Underappreciated Tag Teams

00aed2594457143a3adef13c03063d08.jpg

Over what?

Concussions, I believe.

There are 50+ wrestlers* involved. All seems quite spurious, especially looking at some of the names......I'm sure Sabu's issues are down to to his 5 minutes in WWE.

Am positive Demolition would be in the HoF, otherwise.

CnsFqJgUkAAA3K5.jpg

I really like the Masked Superstar and Super Destroyer. Two big dudes who could use power moves but also were great grapplers and who were really agile for their size. They would also tag in and out frequently to keep each other fresh. I wish it were possibly to find more of their matches on YouTube.

Anyway, as you likely know the Masked Superstar would later go on to WWF to become Ax of Demolition.

633d6ffa67f159bca989324d4e9e8859.jpg

Paul Roma was a flop as a Horseman but that superplex/splash combination these two did was a thing of beauty.
I thought Roma and Powers could have been pushed as the next cool babyface team, but it never happened.

I think the Fantastics were very underrated. Their wars with the Midnight Express were great, and the barbedwire cage match against the Sheepherders (another underrated team) was brutal.

DiBiase and Dr Death had an amazing team for a little while.

I thought Roma and Powers could have been pushed as the next cool babyface team, but it never happened.

I think the Fantastics were very underrated. Their wars with the Midnight Express were great, and the barbedwire cage match against the Sheepherders (another underrated team) was brutal.

DiBiase and Dr Death had an amazing team for a little while.

To hear Paul Roma tell it, the office wasn't keen on their T-shirt idea but let them make their own shirts. When the shirts did well, it wasn't appreciated and the plug was pulled on the shirts and the team.

To hear Paul Roma tell it, the office wasn't keen on their T-shirt idea but let them make their own shirts. When the shirts did well, it wasn't appreciated and the plug was pulled on the shirts and the team.
Sounds like a classic Vince move.

Power and Glory for sure. Their Summerslam match with the Rockers is awesome. Coulda been a great team.

I find the Nasty Boys are pretty underappreciated, and just viewed as Hogan's boys and dickheads. But they were entertaining as all hell.

The Heavenly Bodies too

I'm cheating a bit here, but I think The Varsity Club's tag matches were really cool and underappreciated.

Lots of fans shit on the Young Bucks for all the “ flippy shit” that goes on in their matches and spamming super kicks but their matches are almost always highly entertaining and they don’t seem to get any love when top tag teams of all time get mentioned

Lots of fans shit on the Young Bucks for all the “ flippy shit” that goes on in their matches and spamming super kicks but their matches are almost always highly entertaining and they don’t seem to get any love when top tag teams of all time get mentioned

Agreed. I always enjoy their matches and am highly entertained, isn't that the whole point?

The Bushwackers were quality entertainment as a child. Not sure if id be too thrilled about them coming anywhere near me tho

FIRE AND ICE were mainstays on WCW Saturday Night. Then they broke up the team and Scott Norton got a mini push as a B Team NWO guy

I thought they were decent, with a classic shitty ass WCW gimmick

Palumbo and O’Haire could’ve been contenders.

Bully Ray and our very own Scott Steiner were gold in TNA.

I'm gonna go pretty far off the radar here and say The Beverly Brothers.

Here's a match they have with the Nasties in WWE.

Couple of observations

- Its been quite a while since I've watched Saggs and Nobbs. Those guys moved around pretty damned well for two big fat boys.

- The Beverlys sell their asses off for the Nasties.

- The Beverlys look almost like a WWE version of the Midnight Express. Not saying they are on their level whatsoever, but they work similar, and have all the heelish shit down pat.

The Hollywood Blondes are an obvious choice here as well, but I thought I would dig deep into the bag

I want to say 93 Royal Rumble they had a good one with the Steiner. Good looking offense and sold like crazy made the Steiners look like gold

The Bushwackers were quality entertainment as a child. Not sure if id be too thrilled about them coming anywhere near me tho

I loved them as a kid and was always mad that they wouldn't let them wrestle LOD and the British Bulldogs, not realizing they were comedy release, but man did they entertain. But, they are in the hall of fame and the Steiner's aren't so........

Back