Unions brace for Supreme Court Janus decision: RULING= "Right to Work" Law of the Land, Unions Lose

That if you vote Republican you are directly voting for the destruction of your and everybody else's union.

The National labor relations act isn’t going anywhere. That’s a pretty far out there position you’ve taken IMO.

The only reason that job was as attractive as it was is because of the work of the Union. It's not like it was a new non-unionised position.
No the reason the job was attractive is because skilled labour is inherently valued by employers, and they are willing to pay more for talent. Union should not be an obstacle to employment of non-members. Evidently, SC has ruled the same way and it will stay that way for decades to come.

No the reason the job was attractive is because skilled labour is inherently valued by employers, and they are willing to pay more for talent. Union should not be an obstacle to employment of non-members. Evidently, SC has ruled the same way and it will stay that way for decades to come.
Look at the difference in pay between unionised and non unionised positions.

We talking public sector or private sector though? I know the legal assistants in the prosecutors office of the county I work for are all unionized except for one and they all are on the same "tier" of pay. Some paid more for being their longer (the non-unionized lady being one of the higher paid ones).

The National labor relations act isn’t going anywhere. That’s a pretty far out there position you’ve taken IMO.

Yeah, 20 years ago if you would have told people about right to work laws in half the states, and public unions being dismantled, people would have mocked you.

Republicans and the chamber of commerce care more about union busting they they do any other issue. Not taxes, not abortion, not small government, but union busting.

No one should be forced to join organization or pay any due without consent. That's the heart of the matter. If you want union representation, go for it, but don't force it upon others.

I'm shocked at the profound ignorance in this thread. Let me use a real life example from an actual union contract to help folks like you recognize the oxymoronic nature of your thinking on this issue.

A company negotiates and signs a contract with a union that stipulates any employee categorized as "part time" can not be scheduled for more than 25 hours per week (calculated as a monthly average).

Now imagine a part-time employee who is not a union member goes into the GM's office and says, "Listen, I want to work 40 hours a week. I understand I will not be eligible for any benefits as a part timer. But I don't care."

Now imagine the GM says, "Sounds good to me," and starts scheduling this employee for 40 hours a week.

What do you think would happen next?

Hope this helps.

I'm shocked at the profound ignorance in this thread. Let me use a real life example from an actual union contract to help folks like you recognize the oxymoronic nature of your thinking on this issue.

A company negotiates and signs a contract with a union that stipulates any employee categorized as "part time" can not be scheduled for more than 25 hours per week (calculated as a monthly average).

Now imagine a part-time employee who is not a union member goes into the GM's office and says, "Listen, I want to work 40 hours a week. I understand I will not be eligible for any benefits as a part timer. But I don't care."

Now imagine the GM says, "Sounds good to me," and starts scheduling this employee for 40 hours a week.

What do you think would happen next?

Hope this helps.
Looks like he made a consensual deal with his employer and that deal should be respected.

Have you ever worked management positions? They pay a lot more than your unionized workers. Funny thing is the most pro-union workers at the workplace are generally the laziest and the sleaziest, and I've been on both side of the fence.

No offense, but I'm not going to dignify this crap with a response. If you actually think it's the left that has been uncivil in the U.S., you're beyond help.

Yes, what you just did is a perfect example of what the Left is doing wrong. You think you're above defending your views. You're not. Now is the time to convince people you have a case, if you have one.

The only reason that job was as attractive as it was is because of the work of the Union. It's not like it was a new non-unionised position.

There is no evidence to support that. He could be an intelligent top-performer and simply wants to compete on his own merit.

Yeah, 20 years ago if you would have told people about right to work laws in half the states, and public unions being dismantled, people would have mocked you.

Republicans and the chamber of commerce care more about union busting they they do any other issue. Not taxes, not abortion, not small government, but union busting.

Tell us again about that time you refused to vote for Hillary Clinton because she was TOO FAR to the right of Bernie.

There is no evidence to support that. He could be an intelligent top-performer and simply wants to compete on his own merit.
Then go to a non-unionised workforce and compete on your own merit. Don't go to a job that only pays what it does because of years of other people's bargaining then demand special treatment.

Looks like he made a consensual deal with his employer and that deal should be respected.

Have you ever worked management positions? They pay a lot more than your unionized workers. Funny thing is the most pro-union workers at the workplace are generally the laziest and the sleaziest, and I've been on both side of the fence.

Management doesnt always pay more. Especially when you consider hourly vs salary. And I have been on both sides of the fence too and you are very wrong. You just believe the bull shit propaganda that union workers are lazy. When in reality there are both hard workers and lazy workers in any job and there is no difference if it is union or not. Same goes for management.

Last edited:

The employer made a contractual agreement with the union which he/she is legally obligated to uphold. He doesn't have the option of breaking the contract on behalf of individual employees.

I don't know if you're really this obtuse or if you just don't want to come right out and say you do not believe workers should have the right to organize because you see it as an "infringement" on the rights of employers to do what they want in the workplace, when they want, on the case to case basis of their choosing.

Yes, what you just did is a perfect example of what the Left is doing wrong. You think you're above defending your views. You're not. Now is the time to convince people you have a case, if you have one.
I like how he said he wasn't going to respond and yet responded anyhow. :D

Odd that people would be happy about enforced theft of union benefits through free riding, but it do.

Odd that people ARE FORCED TO BE CHARGED FOR SOMETHING THEY DID NOT ASK FOR.

Odd for people to be against the freedom to choose to pay dues to a union or not.

Unions are outdated. With OSHA and shit we don't have those crazy working situations in the old days where unions were actually needed.

It is the 21st century, grandpa dinosaur, keep up!

I like how he said he wasn't going to respond and yet responded anyhow. :D

Well, I ain't responding to you.

Odd that people ARE FORCED TO BE CHARGED FOR SOMETHING THEY DID NOT ASK FOR.

Odd for people to be against the freedom to choose to pay dues to a union or not.

Unions are outdated. With OSHA and shit we don't have those crazy working situations in the old days where unions were actually needed.

It is the 21st century, grandpa dinosaur, keep up!

Well, I ain't responding to you.

If you dont want to pay for a union then you should also not get the benefits the union negotiated. What kind of dumb fuck takes a job knowing that it is Union and what side the Union leans towards and then complains about it. Get a job elsewhere then. But they would rather have that Union job that pays better with better benefits. But not contribute. And if you dont like what side the Union supports politically then complain to the Right. Why the fuck would the Union support the side thats out to destroy them.

Unions arent outdated. People are underpaid in many industries, there are health and safety issues constantly. And no, OSHA who comes out to inspect a work place seldomly will not find them all. And benefits are constantly diminishing. Health care, vacation time, sick leave, etc etc.

Last edited:
Back