Uma ultra 16 oz video review

UMA ULTRA GLOVE
20160310_152150-1_wm_zpskuk6skbv.jpg

I only sped thru the video, but I didn't catch anything on the padding. Any details? Did you base this padding g on the original tokushu or something different? Did you customize the wrist support anymore? I'm thinking of getting this glove next.

I covered the padding it is a much improved version vs the tokushu.

Basically i found the tokushu to have good knuckle padding but the shock would goto my shoulders and elbows which i hated which caused me to shelf the gloves all together. Initially i liked them but i have much better gloves now.

The ultra have far superior changes. Better thumb, liner, padding, weight, and leather of course.

As far as the wrist its pretty much original i has no reason to want to improve it as i felt it was the best and still is the best wrist. Altering it may or may have not degraded the performance so that stayed the same

How does the size compare to the Tokushus? From my understanding the Tokushus are quite compact gloves, are the Ultras the same?

The ultras are more normal sized gloves and not compact. They arent arge though. Far more comfortable than the hayabusas tho

Nice review StRato and that's interesting how you discuss about the lace up. I always thought that lace up were superior for wrist protection but it's nice to see a glove with velcro straps that would offer maximum wrist protection.

Yeah but its a speciality kind of glove. Its main purpose is wrist support. Glad you liked it

The gold and black are awesome i need to start going back to it

Some of them are all leather, some with some breathing textile material, it seems. I ordered a stock pair of UMA ultra 16 oz, black and gold. Very curious about them. I don't have wrist problems, although they are not thick, but I like the the gloves form. It was a little bit of competition with Fairtex BGV9 16 oz, but for now, Uma ultra won :)

IMG_20160906_180754_HDR (2).jpg IMG 2.jpg IMG_20160906_180754_HDR (2).jpg IMG 2.jpg IMG_20160906_180754_HDR (2).jpg IMG 2.jpg I already had a pair of 16 oz UMA boxing gloves, a full winning style with winning style padding as well. Use them for bag work (99% of the time), my almost exclusive bag gloves for a year. Of course, they were my favorite.

So, I ordered another pair, this time a stock UMA ultra 16 oz gloves. The shipping from Pakistan to Romania took a week, delivered to my door.

First impressions:

The pair I’ve got looks good, black with gold, all leather. The leather seems a little better than my last pair, which was already a good leather. The stitching is good, but not perfect, and I got a little scratch on my left thumb, but I couldn't care less. Also the left gloves seems to be bulkier than my right, but on my scale (not very reliable) seems to be the same (I don’t know if all of these are visible in the pictures.)

After I put them on, the feeling is great, tight fit, and they force your hand to stay in the right position, with your fist bend a little to the interior. Of course, you can’t bend them backwards. The padding is firm, but not very hard; it will take a while to break it. On my last pair, between my thumb and the glove, there was area which was putting pressure on my hand, and it took a while to loose it up. On these pair it doesn’t seems the case.

Also, they seems less bulkier than my last UMA pair, and I like the thumb more, as it is almost straight.

Overall, I like them more then my last pair, which was already my favorite, but only the time and the bags will tell - I didn’t use them yet! These are only my first impressions. I will post more after a while.

I attached some pictures, comparing UMA Ultra with other gloves I have, a 16 oz UMA, 12 oz Fairtex BGV9 (not improved model), and 12 oz Topboxer glove.

Attachments

• POZA 4.jpg
    POZA 4.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 29
  • POZA3.jpg
    POZA3.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 29
Back