esparza.

I also have Cerrone ML and Cerrone by sub. That'll probably be it for the card for me.

Last edited:
Korean Zombie now a bit nervous. The fact that he said he wants 'Korean Zombie' Wants Rebooking of Frankie Edgar Fight After Yair Rodriguez? seemed a bit strange in the interview.

What's up everyone. I haven't posted online re: MMA betting in a couple of years but I'm on a pretty sick run right now, and have been making solid reads so I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I think Yair Rodriguez packs way too much heat for a guy as hittable and rock-able as Korean Zombie and he won't be able to handle it. This is 2018. He's too hittable, looked pretty damn fragile in the Bermudez fight, too much of a layoff, bad injury, etc.. I was on KZ over Bermudez and figured that was a great matchup for him. Yair's flashy strikes are powerful and some of those are going to land on a guy like KZ. Honestly I think Yair knocks him out cold in the first 2 rounds. And as you guys talked about earlier, the comparison between George Roop's frame and headkick, and Yair's size and his kicks is worth a mention. Anyways I'm pretty confident, this is the most I've laid on an underdog ($3600 at the moment) since Joanna over Carla Esparza.

I also have Cerrone ML and Cerrone by sub. That'll probably be it for the card for me.
I like Yair here, but I'm surprised you think he's the best spot since JJ over Esparza. I think he's about a 60% winchance being priced at 45% when I got on. Not some hyperlock.

hes a hyperlock on my heart

im happy with 60% odds if it happens 80% of the time.

I like Yair here, but I'm surprised you think he's the best spot since JJ over Esparza. I think he's about a 60% winchance being priced at 45% when I got on. Not some hyperlock.

Fair enough and I don't consider Yair a lock. But I've been on a big run lately and have been making decent sized wagers (for me). This is the most confident I've been in a fight while on this run so I'm gonna push it here and go big, which makes this the largest underdog wager I've made since that fight. I won twice as much on Anthony Smith hitting that sub than I did on JJ back then, of course I didn't consider Smith a bigger lock than JJ. But still I do feel similar confidence with Yair as I did with JJ. Just feels to me like KZ is getting smoked.

agree with this, i'm also playing the numbers and feel fine with my action on yair at +120

No one has thoughts on Yoder-Cooper going the distance at -195?

Don't blame you. It's a miserable fight to research and think about.

Chick fight going the distance with a -1 next to it is probably profitable over a long time but i dont look into low level wmma. Is it really worth the boredom in doing so?

Chick fight going the distance with a -1 next to it is probably profitable over a long time but i dont look into low level wmma. Is it really worth the boredom in doing so?

I think so, because of how easy it is to analyze and how little unpredictability there is due to a lack of sudden, explosive knockouts.

Back