Ugh

It is very easy in life to get stuck in a pattern. Your habits very easily become a part of your routine. So find productive habits, find things to do that will challenge you to grow as a person and just invest in yourself man.

The beauty of life though is that literally every day you wake up is a new opportunity for a fresh start and to grow as a person.

Leave the past behind and take hold of your life now and just work on bettering yourself.

You got this bruh.

So here I am at 2 am on a Thursday buying candy and soda from self checkout Walmart. Haven't showered in over a day, I'm wearing clothes I haven't washed in weeks, I'm visibly obese, unshaven, and I'm half asleep and I having nothing but contempt for myself and my behavior at this very moment. Out of embarrassment I choose the furthest register away from the girl watching the area, I didn't make eye contact, and I kept my back to her as much as humanly possible. I finish up as quickly as I can and as I'm walking away from her she says thank you and to have a good evening in a friendly and unsarcastic manor. I turn back to say thank you and all I see is a friendly face who genuinely wanted to talk to me and that's when it hit me: at my absolute worst the only person in the world who can't forgive me is me.

It's so easy to start over and make things right, how do we get stuck for years living lives that we hate ourselves for?

Whenever I feel down, I just use my @Medulla Omoplata account and act all retarded and shit.

If it’s easy to be better, then do it.

Instant gratification is awesome and addicting, and if it’s easily accessible with no immediate consequences, why stop?

Same goes for anything. Food, sex, alcohol/drugs, etc.

The yellow fever is real!

You love and crave the seclusion I guess? Find a reason to live and enjoy the world.

Sugar and caffeine are my vices at the moment too. I kicked alcohol out of my life but man ive really been putting sugar in its place and its a bitch. Plus this tucking heat is makes it unbearable to get out and enjoy a nice hike. Maybe I'm jist being a pussy

For a start, always wear fresh clothes.

Hit the gym, if not for your body then for your mind.

Most mental issues stem from deep-rooted past problems. Most issues also take the forms of vicious cycles.

Example: A person is socially awkward because they believe that they are awkward. This self-criticism increases their anxiety in public and makes their behaviour awkward...and so on...

People put too much pressure on themselves. Go to the gym because you like to do it, wear clean clothes and shower daily because it makes you feel good. Eat better because better food makes you feel better etc...

So here I am at 2 am on a Thursday buying candy and soda from self checkout Walmart. Haven't showered in over a day, I'm wearing clothes I haven't washed in weeks, I'm visibly obese, unshaven, and I'm half asleep and I having nothing but contempt for myself and my behavior at this very moment. Out of embarrassment I choose the furthest register away from the girl watching the area, I didn't make eye contact, and I kept my back to her as much as humanly possible. I finish up as quickly as I can and as I'm walking away from her she says thank you and to have a good evening in a friendly and unsarcastic manor. I turn back to say thank you and all I see is a friendly face who genuinely wanted to talk to me and that's when it hit me: at my absolute worst the only person in the world who can't forgive me is me.

It's so easy to start over and make things right, how do we get stuck for years living lives that we hate ourselves for?
I like you.

So here I am at 2 am on a Thursday buying candy and soda from self checkout Walmart. Haven't showered in over a day, I'm wearing clothes I haven't washed in weeks, I'm visibly obese, unshaven, and I'm half asleep and I having nothing but contempt for myself and my behavior at this very moment. Out of embarrassment I choose the furthest register away from the girl watching the area, I didn't make eye contact, and I kept my back to her as much as humanly possible. I finish up as quickly as I can and as I'm walking away from her she says thank you and to have a good evening in a friendly and unsarcastic manner. I turn back to say thank you and all I see is a friendly face who genuinely wanted to talk to me and that's when it hit me: at my absolute worst the only person in the world who can't forgive me is me.

I could have written that same thought nearly word for word. I have similar issues. Plus I'm unhappy at work, home isn't great right now and I'm struggling to dig out of this hole. Seems to be getting deeper every day. Won't/can't ask for help, things show no signs of getting better, and I'm concerned about where things could go. I absolutely have things in my life that make me happy, make life worth living. But sometimes, the shadows in life can dull even the most wonderful beacons of happiness. As someone mentioned earlier, it can be a tough loop to get out of. Sometimes I worry that I wont get out.

Get in the car and drive some where you've never been. That's what I do. Last weekend I went to this place called Cold Creek up in the mountains about an hour away. Did a hike and a whole family of wild horses including a young one we're there drinking from the creek. Then I drove further north by a military base where they were flying predator drones and f16s. I pulled over and watched them for about an hour. Random shit like that always makes me feel good.

Not my pictures but these are the places.
060626-F-9999K-003.JPG

11903946_10207596297531251_2452979799992803757_n.jpg

What do you mean?he is talki about making repeated unhealthy choices and regretting the consequences despite knowing better, and he is among why we do these things to ourselves when we know better.

It’s basically Buddhism 101 Q&A

I guess I couldn't understand the necessity of including the check out girl smiling at him and all that.

It's easy to get stuck in a lifestyle we don't change mostly because it's secure we know what's going to happen.

So here I am at 2 am on a Thursday buying candy and soda from self checkout Walmart. Haven't showered in over a day, I'm wearing clothes I haven't washed in weeks, I'm visibly obese, unshaven, and I'm half asleep and I having nothing but contempt for myself and my behavior at this very moment. Out of embarrassment I choose the furthest register away from the girl watching the area, I didn't make eye contact, and I kept my back to her as much as humanly possible. I finish up as quickly as I can and as I'm walking away from her she says thank you and to have a good evening in a friendly and unsarcastic manner. I turn back to say thank you and all I see is a friendly face who genuinely wanted to talk to me and that's when it hit me: at my absolute worst the only person in the world who can't forgive me is me.

Maybe she was friendly with everybody... EVERYBODY!

What did you do that you can’t forgive yourself for? .

Rooting for Conor against Nate, most probably.

Whenever I feel down, I just use my @Medulla Omoplata account and act all retarded and shit.

The yellow fever is real!

giphy.gif

I can't answer that question for everyone, but for me I'm an over-thinker.

I get too much in my own head and lose track of where I'm at / where I'm going.

Candy can be addictive. When I quit drinking I became able to eat like 3 candy bars in one sitting and think nothing of it.

I guess I couldn't understand the necessity of including the check out girl smiling at him and all that.
It’s a reflection of how he feels about himself mirrored in his interactions with somebody else he feels so bad he doesn’t want to mingle

Start with changes you can manage and go from there. Small steps. Over time, with effort to can become something you're proud of.
Conversely, sometimes you need to do something drastic and give yourself no choice but to change.

Burn your ships.

Back