Unpopular Opinion: X-MEN: APOCALYPSE (2016) Is a Better Superhero Movie Than LOGAN (2017)

Another unpopular opinion The Wolverine was better than Logan.

Yeah and let's just go all the way! Origins was better than The Dark Knight and Civil War combined!

Up your game movie trolls, at least shadow_priest tries to back up his ridiculous opinions.

Yeah and let's just go all the way! Origins was better than The Dark Knight and Civil War combined!

Up your game movie trolls, at least shadow_priest tries to back up his ridiculous opinions.

Origins sucked ass
Civil War was better than The Dark Knight. And that's not saying much.

Apocalypse was utter trash, and I didn't even finish Logan.

But I'm willing to say Logan is better anyway, because that's how bad Apocalypse was.

I had to legit YT cartoon scenes to wash that horrendous movie from my mind.

Apocalypse wasn't very good but it was worth watching just for that amazing quick silver scene!

I didn't like Logan as much as the general consensus (thought it was good not great). However Apocalypse was garbage. Fell asleep in Days of Futures Past as well. First Class is still my favorite X-Men movie.

@shadow_priest_x is one of the most informed and reasonable posters here.

Thanks, bro. I appreciate the backup.

I have a small, but dedicated, handful of haters around here. I guess that comes with the territory of being something of a high-profile poster. Just judging by some of the shit they say, I think most of them are off their meds.

@shadow_priest_x is one of the most informed and reasonable posters here.

Yes he is. But his thoughts on movies are still too forgiving and based largely on his personal enjoyment, as a result his opinions on films are often ridiculous.

If the metric you used here for determining a film was better than another is how much you enjoyed them, then a good way to weigh the quality of a film is it's overall reception among all audiences. Wouldn't you agree? So if you have an opinion 99% of the people who saw both films disagree with, based on how much they enjoyed the film, why shouldn't I consider your opinion ridiculous?

We're all a little stupid sometimes, it happens. I like Pootie Tang more than I like Man of Steel. I'd never say it's a better superhero movie just to make a thread though.

I have a small, but dedicated, handful of haters around here. I guess that comes with the territory of being something of a high-profile poster. Just judging by some of the shit they say, I think most of them are off their meds.

I think you're a great poster, I'm just inclined to think you might be the agent of some terrible actors with how many terrible movies you generously rate over 7/10. I mean honestly, what did you rate the last few Transformers movies? Be honest and then tell me you don't work for Mark Wahlberg.

I think you're a great poster, I'm just inclined to think you might be the agent of some terrible actors with how many terrible movies you generously rate over 7/10. I mean honestly, what did you rate the last few Transformers movies? Be honest and then tell me you don't work for Mark Wahlberg.

I only saw the first Transformers. Any movies you can remember me actually rating where you thought I was being too generous?

Also, I assume you got banned and created a new account. 11/2017 join date is too recent to have formed an opinion about me.

Who were you before?

I think even your biggest fans would admit that you have a soft spot for generic B movies. You certainly post about them more than you do any other movies.

Like you go out of your way to specifically watch movies that the general public has deemed generic and forgettable. Most people don't do that.

Man that movie X men Apocalypse was horrible, Logan should have at least got a nomination for some of these best picture awards, really good movie and sad.

Better than most of the flicks nominated.

I think even your biggest fans would admit that you have a soft spot for generic B movies. You certainly post about them more than you do any other movies.

Like you go out of your way to specifically watch movies that the general public has deemed generic and forgettable. Most people don't do that.

As you should know by now, I watch and enjoy films across a wide variety of genres.

But I do have a special love and appreciation for action/adventure movies of all stripes. Just because I love the genre so much, I can get as much enjoyment watching a 6/10 action film as I do watching, say, a 7.5/10 drama.

So yeah, I do not disagree with you. As you say, it's a soft spot.

I only saw the first Transformers. Any movies you can remember me actually rating where you thought I was being too generous?

Also, I assume you got banned and created a new account. 11/2017 join date is too recent to have formed an opinion about me.

Who were you before?

J. Bernie, star of Terminator 3.

I was murdered because of how bad the movie was.

Apocalypse wasn't very good but it was worth watching just for that amazing quick silver scene!
That was a cool scene, but the problem with these movies, is that they'll include 1 or 2 cool scenes and then people call it a good Xmen movie. X2 gets a bunch of praise for the Nightcrawler scene, and Wolverine taking out the swat team, but that's all these movies have. It's just cheap audience pandering.

As cool as the Quicksilver scene was, it's ridiculous. If he can see an explosion, and then successfully clear out a mansion full of people, including a dog and goldfish before the explosion fully explodes, then how can anyone ever match his power? He can literally kill you a thousand times over before you blink.

That was a cool scene, but the problem with these movies, is that they'll include 1 or 2 cool scenes and then people call it a good Xmen movie. X2 gets a bunch of praise for the Nightcrawler scene, and Wolverine taking out the swat team, but that's all these movies have. It's just cheap audience pandering.

As cool as the Quicksilver scene was, it's ridiculous. If he can see an explosion, and then successfully clear out a mansion full of people, including a dog and goldfish before the explosion fully explodes, then how can anyone ever match his power? He can literally kill you a thousand times over before you blink.

I've had that same thought about Quicksilver. Him being that fast is way overpowered. Still loved that scene.

Xmen 2 was my favorite. As long as the movie is cool and doesn't have a bunch of major flaws I enjoy it because it's just a silly comic book movie. I can suspend disbelief if the movie is done well.

I've had that same thought about Quicksilver. Him being that fast is way overpowered. Still loved that scene.

Xmen 2 was my favorite. As long as the movie is cool and doesn't have a bunch of major flaws I enjoy it because it's just a silly comic book movie. I can suspend disbelief if the movie is done well.
Yeah, it was a cool scene, and i don't have a problem of suspending disbelief, but even in a fantasy movie there has to be some sort of rules or logic that the movie has.
It's whatever when it's just a 1 off character in a 1 off movie, but Quicksilver joins the Xmen at the end of Apocalypse, so he'll be in the next one. So going forward, you always have to ask "well, why didn't Quicksilver just do....."? Which will result in stupid writing where the writers have to think of some stupid ways to handicap, or take Quicksilver out of a battle.

Logan is a perfect example of a "comic book movie" not just having to be "comic book movie". These movies can be whatever you make them.
The origins of the Xmen story is a story about racism.
There always seems to be this misconception that comic books are just tights and infinity stones.
Alcoholism, discrimination, morality, revenge, and a range of other topics are covered in comics. It's a book with pictures, doesn't mean it can't have an adult story

My feelings exactly about LOGAN.

They undid the great ending in DOFP by making Wolverine a broke limo driver (lmao) and the mighty and wise Professor X a rambling, senile, drug-dependent old fart.

At least it felt more realistic instead of incredibly cheesy.

I guess most superhero movies will be better since the heroes got their powers in those movies.

A superhero movie with a powerless hero.. Thats just a random drama movie then.

Back