underrated fighters on win streaks (darkhorse thread)

SourPatchKid

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
My favorite fighters to root for are ones on the come-up that are on lowkey win streaks, are underrated, and I think could take out a decent amount of top 15ers. Here's a list, name some more you like and add HELLA gifs

1. Mairbek taisumov ( 5 five win streak all KO/TKOs, has top 10 scared shitless)
2. Rustam Khabilov (5 fight win streak, hopefully will return to his Slampage Suplex ways)
3. Michel prazeres (6 fight win streak, beat Taisumov and Giblert Burns, fatass who gives zero fucks)
4. Leo Santos (6 fight UFC unbeaten streak, BJJ world champ who KOed Kevin Lee)
5. Leon Edwards (4 fight win streak, 6-1 in last 7, beat Luque/Tumenov/Barberena)
6. Zaleski Dos santos (4 fight winstreak, should be 5 arguably, straight ZFG savage)
7. Paul Felder (3 fight win streak all won by HELLBOWS, 5-1 in last 6)
8. Olivier Aubin Mercier (3 fight win streak, 6-1 in last 7)
9. Alan Patrick (3 fight win streak, frickin HUGE, 5-1 in last six only loss to Taisumov)
10. Vicente Luque (5-1 in last 6, lost to Leon Edwards)
11. Zak Cummings (6-2 in UFC, only lost to Ponz and Gunnar, huge for weight class)
12. Gregor Gillespie (undefeated, no intro needed, future champ)
13. Ryan Laflare (6-2 in UFC, got KOed by Cowboy Oliveira but still underrated)
14. Chad Laprise (3 fight win streak, 6-2 in UFC)
15. Kajan Johnson (3 fight win streak, KOed Adriano Martins
16. Arnold Allen (3 fight win streak, undefeated in UFC, beat Mach1)

who else am I missing?

Alexander Vollkanovski (4-0), 17-1 overall.

Zabit Magomedsharipov (2-0), 14-1 overall.

What happened to Leo Santos. people forget this dude fucked up kevin lee.

Excited for Taisumov to return as well. man is a savage

What happened to Leo Santos. people forget this dude fucked up kevin lee.

Excited for Taisumov to return as well. man is a savage
I think because of his age and the boring fight with Martins, he has fallen off the radar which is a shame

leon edwards is the best on that list

I think because of his age and the boring fight with Martins, he has fallen off the radar which is a shame
yeah true. that fight with martins didn't help. leo santos is arguably a top 15 fighter in the toughest division of the ufc

taisumov was my answer.

i thought ruslan magomedov was gonna be top 10, but then he popped. not that much power but he's a clean technical striker, which was nice at HW.

My favorite fighters to root for are ones on the come-up that are on lowkey win streaks, are underrated, and I think could take out a decent amount of top 15ers. Here's a list, name some more you like and add HELLA gifs

1. Mairbek taisumov ( 5 five win streak all KO/TKOs, has top 10 scared shitless)
2. Rustam Khabilov (5 fight win streak, hopefully will return to his Slampage Suplex ways)
3. Michel prazeres (6 fight win streak, beat Taisumov and Giblert Burns, fatass who gives zero fucks)
4. Leo Santos (6 fight UFC unbeaten streak, BJJ world champ who KOed Kevin Lee)
5. Leon Edwards (4 fight win streak, 6-1 in last 7, beat Luque/Tumenov/Barberena)
6. Zaleski Dos santos (4 fight winstreak, should be 5 arguably, straight ZFG savage)
7. Paul Felder (3 fight win streak all won by HELLBOWS, 5-1 in last 6)
8. Olivier Aubin Mercier (3 fight win streak, 6-1 in last 7)
9. Alan Patrick (3 fight win streak, frickin HUGE, 5-1 in last six only loss to Taisumov)
10. Vicente Luque (5-1 in last 6, lost to Leon Edwards)
11. Zak Cummings (6-2 in UFC, only lost to Ponz and Gunnar, huge for weight class)
12. Gregor Gillespie (undefeated, no intro needed, future champ)
13. Ryan Laflare (6-2 in UFC, got KOed by Cowboy Oliveira but still underrated)
14. Chad Laprise (3 fight win streak, 6-2 in UFC)
15. Kajan Johnson (3 fight win streak, KOed Adriano Martins
16. Arnold Allen (3 fight win streak, undefeated in UFC, beat Mach1)

who else am I missing?

Kamaru Usman 7 fight win streak
Santiago Ponzinibbio 6 fight win streak

I really like Dan Hooker. His overall record of 15-7 isn't sexy, nor is the 5-3 UFC record with a 2 fight win streak, but he just turned 27 and has finished 14 of his 15 wins. Equally good on the feet and the ground, 7 knockouts and 7 submissions. Only been finished 2 times in his 7 losses, last time back in 2012.

2 other names:
Jake Matthews-23 year old Aussie who looked awesome against a legit WW in The Leech. 12-3 overall, 6-3 in the UFC, 2 fight win streak. 9 finishes in his 12 fights.

Calvin Kattar-29 year year old, 18-2, 2-0 UFC. 10 fight win streak dating back to 2010. Looked great against an equally good, previously unbeaten prospect in Shane Burgos.

Back