Unbiased: Mcgregor vs Nurmagomedov

The Don

If there is no struggle, there is no progress
Platinum Member
Reaction score
As UFC 229 is getting closer and closer, countless threads have popped up about one of the most anticipated fights in MMA history. There are whole threads dedicated for both fighters and why they're going to win come fight night.

Some threads have some really good discussion among members but those back and forth discussions are usually buried by the nonsensical albeit, entertaining posts and memes. I just wanted to create a thread with the sole purpose of unbiased discussion among MMA fans.

Of course, if you can, please refrain from responding to troll posts or posts with no real substance behind them. "Khabib is getting knocked the fooked out" is a viable outcome but not really a good way to start a discussion.

So, if you enjoy having a no BS discussion about one the upcoming biggest fights in MMA history with your fellow MMA enthusiasts, please feel free to have one here.

As for my take, I truly believe that Khabib, despite having shown some really dominating performances in the past, is the easiest fight for Conor Mcgregor between Holloway and Ferguson.

Khabib has shown time and time again that he has some glaring holes in his standup that I would be surprised if Conor wouldn't be able to exploit them. Backing straight back up with your chin high is one of the cardinal sins in boxing that only a few got away with. (Muhammad Ali is the first person to come in mind)

Pulling straight back the way Khabib tends to do also leaves him very vulnerable to straight punches which just happens to be Conor's best strike. His straight left, although usually over-exaggerated by many of his fans, is genuinely his best strike and quite a potent one at that. I don't see Khabib being able to take continuous shots without being hurt, or even knocked out.

What are your thoughts and opinions about the fight?

This is the first fight I've been legitimately excited about in years.

This is an mma fight not a boxing match.

Khabib probably spent his entire camp game planning around not having to box.

Last edited:
My honest opinion is that the fight ends up somewhere between Conor-Aldo/Conor-Alvarez.
I give Khabib a modest chance at winning. Conor is just too good at what he does best and I dont think Khabib will be able to consistently get close.

I use to think the opposite, that Khabib would mop the floor with McGregor but I think that Ragin Al fight opened some eyes.

I also believe Conor is very smart and wouldn't take this fight unless he was confident he had a gameplan to stop Khabib.

Personally, I think I would prefer Khabib win just due to me thinking Conor wont defend the belt at all. I believe for us diehards (harcores, whatever term you want to use) it's better that Conor lose so we can get more matchups we want to see.
But mad respect to both guys. I like both and would love a good 5 round fight.

Agree...Khabib is getting knocked the fooked out!!

Conor is too fast and accurate, and will capitalise early once he finds his range.

I can see Conor winning this, but I give Khabib about an 85% chance of winning.

Conor has a chance at the start of every round to land something big, or to chip away with those front kicks to the abdomen, but I don't see him having a lot of luck in the first 2-3 rounds with that.

I think Conor's saving grace is that Khabib isn't much of a submission grappler and I go back to the Iaintaquitta fight. If Conor can stay in the fight until the championship rounds and can shrug off a few lazy TD attempts by Khabib I can definitely see Khabib getting slept.

42541804_2179127852303513_2256252831482773504_n.jpg
Guilty as charged.

Last edited:
khabib been taking lumps from cain n dc for years with that aka trane'in... meaning at any moment that chin is gonna spiderweb if conman happens to ding him. which is a possibility at every start/stand up... but the probability goes down dramatically with each round/take down...

whats most likely gonna happen is khabib gets the fight near the cage and gets a hold of him... then its gonna be me love you long time till conor wilts..

OP your take would make sense if Khabib was 3 inches shorter. Unfortunately, he's taller than Conor.

Conor has never been able to finish a UFC-caliber fighter taller than he is.

Joe Duffy
Max Holloway
Nate Diaz 1
Nate Diaz 2

Conor has never finished a taller fighter. Khabib is taller than Conor and has never been finished period. But you're predicting that Conor will finish Khabib?

Conor has nothing but a punchers chance. Once Conman realises that Khabibs "glass chin" is actually iron he'll shit his pants and give up his neck like he always does. Conor is a quitter and that'll be proved again.

