UMA facesaver review

As always, I enjoyed watching your video review.

UMA
20160602_212730_wm_zps3rrtnszz.jpg

love comparative reviews. It sure has me thinking about my own design. I got a prototype I'm testing that's 16oz I'm trying to get it down to 14oz. Hey just curious how big is the eye opening on the UMA vertical and across? Compared to the fg-5000

Last edited:
love comparative reviews. It sure has me thinking about my own design. I got a prototype I'm testing that's 16oz I'm trying to get it down to 14oz. Hey just curious how big is the eye opening on the UMA vertical and across? Compared to the fg-5000

The vision of the UMA is better than the Winning. But some other things they could improve on, not a hell of alot, but there are some.

I find the FG5000 to be less bulky than the UMA facesaver. I don't know if it's psychological—because the FG5000 at least looks and feels less bulky to me—but I feel as though I can see better with the FG5000 than I could with the UMA. I don't have the UMA facesaver to compare anymore so I can't say for sure. When I did use the UMA facesaver, I felt like my vision was significantly obstructed.

This might also be due to fit (it's probably this). I find that I could get the FG5000 to fit my head better than the UMA facesaver.

My two cents...

I find the FG5000 to be less bulky than the UMA facesaver. I don't know if it's psychological—because the FG5000 at least looks and feels less bulky to me—but I feel as though I can see better with the FG5000 than I could with the UMA. I don't have the UMA facesaver to compare anymore so I can't say for sure. When I did use the UMA facesaver, I felt like my vision was significantly obstructed.

This might also be due to fit (it's probably this). I find that I could get the FG5000 to fit my head better than the UMA facesaver.

My two cents...

completely agree about the Winning being less bulky, it is lighter, not significantly, but is. But UMA did have slightly better vision.

Yeah, I just couldn't get the UMA to fit in a way that wasn't awkward and distracting. I haven't had problems with the FG5000.

I still have the UMA R9 and have had no issues with it. It fits really well and protects well.

Last edited:
The headgear just looks so good, Particularly the rubber tag requested at the back ended up with brown letters at the back, attention to small details like this is just great. Thanks. <cheer>

Back