Uneven abs?

SinisterOne

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyonelse is experiencing this, to me it seems that my left side is way more defined than my right side even though I am pretty sure, I am training and using both sides equally, I even started working on my right side way more to get this over with for a while, seems to be not making much of a difference. It looks odd.
Is it genetics, can it also have something to do with me being leftside dominant?

Just wondering if anyonelse is experiencing this, to me it seems that my left side is way more defined than my right side even though I am pretty sure, I am training and using both sides equally, I even started working on my right side way more to get this over with for a while, seems to be not making much of a difference. It looks odd.
Is it genetics, can it also have something to do with me being leftside dominant?

I also feel as if my left side activates better than the right, dont know why

You're in luck. I believe that @NurseKnuckles was JUST at one of Trent Dassouza's conferences over the weekend where he addressed this EXACT issue.

Hopefully he'll weigh in on the subject soon.

bookmarked. left side able to withstand many more reps on oblique movements

You're in luck. I believe that @NurseKnuckles was JUST at one of Trent Dassouza's conferences over the weekend where he addressed this EXACT issue.

Hopefully he'll weigh in on the subject soon.
Fingers crossed.
Hope so.
Also noticed its my triceps and biceps that are uneven aswell

"One study even found that women have more orgasms during sex with men who were more symmetrical, regardless of their level of romantic attachment or the guys' sexual experience.

The connection between body symmetry and mate selection began to make sense when researchers started finding correlations between symmetry and health. One study found that men with asymmetric faces tend to suffer more from depression, anxiety, headaches and even stomach problems. Women with facial asymmetry are less healthy and more prone to emotional instability and depression.

Another study found that the more asymmetric a person's body was, the more likely they were to show signs of aggression when provoked."

Bilateral symmetry began to become dominant about 500 million years ago, you're just behind the curve. Don't get angry bro.

Thanks @MatterOverMind

So, @SinisterOne I did get a chance to talk to Trent. He’s super busy these days with his drum circle tour; but he took some time to help me understand some of my own imbalances too. He’s exploring the effects of centripetal force manifested by the earth’s rotation on how we perceive our imbalances and whether there is merit to his hypothesis that the force applied will move your muscles to one side creating this perceived imbalance and whether the closer you are to the earth’s central gravitational spin, the less you will notice this. He showed me a map, placed his compass point in the middle and spun it to help me visualize this phenomenon. He theorizes there is perceived imbalances on the right side in the Pacific region while here, we would expect it on the left.

Last edited:
Asymmetry is natural and common. Don't worry.

Ancient warriors used to be asymmetrical because they used heavy steel weapons like battle axes which they had to swing all day, so their dominant arm became super yoked while the other one remained skinny af kind of like tennis players today but to a much greater extent. So what I'm saying, my bro, is swing your sword with the other arm from time to time yanomsayin'

^Or in other words, if you want even abs, you need to jerk off using both hands to the same degree. Hmm?

^Or in other words, if you want even abs, you need to jerk off using both hands to the same degree. Hmm?
thatsthejoke.jpg

I must say many of this replies here gave me a good chuckle, first of all I am female, thanks for the jacking off tips.
@Phlog that is very interesting, My face is pretty symmetric it is just the rest of my body that isn´t much so, can I still blame my depression and all that on this lol.

@NurseKnuckles also first time I heard of such thing, but I guess that is possible yeah

I was going to ask for pics to help visualize, but you're a girl.

Gross.

I've got this. I figure it is from mixed grip deadlifting.

I have a similar issue with my obliques. Left side is bigger. I have slight sciatica on that side so the left side oblique may be taking on some of the work of my piriformis.

Furthermore, I've noticed some people's bodies seem to specialize more dramatically, and I'm one of them. When I was fencing my lead leg was in inch bigger around than my back leg.

All you can do is make sure you even out the stimuli. If you fight, try developing your orthodox stance. It's a good skill to have anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back