Unified MMA 47: Friday, December 2, Canada

Krayko-Smith is a rematch. Smith got dominated on the mat in the first one. Hard to believe he's greatly improved at 39.

Diego Santos' record is really weak. He's never fought anyone who has won a fight before. His last two fights were in his own gym.

I don't have Fight Pass to tape Nguyen, but he looks solid with the wheel kick finish here. This has the feeling of a squash match for the local fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O6-F8NkFnpA

Might be interested in Hammo as a dog tbh. He generally only loses to high level (for regionals) guys and the other guy hasn't fought for 4 years.

I need @Stat_Collector on this one.
the four years is worrying but i like Basra. He was placed second in all of Canadian wrestling.

Day in the Life - Justin Basra S01-E01 - Hard Knocks Fighting Championship

' My name is Justin Basra, I’m born and raised in Calgary, Alberta, I’m 27 years old, I’m a mixed martial artist training out of Elite Training Center and Empower Fitness. I started off as an amateur wrestler in junior high and followed that all the way ’till the age of 26, placed as high as second in the country and I’ve been placing in the top five in the past six years. I made the transition to MMA, it just felt like something I was always interested in and something that I wanted to pursue, but I didn’t know it to the level that I could pursue it to and after about a year of training I just fell in love with the sport and it’s all I wanna do. '

Another thing that really sold it for me was in this video, you can see he has a dedicated training staff.
Even the way his teammates describe him, he's the leader of that gym, giving them tips, you can tell they respect him a lot.

And Hammo getting out grappled by Arnett, who is decent grappler but he just looked really bad, his scrambles to regaining his feet looked basic. I think Hammo might be able to thwart subs because he has some bjj knowledge that's decent, but he's definitely getting grounded. He's also been inactive as a fighter, he hadn't fought in 2018 and then came back in 2021 and goes 2-1 two wins to the same guy Anderson, who in the fourth round dropped him before reversing momentum and getting the finish. I think this goes two ways, Basra dominates him to sub in 3 rnds or a lay/pray dec, or Hammo reverses momentum passed rnd 4 and exposes Basra chin.

But wrestlers are known for their grit and fighting the long fight all night long, they all tend to have gd cardio, and in the lower regionals of mma , you should always go with the more accomplished athlete and most of the time the better grappler is the one who wins.

I dropped 575 for 500$ on Basra, i think at -115 he's still a good deal.

the four years is worrying but i like Basra. He was placed second in all of Canadian wrestling.

Day in the Life - Justin Basra S01-E01 - Hard Knocks Fighting Championship

' My name is Justin Basra, I’m born and raised in Calgary, Alberta, I’m 27 years old, I’m a mixed martial artist training out of Elite Training Center and Empower Fitness. I started off as an amateur wrestler in junior high and followed that all the way ’till the age of 26, placed as high as second in the country and I’ve been placing in the top five in the past six years. I made the transition to MMA, it just felt like something I was always interested in and something that I wanted to pursue, but I didn’t know it to the level that I could pursue it to and after about a year of training I just fell in love with the sport and it’s all I wanna do. '

Another thing that really sold it for me was in this video, you can see he has a dedicated training staff.
Even the way his teammates describe him, he's the leader of that gym, giving them tips, you can tell they respect him a lot.

And Hammo getting out grappled by Arnett, who is decent grappler but he just looked really bad, his scrambles to regaining his feet looked basic. I think Hammo might be able to thwart subs because he has some bjj knowledge that's decent, but he's definitely getting grounded. He's also been inactive as a fighter, he hadn't fought in 2018 and then came back in 2021 and goes 2-1 two wins to the same guy Anderson, who in the fourth round dropped him before reversing momentum and getting the finish. I think this goes two ways, Basra dominates him to sub in 3 rnds or a lay/pray dec, or Hammo reverses momentum passed rnd 4 and exposes Basra chin.

But wrestlers are known for their grit and fighting the long fight all night long, they all tend to have gd cardio, and in the lower regionals of mma , you should always go with the more accomplished athlete and most of the time the better grappler is the one who wins.

I dropped 575 for 500$ on Basra, i think at -115 he's still a good deal.

Nice, tailed at 1.9

I like Devon Brock too, he has fought 6-1 from 2021 to 2022 , Tom has only fought twice, Devin also is big strong athletic and packs a nice punch.

Not so sure about that one, I don't like the recent loss to the 3-2 guy, although I can give him a pass for losing to Lebosniyani who's really good. I may regret it but I'll sit that one out.

Not so sure about that one, I don't like the recent loss to the 3-2 guy, although I can give him a pass for losing to Lebosniyani who's really good. I may regret it but I'll sit that one out.
yeah but his activity is so off the chart, sometimes fighters are late bloomers and they start getting better with each fight.

Tom's best win is jose caceras but that guy is over the hill already. before that he's beating low skilled.

i like Brock for parlay betting, not gonna throw a single bet like i did Basra.

yeah but his activity is so off the chart, sometimes fighters are late bloomers and they start getting better with each fight.

Tom's best win is jose caceras but that guy is over the hill already. before that he's beating low skilled.

i like Brock for parlay betting, not gonna throw a single bet like i did Basra.

Yeah, he could be a Darrius Flowers type dude.

yeah that's who i was thinking about when i taped him, FLowers the dwcs guy.

You know anything about Santos? i only have one fight of his

No, looks like he's fought absolute nobodies though.

Diego Santos' record is really weak. He's never fought anyone who has won a fight before. His last two fights were in his own gym.

I don't have Fight Pass to tape Nguyen, but he looks solid with the wheel kick finish here. This has the feeling of a squash match for the local fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O6-F8NkFnpA

John Nguyen (-115) over Diego Santos $63.25 to win $55.00

Hope Basra came through for you guys.

<6>

0-3 canadian mma. bad beat for me. -566 . long lay offs are not playable . Warning signs were there when basra was getting his back taken in lower level mma but then would reverse. shameful for a wrestler of his status.

i think i'll pull through with my bkfc. rene and mundell

Back