Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Such a sick fight. Wish it was in the UFC, but still. Dunno who to pick here, this is as legit a HW fight as Rizin could put on - two seriously legit and relevant prospects battling it out. Great little scrap. I'll go for Delija, but I aint convinced.

Economou 263 vs chi Lewis parry 249 for the Bamma hw fight tomorrow night

The winner should get a Bellator deal

Another cool fight. I hope Parry wins coz Stav has been floating around for about 10yrs without making the final step.

Idk about y'all but for that one i blame @Paul L

Just call me Mystic Paul I guess. But that's Chi's MO, he just can't have a normal fight. He's lucky he didn't get DQ'd since BAMMA has DQ'd guys for that exact thing before (Tom Aspinall).

Mind you, I called Zaur and Vanderaa's fights wrong, I thought they would both get easy wins. We'll see how Lane does tonight.

Has there been any news on Bilyal Makhov? Is he ever going to fight?

He was raising his family and considering a 2020 Olympics run last time I heard. Although he has said on and off that he wants to fight in the UFC, but I haven't heard anything concrete yet.

I wonder if we're going to have to wait till September to see Goltsov Ufc debut. Ufc Russia is that month

Dustin Joynson

found a local prospect playing around in the who beat who of my regions mma scene since a few cards are coming up
6'5" but 230, so maybe a LHW in the end

Dustin Joynson

found a local prospect playing around in the who beat who of my regions mma scene since a few cards are coming up
6'5" but 230, so maybe a LHW in the end

Yeah, I'm guessing he'll do 205. He's 32, so hopefully we'll see him win a big fight or two and get into a top promotion.

Michał Orkowski 3-2 vs. Łukasz Łysoniewski 1-3
Anton Prusakov 1-0 vs. Farukh Babazhanov 0-0
Nikolay Savilov 11-3 vs. Konstantin Skrelya 4-6
Denis Polekhin 2-4 vs. Evgeni Boldyrev 9-15-1
Blake Nash 3-3 vs. Bobby Sullivan 0-1
Miguel Baudour 0-1 vs. Sami Ouardi 0-2
Daniele Palonmba 0-1 vs. Quentin Domingos 0-0
Karrar Hammodi 2-3 vs. Jonathan Guessele 0-0
Dan Charles 11-6-1 vs. Tony Lopez 58-27 (has a third fight for the end of the month as well, tony gonna tony)
Reggie Cato 5-2 vs. Justin Frazier 9-2
Dewayne McQueen 0-3 vs. Dustin Nichols 1-1
Jamie Smyth 1-0-1 vs. Caio Machado 0-0-1

what a weekend of mediocrity, at least ufc has 2 hw fights

29196635_10155934091435700_3400593450993713152_n.jpg

It’s official! My reign of terror returns to the big stage on April 27th in Minnesota for Legacy! My fight will be aired on TV and I have been busting my ass to make sure it’s my best performance to date! #legacy#lfa#legacyfightingalliance#ufc#heavyweight#mma

Josh Parisian (5-2) is making his LFA debut in April. No opponent has been announced as of yet but I know he's been working hard on his conditioning and wrestling since dropping his last fight against Tony Lopez last April. He's done a lot of training with UFC fighter Daniel Spitz recently, with Spitz coming to Michigan or Parisian going to Washington. They've been good training partners for one another.

29216284_2001652129875219_1755674301632702056_n.jpg

Brett Martin (4-0) will fight Ruben Esparza (2-1) for the KOP Heavyweight Championship. Brett has had a hard time getting opponents in the region and Esparza stepped up to the plate.

Hey PaulL, have you ever considered doing this same thread but with LHWs?

Someone did for a while, I started creating one for MW's and gave up quickly - it really showed me how much effort Paul puts into this shit, really hard to keep on top of!

Brett Martin (4-0) will fight Ruben Esparza (2-1) for the KOP Heavyweight Championship. Brett has had a hard time getting opponents in the region and Esparza stepped up to the plate.

Brett may look sloppy, but he's decent. I feel like he could be a Roy Nelson type, except more on the wrestling less on the striking. I don't see an issue with him going 7-0 or so before getting his competition level up, he can use the time to get in better shape and refine his game. Once he hits about 7-0 or 8-0 he'd be ready for LFA or DWCS.

Hey PaulL, have you ever considered doing this same thread but with LHWs?

I have LHW and MW fully scouted out, but it takes a ton of time to do these threads and keep them updated weekly. I still have a ton of guys to write profiles about on this thread alone, which I'm slowly getting at. It likely won't be possible with my other MMA commitments to do these threads for other weight classes, though I always encourage others to do their own, including borrowing anything they need from my posts.

