Underappreciated Tag Teams

1*OYdnOFCowZG_SftyPFFVgw.png

Williams and Gordy were under appreciated outside of Japan. They did wrestle in the USA as a tag team sone, althoug not as much as in Japan and never got the push in the USA they deserved. Williams and Gordy were both working in WCW in 1989 (and other years but I remember that specifically) but for some reason they had them working against each other instead of in a tag team. A feud between them and The Steiners , Doom, or The Road Warriors would have been amazing.

They did feud with the Steiners, won the program fairly clean, unified the NWA and WCW tag titles, had an entire tournament built around them and got pushed to the moon under Bill Watts WCW. Under appreciated imho doesn’t apply to them.

The Southern Boys/Young Pistols were what I would consider under appreciated. Great workers that always had great matches.

My favorite tag team as a kid. People who only ever saw Stonecold wrestle missed Austin in his physical prime. He was a beast in WCW.

They had a great program with another team that is rarely talked about in Shane Douglas and Ricky Steamboat

HIGH VOLTAGE=Kenny Kaos & Robbie Rage

TOWERS OF POWER= Barbarian & Warlord

HEADSHRINKERS =SAMU & FATU

THE HEADBANGERS=MOSH & THRASHER

JOB SQUAD=AL Snow,Gilberg,Flash Funk & Hardcore Holly

And

Mortis & Wrath can't remember their name though.

Btw I just finished off versions of the teams o listed on FIRE PRO WRESTLING RETURNS.....

SIMMING an epic tag tournament lol

HIGH VOLTAGE=Kenny Kaos & Robbie Rage

TOWERS OF POWER= Barbarian & Warlord

HEADSHRINKERS =SAMU & FATU

THE HEADBANGERS=MOSH & THRASHER

JOB SQUAD=AL Snow,Gilberg,Flash Funk & Hardcore Holly

And

Mortis & Wrath can't remember their name though.

High voltage ......were super agile guys who also were powerhouses going from military press slams to springboard dropkicks.Some of the best doubleteam finishers I've seen as well.

TOWERS OF power ........both were solid bruiser singles guys who actually managed to come together and work well.They looked physically great together as their gimmicks matched great as well as their power style of wrestling I'm surprised they didn't go further.

HEADSHRINKERS.......uber tough macho guys known for wild behavior and stiff matches resulting in shoots alot of times.They utilized primitive headbutts and punches but also were some of the first bigguys to incorporate martial arts with chops and high kicks as well as some top rope moves. DEFINITELY a tough team.

The headbangers.....pretty cool gimmick for the time and their backbreaker top rope legdrop finisher was awesome and they worked well as a mid tier team.

JOB squad......had some of the funniest and strangest matches and gimmicks always enjoyed their matches.

Mortis and wrath.....excellent combo of powerhouse and offensive innovation and overall they looked perfect together.

They had a great program with another team that is rarely talked about in Shane Douglas and Ricky Steamboat

Fuck yeah. I re-watched a couple of their matches on WWE Network a month or two ago. WCW really had some great tag teams in the day with the Steiners, LOD, Doom, The Hollywood Blondes, etc... and then later with Harlem Heat and the Nasty Boys. Their factions were always great too, with the Horsemen, the York Foundation, and of course the nWo.

Taka and Funaki and too cool.

Too cool at the royal rumble was an ATG moment.

Fuck yeah. I re-watched a couple of their matches on WWE Network a month or two ago. WCW really had some great tag teams in the day with the Steiners, LOD, Doom, The Hollywood Blondes, etc... and then later with Harlem Heat and the Nasty Boys. Their factions were always great too, with the Horsemen, the York Foundation, and of course the nWo.

Dont forget the Dangerous Alliance. That faction ahd HOFers everywhere...

Arn
Zbyszko
Rude
Austin
Medusa
Eaton (should be a HOFer)
Heyman (will be a HOFer)

Dont forget the Dangerous Alliance. That faction ahd HOFers everywhere...

Arn
Zbyszko
Rude
Austin
Medusa
Eaton (should be a HOFer)
Heyman (will be a HOFer)

My favorite faction of all time. When they beat the piss out of Steamboat for hitting medusa I was scared for his life as a kid.

Doom was over! Ron Simmons and Butch Reed had tons of fans and were doing very well but got broken up because they are black.
reed left wcw and simmons became a world champ.

Overshadowed by their solo rubs....but nobody can't deny these two were great together and had the psychology of tag team wrestling right up there with the best of them.

Underappreciated? Better than most but not among the top 3-4 greatest tag teams of all-time. I would say they’re consistently rated where they should be.

Underappreciated? Better than most but not among the top 3-4 greatest tag teams of all-time. I would say they’re consistently rated where they should be.
Never seen them on any top tag teams list.

Back