UFN 162 PBP/Discussion

since u hate ppl quoting themselves:
I can't fucking wait for Maia vs Askren, probably my most anticipated fight of the remaining year for some reason.
me, too, vvarhead. i pick maia by sub? what about you?
i am terrible bettor and i pick the wrong guy a lot. sometimes i pick the right side and i like to quote myself because for me is kinda big deal to guess the winner. specially if a lot of ppl were questioning my pick and it was the underdog on top of that.

Bro, you started your own thread to implore people to bet on Zarah dos Santos vs Megan Anderson and Rostem Akman vs Jake Matthews, both of which were basically setting money on fire.

Nobody cares that you correctly picked a tiny underdog with inaccurate logic. You are still a losing bettor with way too long posts that are generally wrong about everything.
bro, nobody cares.
edit: and u are conveniently leaving the detail that i wrote that they both are underdogs with real reasons and should lose. but the odds were fucking crazy. it was kinda long shot but it's mma freak things happens all the time and these aussies are not the most reliable fighters in the world. they could lose, it wasn't 100% clear that they going to win.

since u hate ppl quoting themselves:

i am terrible bettor and i pick the wrong guy a lot. sometimes i pick the right side and i like to quote myself because for me is kinda big deal to guess the winner. specially if a lot of ppl were questioning my pick and it was the underdog on top of that.

At least you can admit you suck at betting.

But there are only two people who can win every fight, it's not that big of a deal to pick an occasional winner. It's going to happen by accident plenty of times, so it's not going to go well when you quote yourself and expect any sort of praise for it.

Bro, you started your own thread to implore people to bet on Zarah dos Santos vs Megan Anderson and Rostem Akman vs Jake Matthews, both of which were basically setting money on fire.

Nobody cares that you correctly picked a tiny underdog with inaccurate logic. You are still a losing bettor with way too long posts that are generally wrong about everything.

this

At least you can admit you suck at betting.

But there are only two people who can win every fight, it's not that big of a deal to pick an occasional winner. It's going to happen by accident plenty of times, so it's not going to go well when you quote yourself and expect any sort of praise for it.
i don't give two shits for praise. you don't know why i write this thing, don't you. i had a brief argument with two guys in the betting thread for this event and i just wanted to return here when maia wins and say i picked maia because i really was sure he is going to win that's it. (if askren had won people would be all over me talking shit, so what's the big deal???) if it werent for brief back and forth i would not quote myself and wouldn't be here. i don't bet anymore and i write very rarely in the betting thread, i don't have reasons to stick around and to talk out my ass when i don't actually put money on the fights.

If I stayed asleep I would’ve ended up much better off today.

I don't think what I post influences much with anyone here, but if anyone does look for my insight I apologize. I never posted, but I'd have been advocating Maia ML and Maia by sub for the plain and simple reason that he was finally facing a guy who did NOT want to keep distance and strike. If someone is as willing as Ben to test Maia's grappling (esp early in a fight when he's not tired) there's always a solid chance he does what he did.

This is all after the fact I realIze, I should have posted last night but fell asleep.

Anyway I hope everyone did well.

I had a dream that I argued for Maia all week then switched sides and bet askren

Spooky.

I had a dream that I argued for Maia all week then switched sides and bet askren

Spooky.
Had a dream a I felt strongly about a read and then flip flopped last second to lose units (Hermanson v Cannoneir comes to mind)
Good to hear but how does this serve anyone? Who ya got for 244 Thompson, Chook, Daewodu, Lewis, and Till are just a few hot takes of mine. Appreciate the info on Lewis having back issues may just pass that one

Had a dream a I felt strongly about a read and then flip flopped last second to lose units (Hermanson v Cannoneir comes to mind)
Good to hear but how does this serve anyone? Who ya got for 244 Thompson, Chook, Daewodu, Lewis, and Till are just a few hot takes of mine. Appreciate the info on Lewis having back issues may just pass that one
Well regarding till, we’ve seen what happens when guys go up against top ten fighters.

I did bet Thompson. I bet Maia out of utter disdain for chook and her wars with air. Diaz. Anderson. Rozenstruik. Lee. Burgos. Edmen. Good.

*disclaimer
Most of these plays are from openers made with no taping and are subject to change

Last edited:
I don't think what I post influences much with anyone here, but if anyone does look for my insight I apologize. I never posted, but I'd have been advocating Maia ML and Maia by sub for the plain and simple reason that he was finally facing a guy who did NOT want to keep distance and strike. If someone is as willing as Ben to test Maia's grappling (esp early in a fight when he's not tired) there's always a solid chance he does what he did.

This is all after the fact I realIze, I should have posted last night but fell asleep.

Anyway I hope everyone did well.

Dude, stop it.

Anytime you post your analysis is always welcome here. You've written numerous excellent breakdowns and advocated some very juicy lines myself and others have profited from. This is on top of you being a long-time respected member of this subforum and all-around humble, intelligent guy.

I largely skim through other people's analysis, if I read them at all, but I make a notable exception for anything you write, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Kinda funny how many people run around this forum criticising others bets when they never even post their own

Dude, stop it.

Anytime you post your analysis is always welcome here. You've written numerous excellent breakdowns and advocated some very juicy lines myself and others have profited from. This is on top of you being a long-time respected member of this subforum and all-around humble, intelligent guy.

I largely skim through other people's analysis, if I read them at all, but I make a notable exception for anything you write, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad what I post here holds value for some of you guys.

I have my horrible calls like everyone else (ahem...like being pretty confident that Cub wouldn't be able to avoid grappling exchanges with Kron for too long and Kron would likely sub him--ouch) but for fights where I know the fighters well and can do even a little taping I think I still know my stuff as well as most even though I'm only making plays when I get to Vegas now.

At least I recommended one winner this weekend with Mir/Nelson GTD at decent + odds!

Back