This is a very interesting fight, both are very skilled at what they do. it just so happens that their strengths are each other's weakness.
This is a very up and up fight to me.
I feel if Khabib can keep calm and maintain his gameplan and impose his will he has this.
Mcgregor path to victory is to maintain that distance and get Khabib to bite.
I myself am rooting for Khabib but to underestimate Mcgregor is unwise.

As UFC 229 is getting closer and closer, countless threads have popped up about one of the most anticipated fights in MMA history. There are whole threads dedicated for both fighters and why they're going to win come fight night.

Some threads have some really good discussion among members but those back and forth discussions are usually buried by the nonsensical albeit, entertaining posts and memes. I just wanted to create a thread with the sole purpose of unbiased discussion among MMA fans.

Of course, if you can, please refrain from responding to troll posts or posts with no real substance behind them. "Khabib is getting knocked the fooked out" is a viable outcome but not really a good way to start a discussion.

So, if you enjoy having a no BS discussion about one the upcoming biggest fights in MMA history with your fellow MMA enthusiasts, please feel free to have one here.

As for my take, I truly believe that Khabib, despite having shown some really dominating performances in the past, is the easiest fight for Conor Mcgregor between Holloway and Ferguson.

Khabib has shown time and time again that he has some glaring holes in his standup that I would be surprised if Conor wouldn't be able to exploit them. Backing straight back up with your chin high is one of the cardinal sins in boxing that only a few got away with. (Muhammad Ali is the first person to come in mind)

Pulling straight back the way Khabib tends to do also leaves him very vulnerable to straight punches which just happens to be Conor's best strike. His straight left, although usually over-exaggerated by many of his fans, is genuinely his best strike and quite a potent one at that. I don't see Khabib being able to take continuous shots without being hurt, or even knocked out.

What are your thoughts and opinions about the fight?

Is this you?

mcfanboy.jpg

Nice try, by the way.

I believe that Conor's speed, movement and accuracy will make it very hard for Khabib to get a hold of him, and Khabib doesn't have much of a power double, he's more of a grinder. If he does get a hold of him though, McG is in a tough spot for sure, but the fight starts standing up. It's the proverbial striker vs grappler fight and it's very interesting to have one of the best strikers in the UFC versus one of the best grapplers.

I won't be betting on that one for sure, I am about 50/50. I have no clue who wins it but I don't think it will be a close fight no matter who wins. It's like fire and water, either water chokes out fire or it gets vaporized by it.

This is the first fight I've been legitimately excited about in years.

The last time I was this excited was when Conor vs Aldo was announced and made an "Unbiased" thread about it too, I was dead wrong thinking Aldo would win. Still stings.

This is an mma fight not a boxing match.

Khabib probably spent his entire camp game planning around having to box.

Of course. And Conor most likely spent his entire camp working on his grappling as well. It's an amazing match up for sure.

I can see Conor winning this, but I give Khabib about an 85% chance of winning.

Conor has a chance at the start of every round to land something big, or to chip away with those front kicks to the abdomen, but I don't see him having a lot of luck in the first 2-3 rounds with that.

I think Conor's saving grace is that Khabib isn't much of a submission grappler and I go back to the Iaintaquitta fight. If Conor can stay in the fight until the championship rounds and can shrug off a few lazy TD attempts by Khabib I can definitely see Khabib getting slept.

I have a very similar opinion as yours, but I'm more split at 60/40 in favor of Conor. I can't get passed the Khabib's tendency to pull straight back with his chin up in the air.

Yes we know, you are the Mysterio of Conor load guzzlers. Actually you’re much worse. At least his threads are his opinions. Your threads are just you copying someone else’s opinion.

Conor has nothing but a punchers chance. Once Conman realises that Khabibs "glass chin" is actually iron he'll shit his pants and give up his neck like he always does. Conor is a quitter and that'll be proved again.

McGregor can outclass him from start to finish if the fight doesn't go to the ground, much like he did with Alvarez, this puncher's chance thing is idiotic. You can say the same of Khabib that he only has a wrestling chance.

Last edited:
Back