Ugh

So here I am at 2 am on a Thursday buying candy and soda from self checkout Walmart. Haven't showered in over a day, I'm wearing clothes I haven't washed in weeks, I'm visibly obese, unshaven, and I'm half asleep and I having nothing but contempt for myself and my behavior at this very moment. Out of embarrassment I choose the furthest register away from the girl watching the area, I didn't make eye contact, and I kept my back to her as much as humanly possible. I finish up as quickly as I can and as I'm walking away from her she says thank you and to have a good evening in a friendly and unsarcastic manner. I turn back to say thank you and all I see is a friendly face who genuinely wanted to talk to me and that's when it hit me: at my absolute worst the only person in the world who can't forgive me is me.

It's so easy to start over and make things right, how do we get stuck for years living lives that we hate ourselves for?
I to had a low self esteem then I found out about micro penis syndrome and it changed they way I look at the world.

YOU just have to make it happen. Start every morning with a shower. Wash your clothes. Make a commitment to start by eating 1 very healthy meal per day and exercise. Exercise will make you feel great. There are not many things in this world that we can control but you have 100% control of what you put into your mouth/body. Take control. There are plenty of inspirational videos on YouTube. Watch them. One day at a time you can do this. I'm wishing the best for you bro.

Warning graphic images in this video.

if every instinct you've ever had and choice you have ever made has led you to this point

might be time to try the opposite

The good old days were filled with instant gratification. Those same experiences are still relatively easy to replicate but deep down you've learned the warm fuzzy feeling won't last. That might be why we don't repeat actions from our youth even when the opportunity presents itself. It's a problem of perception.

muhammad-ali-quote-views-world.jpg

The efforts to stay healthy and we kept are always worth it. There needs to be a commitment to something long term as well. More than just routine. Something you can enjoy, perfect, and share with others.

Conversely, sometimes you need to do something drastic and give yourself no choice but to change.

Burn your ships.

To an extent but I feel that approach has two downfalls:

1 people often relapse hard becasue the change they made is unsustainable

2 requiring to do that is a sign of being too good for change. People who think there's no point I'm making change unless it's a big change often don't do it because of the effort involved.

Small changes incrementally snowball and in a few years you can be in a very different place and less likely to back slide.

Horses for courses though! :)

Sure but it's candy and soda. This shit isn't that good and I'm embarrassed of myself and I hate what it's made of me.

I'm not freebasing cocaine or anything like that where being addicted would be understandable.

Sugar will kill you faster than cocaine.

Back