Uma ultra 16 oz video review

Just curious, how is it the courier's fault?

I am not 100% sure of course, but I assume something like this happen to 2 pair of gloves in a row should be the courier's fault? Since the gloves are packaged with a plastic bag only. Perhaps the courier squash the gloves during transfer somehow?

I am not 100% sure of course, but I assume something like this happen to 2 pair of gloves in a row should be the courier's fault? Since the gloves are packaged with a plastic bag only. Perhaps the courier squash the gloves during transfer somehow?
Yeah, it's hard to conceive of a situation in which the gloves would get that screwed up in transit. Unless maybe the courier is dunking packages in the ocean and then drying them by wringing them out before they deliver.

Was the packaging that they came in messed up as well?

WTF ???? Enough is enough. Have to agree with some above comments, can't for the life of me see how a courier could do such damage, TWICE !!! UMA have to step up and fix the problem, losing a lot of good will with each view.

Holly shit they look like they were made with old man's ball sack skin !!!! Love this quote.

Yeah, it's hard to conceive of a situation in which the gloves would get that screwed up in transit. Unless maybe the courier is dunking packages in the ocean and then drying them by wringing them out before they deliver.

Was the packaging that they came in messed up as well?

Here are the packaging.
8n0HjuL.jpg

2uG3PGV.jpg
I opened them ugly with bare hand, but pretty intact, no cut or particularly damaged, still there could be chance they were squashed though(i dont really know). The gloves came in exactly as the photos I showed before, I don't know anything more than you guys at this point, so your guess is as good as mine.

I also just only found out that there were a pair of hand wraps left in the package. I guess they are free gift?
GLUf1gG.jpg

Holly shit they look like they were made with old man's ball sack skin !!!!

LOL can't argue about that haha.

WTF ???? Enough is enough. Have to agree with some above comments, can't for the life of me see how a courier could do such damage, TWICE !!! UMA have to step up and fix the problem, losing a lot of good will with each view.

Holly shit they look like they were made with old man's ball sack skin !!!! Love this quote.

At this point I will give it a try to iron the leather or some shit later on. It'd be pretty silly to ask for anything else.

Oh, wow. Yeah, it really doesn't seem like the courier did anything. I would imagine the gloves were sent that way... Maybe UMA can reply directly?

Were they at least bubble wrapped in that bag?

Also, holy hell that bag says sky net the terminators are coming!

Oh, wow. Yeah, it really doesn't seem like the courier did anything. I would imagine the gloves were sent that way... Maybe UMA can reply directly?

Actually, when I look at them, the palms and wrists are pretty crease-y too, may be has to do with their white leather then?
UkWAdyH.jpg

If you look back at the palm of the right glove here, the kind of creases look similar. I kinda doubt the courier can make creases on the palm if you look at it this way.

Were they at least bubble wrapped in that bag?

No bubble wraps, just plastic bags.

Well some good news is the ironing works really well, taken away most of the small creases. But the large significant ones are still there and some of the uma logo printing faded as expected with the ironing heat. But look much better now.

Well some good news is the ironing works really well, taken away most of the small creases. But the large significant ones are still there and some of the uma logo printing faded as expected with the ironing heat. But look much better now.
Nice! I wonder if it affects the padding in any way...

And good idea ironing off logos! I should start doing that...

So in other words, if i want my ball sack to be smooth like in my younger days, I should iron the hell out of it ? . Lol. Sorry

You can give it a try too for sure. Lol

So hows the 3rd pair color stays or fading as fast as previous pairs?
Honestly the Real leather wrinkles, so I don't think it's a problem.
It probably got Pressured during shipment.

So hows the 3rd pair color stays or fading as fast as previous pairs?
Honestly the Real leather wrinkles, so I don't think it's a problem.
It probably got Pressured during shipment.

I don't understand why you keep saying the 3rd pair? It's the 2nd. And actually they've faded even faster than the last, I'm too tired to upload any photos now, but the way they've faded look like I have been using them for couple of months to a year when in fact only after one single session.

Well.. unavoidable for metallic colors, but yes they fade extremely fast on metallic blue(Don't know about other metallic color).

Last edited:
I don't understand why you keep saying the 3rd pair? It's the 2nd. And actually they've faded even faster than the last, I'm too tired to upload any photos now, but the way they've faded look like I have been using them for couple of months to a year when in fact only after one single session.

Well.. unavoidable for metallic colors, but yes they fade extremely fast on metallic blue(Don't know about other metallic color).
My bad, I dunno why I keep thinking it's 3rd pair lol
Please upload the photos, I really want to see those fading !

Damn. I like the look of these but I want to see how this situation is handled with the creased gloves

My bad, I dunno why I keep thinking it's 3rd pair lol
Please upload the photos, I really want to see those fading !

Nah, I'm done spreading any negativity, you knows how it goes. I have already shared my side of the story, no need to ask me to roll on that forever. Like 10 years later share a pic of them broken in ashes, that's not what I do.

Damn. I like the look of these but I want to see how this situation is handled with the creased gloves

I think the stock version is now off their website now? Idk since I haven't talked to uma since, but I don't see them on the site anymore. The whole story of how it is handled is already here. I ordered the stock version, first pair came in creased, loose thread all over, pretty disastrous in term of look, lack of rubber grip in term of functionality. So uma sent me a second pair for free, they came in even more creased, but everything else is tidied up, no loose thread, good printing, leather palm, with rubber grip tag. And after I did the ironing on the leather, majority of creases are gone on the second pair and they look fairly well and basically solved the problem. (I tried to iron the first pair too, but the creases were too deep on that pair to change anything.) So yeah this is how they go, I certainly haven't paid that much to ask for a third pair or anything more, I didn't even ask for a second pair, I was fine with a standard return+refund, sending me the second pair is already very generous.

What I would say though is, whether the stock version is still available or not, you might want to consider custom ultra, since that seems to be the way to get you a perfect gloves. If the custom isn't in your consideration, my recommendation is stay away from the metallic blue+white, then you might be just fine.

So uma sent me a second pair for free, they came in even more creased, but everything else is tidied up, no loose thread, good printing, leather palm, with rubber grip tag. .

Thanks for the info.
So basically it's courier's fault :O Gloves must be pressured during the shipment. Glad to hear you iron it and make it great again!

Thanks for the info.
So basically it's courier's fault :O Gloves must be pressured during the shipment. Glad to hear you iron it and make it great again!

No, actually I sorta doubt it, the palms and the lower back of the hands have the exactly same kind of creases and the way the gloves were packaged, didn't matter how the courier possibly pressured the gloves, it would be really hard or impossible for them to cause creases in those area. But I ain't CSI, it's just my guess, so I also can't 100% deny the possibility of courier's fault.

Last edited:
Back