University "Free Speech" Debate in Toronto Forced to Cancelled After Receiving Threats

Orgasmo

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
How dare this fascist not respect political correctness and use of genderless pronouns. He's literally Hitler!

Ryerson University has cancelled a “free speech on campus” event after activists on Facebook threatened violent disruption, University of Toronto Professor Jordan Peterson says.

Peterson, whose criticism of political correctness — and especially genderless pronouns — has attracted international attention, was one of a panel of experts speaking at The Stifling of Free Speech on University Campuses.

A Facebook page, entitled “No Fascists in Our City!,” says the university is hosting a “bigoted event featuring some of the most bigoted folks around right now as panelists. “This s--- stops now. Either you’re with us or you’re not ... We are beyond pschyed,” it says in an invitation to the like-minded to join them at the event.

“After a thorough security review, the university has concluded that Ryerson is not equipped to provide the necessary level of public safety for the event to go forward,” Forbes said. The statement did not specifically refer to the Facebook page.
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/1...-free-speech-event-at-ryerson-jordan-peterson

This is the alt left for you....

They do exist.

Hopefully some of the libs here will come and condemn this...

Last edited:
This isn't just a war on free speech and freedom of expression but also on creativity, critical thinking, culture, history, enlightenment and Western civilization.

"You're either with us or you're not" then they violently assault those who aren't "with them"

These people seriously think Jordan Peterson is a fascist? Talk about playing into the "Everyone I don't like is Hitler" stereotype.

These people seriously think Jordan Peterson is a fascist? Talk about playing into the "Everyone I don't like is Hitler" stereotype.

Everyone who disagrees with them is a fascist or nazi in their minds

That's dumb. Calling someone else a fascist and then attempting to shut down a speaking event is the epitome of hypocrisy.

This isn't just a war on free speech and freedom of expression but also on creativity, critical thinking, culture, history, enlightenment and Western civilization.
It's an attack on common sense sanity. They will need to be stopped soon, unfortunately. The destroy the West media will favor those who want their to be 32 genders with no discussion, and it's looking like they very sadly may need to be stopped as well.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death for your right to say it." - Evelyn Hall

That should be the hallmark of a true Liberal, but unfortunately Liberalism has been hijacked by Cultural Marxists.

"You're either with us or you're not" then they violently assault those who aren't "with them"

Right. Pretty sure the media creating them was a way to grow right wing extremism.

Last edited:
<{clintugh}>

It does not help that Canada's liberal media, especially the CBC, is aggressively pushing the "anyone who is right of center is a racist Nazi" propaganda. The CBC has really been attacking Andrew Scheer for giving a few interviews with Rebel Media when he was running for Conservative Party leader. The argument coming from the CBC is that if you even talk with someone who is deemed to be far-right, then you are a Nazi. It is getting ridiculous. I just hope there are not too many Canadians buying into the divisive, "All Conservatives are Nazis" nonsense.

They don't know how to win. This is how you squander moral authority. This is how you lose your sense of proportion.

Doesn't exonerate Trump, but at least he's making an effort to get it right today.

It's sad that security is needed in the first place.

Rallies in the USA for the First Amendment should become more inclusive by welcoming a show of Second Amendment support as well. Not sure how that would work in Canada. :D

People realize Hitler tried the Beer Hall Putsch coup well before he was even elected into office, right?

actually, i'm not sure they do.

How dare this fascist not respect political correctness and use of genderless pronouns. He's literally Hitler!

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/1...-free-speech-event-at-ryerson-jordan-peterson
Peterson seems to be wrong in his assertion that people are claiming that gender and sex vary independently, but he's also been clear that he opposes only being forced to use certain words. I swear I've heard him say that "they" is a reasonable way to deal with gender ambiguity. I don't like that his argument has been twisted into simply being against genderless pronouns. Unless he's changed his stance recently, that's not his objection.

Utterly ridiculous that any group that respects the ideals of a free and democratic nation would push for banning a speaking event. But Ryerson is a horrible spot for it -- right by Dundas Sq, hundreds of thousands of people who walk around that area daily, a ton of tourists and ordinary civilians; including a lot of kids.

I respect the decision to look out for safety on this one.

I think what makes this ever growing trend all the more terrifying is that you can get banned and censored like this for simply telling the truth.

Back