Underappreciated Tag Teams

FIRE AND ICE were mainstays on WCW Saturday Night. Then they broke up the team and Scott Norton got a mini push as a B Team NWO guy

I thought they were decent, with a classic shitty ass WCW gimmick

They were solid filler on WCW Saturday night. It was fun watching them beat up jobbers.

Also, Norton was one of the better characters in the WCW video games, so I have a lingering appreciation for him, despite not remembering any of his matches distinctly.

FIRE AND ICE were mainstays on WCW Saturday Night. Then they broke up the team and Scott Norton got a mini push as a B Team NWO guy

I thought they were decent, with a classic shitty ass WCW gimmick

I was just getting into wrestling when these guys were around (I was 6 in 1994), and I have a crazy fondness for the 1994/1995 WCW tag team scene. Stars & Stripes (probably my favorites), Pretty Wonderful, I've already mentioned the Nastys in a previous post, Fire and Ice, Dick Slater and Bunkhouse Buck, High Voltage. Also was a huge fan of KroniK in the WCW 2000 days.

As for WWF tag teams from my first year or two, whooo boy! Bodydonnas, Well Dunn, Headshrinkers 2.0, Tekno Team 2000, the Allied Powers, M.O.M. Of course, the Smoking Gunns were my favorites.

My god, those were some good, shitty days.

Side note, anyone recall Ice Train coming back as M.I. Smooth in 2000? He was so minor that I thought I imagined him for years until I got good at using the internet.

I was just getting into wrestling when these guys were around (I was 6 in 1994), and I have a crazy fondness for the 1994/1995 WCW tag team scene. Stars & Stripes (probably my favorites), Pretty Wonderful, I've already mentioned the Nastys in a previous post, Fire and Ice, Dick Slater and Bunkhouse Buck, High Voltage. Also was a huge fan of KroniK in the WCW 2000 days.

As for WWF tag teams from my first year or two, whooo boy! Bodydonnas, Well Dunn, Headshrinkers 2.0, Tekno Team 2000, the Allied Powers, M.O.M. Of course, the Smoking Gunns were my favorites.

My god, those were some good, shitty days.

Side note, anyone recall Ice Train coming back as M.I. Smooth in 2000? He was so minor that I thought I imagined him for years until I got good at using the internet.
Was M.I. Smooth in that No Limit Soldiers stable?

I always liked Badd Company, Paul Diamond and Pat Tanaka. They had some good matches with the Midnight Rockers for the AWA tag titles.

Gotta agree with Power & Glory. They were short lived, but I thought they had a ton of potential. I liked the New Blackjacks, and wish they did more with them.

I really like the tag of Dustin Rhodes and Barry Windom. Can't remember their name but there were two big ol boys who could really wrestle. They seemed to always have heat with each other and could never realize their true potential which apparently is what was going on back stage in real life.

APA.

They were overshadowed by Dudley's, E&C and Hardy Boys...come to think of it, there were lots of good teams during that era.

APA.

They were overshadowed by Dudley's, E&C and Hardy Boys...come to think of it, there were lots of good teams during that era.
The brief second golden age pf tag teams...then most of the division turned into random partners who don't get along but are forced together.

I loved them as a kid and was always mad that they wouldn't let them wrestle LOD and the British Bulldogs, not realizing they were comedy release, but man did they entertain. But, they are in the hall of fame and the Steiner's aren't so........
i actually liked them better as the sheepherders in the Mid South. Thats where I started wrestling, and i really hate how the WWF made all those guys into comedy acts. Sheepherders became jokes, koko b ware got a bird, jake the snake got a snake, jim duggan became a moron. I even preferred the mid south ted dibiase with the loaded glove to the million dollar man, though i realize i am in the minority and that made his career

Doom was over! Ron Simmons and Butch Reed had tons of fans and were doing very well but got broken up because they are black.

The Zambuie Express (Florida wrestling in the 80s) - Ray Candy and Bad Leroy Brown

Williams and Gordy were under appreciated outside of Japan. They did wrestle in the USA as a tag team sone, althoug not as much as in Japan and never got the push in the USA they deserved. Williams and Gordy were both working in WCW in 1989 (and other years but I remember that specifically) but for some reason they had them working against each other instead of in a tag team. A feud between them and The Steiners , Doom, or The Road Warriors would have been amazing.

Williams and Gordy were under appreciated outside of Japan. They did wrestle in the USA as a tag team sone, althoug not as much as in Japan and never got the push in the USA they deserved. Williams and Gordy were both working in WCW in 1989 (and other years but I remember that specifically) but for some reason they had them working against each other instead of in a tag team. A feud between them and The Steiners , Doom, or The Road Warriors would have been amazing.
Would've loved to see them tag more in America. I feel they could have dominated WCW for a while.

tumblr_meb8mwoQbo1r324lio1_400.gif

Overshadowed by their solo rubs....but nobody can't deny these two were great together and had the psychology of tag team wrestling right up there with the best of them.

Could've been the best of all time, The Dancing Fools.

The answer for me is demolition. I preferred them to LOD, but the wwe didn't feel the same.

Also, billy and chucky was pretty funny.
Demolition is generally regarded as one of the top tag teams of all time. I don't think I'd call them "underappreciated".

tumblr_meb8mwoQbo1r324lio1_400.gif

Overshadowed by their solo rubs....but nobody can't deny these two were great together and had the psychology of tag team wrestling right up there with the best of them.
I liked their empty arena matches.

Back