Unpopular metal music opinions

Theyre both important.

If you have ideas in your head but no skill to showcase them, then they remain stuck in your head, with no one to hear but yourself.
Yeah but there are so many cases of bands in the early days playing beyond their ability. Its still good shit.

It might just be my imagination, but it seems like Reign in Blood comes up pretty frequently in discussions of best thrash album, whereas Seasons barely ever gets mentioned.
Seasons has good riffs,but its just slow and really lacks the intensity of their earlier material. Its kinda "eh" and this is pretty much the end of Slayer's run as an interesting band for me.

Melodic death metal is only listenable until you're about 16.

Except Carcass. Carcass is awesome.
It really depends on the bands..Early At the Gates is great...the bands influenced by them? Not so much. Older I get the less i dig Carcass. I guess i can listen up to Necrotism,but eh...

The last album they did before breaking up,sounded like megadeth with carcass vocals. Ugh.

You can't listen to Dark Tranquility or Be'lakor?

I know I'm arguing in the wrong thread, since it's about "unpopular opinions" ... but still ...

It really depends on the bands..Early At the Gates is great...the bands influenced by them? Not so much. Older I get the less i dig Carcass. I guess i can listen up to Necrotism,but eh...

The last album they did before breaking up,sounded like megadeth with carcass vocals. Ugh.
I am partly being a knobhead. Having said that, when I was growing up, that Gothenburg sound was really popular. I heard way too much of it and now it makes my ears bleed .

You mean this era of Pantera?

That will definitely be an unpopular opinion lol

Yep that era of Pantera and many people think Glamtera became Pantera when Phil joined but that isn't true. They forget that 1988's Power Metal features the debut of Phil Anselmo on vocals and they still looked and wrote the same songs they were writing before lol

Power Metal is my fave Pantera Album

No metal band is as good as the original Black Sabbath.
That not an opinion. It's fact.

My "unpopular opinion" is that Ronnie James Dio is the best metal voice of all time.

That not an opinion. It's fact.

My "unpopular opinion" is that Ronnie James Dio is the best metal voice of all time.
you know I never listened to Sabbath with Dio? can you post something you enjoy by them?

you know I never listened to Sabbath with Dio? can you post something you enjoy by them?
Just look up "sign of the southern cross" on youtube. Prob the best song of that era

Musically, Slayer is overrated. All they have going for themselves is their dark, demonic, and murderous lyrics.
No.

First 4 or 5 releases ruled the ground you walk on.

Vulgar > Cowboys & Driven
Hell no. Vulgar is one of the worst they put out. Cowboys is good but not original...just copying other 80s bands. Driven and esp trendkill had alot of really great substance underneath the bro tough guy shtick

I don't think many really believe they are making some hugely complex music. They innovated with a reasonably new sound (think they borrowed a bit from Possessed and Venom) and stuck with it. Kerry can't solo for shit but he can riff.

On topic I don't mind some Anthrax but I think they're a bit silly really a lot of the time.

I don't know man. Jeff was the driving force musically for sure and he was very much a fan of hardcore. Slayer demos are pretty raw and sound nothing like Possessed or Venom (two bands I've at points preferred).

I used to scoff at people that said Heaven and Hell was the best Sabbath album. While I can't say it's my favorite, I can't really say those people are wrong.

Metallica is overrated.
Cliff was a fine bass player but I've listened intently and he was no Jaco. He wasn't a David Ellefson, even.

Kirk is a middling lead player. I personally have known better guitarists

C'mon man, he can play almost half the intro to sails of charon.

Back