Unions brace for Supreme Court Janus decision: RULING= "Right to Work" Law of the Land, Unions Lose

My wife and I are both public servants. We both vote Liberal or not at all. We really aren’t sure how we feel about this ruling yet.

On one hand, we are optimistic with this ruling because this may open up the door for more than one option to choose from. Competition will lead to representation that will work harder and more efficiently for our money.

On the other hand, this strengthens the Republican party which is not what we want.

You are going to deny that the destruction of unions is goal for the right?

Of course. I mean, I’ve asked who specifically you’re talking about and you didn’t provide 1 name. How could it be a goal for “the right” and you haven’t named one person.

My wife and I are both public servants. We both vote Liberal or not at all. We really aren’t sure how we feel about this ruling yet.

On one hand, we are optimistic with this ruling because this may open up the door for more than one option to choose from. Competition will lead to representation that will work harder and more efficiently for our money.

On the other hand, this strengthens the Republican party which is not what we want.

How does it open a door up for other options? The whole idea in having group bargaining is the greater the number the more leverage you have. If you start dividing that up then the company can pit two sides against eachother. I have seen it happen before.

How does it open a door up for other options? The whole idea in having group bargaining is the greater the number the more leverage you have. If you start dividing that up then the company can pit two sides against eachother. I have seen it happen before.

Having a single union where there is no option but to pay, doesn’t make for a union that works their hardest. If unions had to earn our membership, they would operate with less fat. We could lose leverage in the way of unity, but I would rather have specialized representation negotiate specifically for my classification. As it is now, I feel like too much of my money is going to things that I do not need.

Edit: I should add that my wife, my coworkers and I just started having this conversation today since this wasn’t even on our radar previously. I’m far from knowing enough on the subject to know exactly if this will be better for us or not.

Last edited:
That's what the voting is for. Otherwise you will have the company pit one against another. If you want someone that will negotiate for your specific classification than vote for some one that will. Also, if you have weak leadership vote them out or run against them yourself. Get involved.

Government unions represent the workers against tHe citizens paying their salaries. That’s a tough spot to be in. You’re being paid to provide public services and you’re being aggressively protected against being fired for incompetence. So while I’m not necessarily anti union, I am pretty skeptical of public ones

Government unions represent the workers against tHe citizens paying their salaries. That’s a tough spot to be in. You’re being paid to provide public services and you’re being aggressively protected against being fired for incompetence. So while I’m not necessarily anti union, I am pretty skeptical of public ones
I'm in the same boat with the Teamsters. I've posted it a ton in here but when I got hired I didn't have the on paper experience required (job wanted 3 years I had like 6 months). HR started me at a slightly lower than advertised pay because of that no big deal. But when I could prove I could do the job I didn't get a bump for 1.5 years and my union did SHIT to help me.

Back