Someone did for a while, I started creating one for MW's and gave up quickly - it really showed me how much effort Paul puts into this shit, really hard to keep on top of!

Yessir, primarily in heavier divisions where guys get signed quickly like MW, LHW, and HW. The lists change so dynamically and keeping up with the prospect pool worldwide, not just regionally, both professional and amateur, is super difficult.

Brett may look sloppy, but he's decent. I feel like he could be a Roy Nelson type, except more on the wrestling less on the striking. I don't see an issue with him going 7-0 or so before getting his competition level up, he can use the time to get in better shape and refine his game. Once he hits about 7-0 or 8-0 he'd be ready for LFA or DWCS.

I have LHW and MW fully scouted out, but it takes a ton of time to do these threads and keep them updated weekly. I still have a ton of guys to write profiles about on this thread alone, which I'm slowly getting at. It likely won't be possible with my other MMA commitments to do these threads for other weight classes, though I always encourage others to do their own, including borrowing anything they need from my posts.

Yessir, primarily in heavier divisions where guys get signed quickly like MW, LHW, and HW. The lists change so dynamically and keeping up with the prospect pool worldwide, not just regionally, both professional and amateur, is super difficult.

your telling me, ufc alone had 5 undefeated FLW fighters earlier this year but most of them have been crushed into davidson's run

big weightclasses need fighters, so it's fun to scout them. only other annoyance is sport-jumpers with various combat arts, especially the basically mma ones that should count as mma fights like combat sambo, shoot-boxing, vale tudo and sport pankration. there is plenty of weird mma out there (rules, combat zones etc) , why can't these other basically mm fights count as mma.

Paul L if you've never watched him you should keep your eye out for Trevor Wallace. He's a 3-0 Amateur Heavyweight (although only recorded as 2-0 on Tapology) and he just defended his Summit FC Amateur HW Title a couple weeks back. He's 6'5" and and a good sized Heavyweight. I don't know what his cardio is like but he looks athletic and hes been beating competent veteran amateurs in his recent fights. They're hyping him up as "Lesnaresque" but that's probably just in physique. Don't know his background.

You can find his recent fight here. His fight starts at the 1:52 mark.

Paul L if you've never watched him you should keep your eye out for Trevor Wallace. He's a 3-0 Amateur Heavyweight (although only recorded as 2-0 on Tapology) and he just defended his Summit FC Amateur HW Title a couple weeks back. He's 6'5" and and a good sized Heavyweight. I don't know what his cardio is like but he looks athletic and hes been beating competent veteran amateurs in his recent fights. They're hyping him up as "Lesnaresque" but that's probably just in physique. Don't know his background.

You can find his recent fight here. His fight starts at the 1:52 mark.

His striking actually looked pretty good in that fight. Much better than I would expect from an amateur heavyweight at least.

Such a sick fight. Wish it was in the UFC, but still. Dunno who to pick here, this is as legit a HW fight as Rizin could put on - two seriously legit and relevant prospects battling it out. Great little scrap. I'll go for Delija, but I aint convinced.

Can't wait for it. Better prospects than most UFC prospects. UFC could sign at least 10 guys from non-American promotions that would be better than anybody outside of their top 10.

I have him on my list, he has a Muay Thai background, good striker obviously. I wouldn't invest too much in his cardio, but he has potential. As long as he doesn't rush things and finds himself a high level gym to work out of, he has the potential to hit a big org. He reminds me a lot of Tai Tuivasa in his earlier years actually.

Amir Aliakbari 7-1 vs. Denis Smoldarev 13-3
Daniel Omielańczuk 19-8-1 vs. Bobby Brents 17-6
Mauro Cerilli 11-2 vs. Karl Moore 8-1
Sead Kahrovic 3-6 vs. Saša Milinković 4-1 (209)
Dion Staring 36-14 vs. Nills van Noord 17-9-2
Irvins Ayala vs. Drew Chatman co-debut (combined 11-0 as Am.)
Alain Ngalani 3-4 vs. Ariunbold Tur-Ochir 1-0
Sergiu Spivac 7-0 vs. Ivo Cuk 16-9
Márcio Teles 8-6 vs. Fabricio Almeida 3-2-1
Luiz Rossini 0-0 vs. Danilo Espera 0-1
Brian Ryan 20-8 vs. Tony Lopez 58-27

much much better quality this weekend

Tony Lopez seems to fight 2 or 3 times a month. How old is he? 40?

A true G.

<{monica}>

Back