Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Mammoth heavyweight Steve Mowrywill make his Bellator debut at September’s Bellator 205 event.

MMAjunkie today verified with a Bellator official that Mowry (4-0 MMA, 0-0 MMA) will make his promotional debut at Bellator 205 against another debuting fighter in Ben Moa (4-0 MMA, 0-0 BMMA).

Alexander Romanov and Denis Goltsov both picked up submission wins.

Alexander Romanov and Denis Goltsov both picked up submission wins.

Both looked great. Roggers Souza showed his power, but he wasn't doing too well overall. I think Romanov's style is the most fun, the last guy that mixed in wrestling and sumo at a high level was Machida.

Patrick Martin 5-4 vs. Parnell Davis 8-5
Branko Busick 1-1 vs. Matthew Comer 2-2
Kinny Spotwood 3-2 vs. Reggie Cato 5-3
Yuriy Fedorov 1-1 vs. Sergey Goltsov 0-0

savor this week, next week is literally nothing

Looking forward to the Heavyweight fights at PFL

The return of Mo De'Reese against hard nosed vet Leroy Johnson. Also Caio Alencar vs. Mike Kyle who i didn't know was still fighting.

Looking forward to the Heavyweight fights at PFL

The return of Mo De'Reese against hard nosed vet Leroy Johnson. Also Caio Alencar vs. Mike Kyle who i didn't know was still fighting.

Mo has been gone forever. It looks like PFL signed both him and Johnson to full contracts, as they are now on the official roster. I'll probably take Leroy since Mo has been off for so long, and Leroy's wrestling is ultra difficult to get through.

Mo has been gone forever. It looks like PFL signed both him and Johnson to full contracts, as they are now on the official roster. I'll probably take Leroy since Mo has been off for so long, and Leroy's wrestling is ultra difficult to get through.

It's crazy to think that less than 2 years ago Mo was supposed to fight Volkan Oezdemir at a Titan event and the cancellation of that fight ended up getting Oezdemir a UFC contract.

Sergey Goltsov 0-0
This is Denis Goltsov's brother, interesting

4be41b16b59cf9ad9ee9fe81b1df92a1.png

We need to raise money, because this sport needs money.

That way we get the best of the best.
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I can help you with $15.

This has some gems in it. Josh Parisian found some mean tweets people posted about him after his win against Greg Rebello on Contender Series. It's mostly a lot of fat jokes but he has a sense of humor about it. IMO I see Josh and Michel Batista making it to the finale. Josh had some cardio issues early on in his career, but the changes he's made between his Tony Lopez loss last year and now is night and day. He's much leaner than he used to be and I think it will show on the show and at the finale.

Mikhail Pedko 0-0 vs. Ilya Lyamanov 2-3
Mo De'Reese 5-0 vs. Leroy Johnson 8-2
Caio Alencar 11-3 vs. Mike Kyle 23-15-1
Jhun Boniaby 0-0 vs. Michael Stahl 2-1

at least we have tuf....... nextweek bigfoot dies in china......

looking the the cards it's bad when all i find is puetz and virna. (some monster choked out puetz in his 2nd pro fight, LHW but that is terrifying)

(some monster choked out puetz in his 2nd pro fight, LHW but that is terrifying)
Third fight, at least ;)

Ibragimov is now the M1 LHW champion, his Sambo background is very legit, he's only 23 so we can expect big things if he continues focused

f8d15a66999ab4c8ed4c463feeb11147.png

A Gofundme has been started for Leroy Johnson to help his family in their time of need. The injury he sustained looked and sounds awful. I've gotten word that PFL is covering his medical expenses and flew his fiance out there and got her a car and hotel. This gofundme is for his family because it's looking like he'll be out of work for a while.

Last edited:

This is a few weeks late but I saw this happened at a Gladiator Challenge event in August. He's talking about undefeated Heavyweight Everett Cummings against "Heavyweight Bendo" Sean Johnson. Sounds like Johnson got the best of Cummings in this one. I've heard a lot of shady stuff happening at these shows. GC is basically on the same level as Xplode Fight Series when it comes to one sided matchmaking.

This is a few weeks late but I saw this happened at a Gladiator Challenge event in August. He's talking about undefeated Heavyweight Everett Cummings against "Heavyweight Bendo" Sean Johnson. Sounds like Johnson got the best of Cummings in this one. I've heard a lot of shady stuff happening at these shows. GC is basically on the same level as Xplode Fight Series when it comes to one sided matchmaking.

I don't take Cummings seriously as even a mid level MMA fighter, so I'm not surprised. Also not surprised at Gladiator Challenge being sketchy, they operate outside the CSAC by going to areas like Indian reserves for a reason, and anyone who fights there is risking their health and their record.

Gladiator Challenge has probably the worst reputation in USA

Back