Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Three

Really excited for this one. Hopefully Godbeer stays healthy.
Should be a good one! I'm actually considering going to the event. Its only a train ride for me, would be my first MMA event too.
I'll be unsigned heavyweights thread 3's chief scout for the evening if I hit it up. :D

Tom Aspinall out of the Arjan Bhullar fight dont know why.

Bhullar now fights Marcelo Golm (2-0)

What event is that on?

And yeah, Zwicker has that warriors heart where he will rush in and trade with anyone, but with Erokhin it's going to be a short night for him.
Kunlun Fight 44

1uU_5NXHbdM.jpg

Found this posted on Tapology.

Tom Aspinall out of the Arjan Bhullar fight dont know why.

Bhullar now fights Marcelo Golm (2-0)

That's a decent fight still, Golm is one of the rare heavyweights from Brazil I'm keeping an eye on. He was suppose to fight Aliakbari awhile back but that didn't happen.

Was surfing through some 205ers that have been inactive for a while, and Texas native Justin Ledet returned to MMA for the first time since 2012, last month as a heavyweight! He's now 6-0 in MMA (all finishes), but he went 4-0 in boxing during his absence. I'm curious if the move to heavy will be permanent or not though.

Was surfing through some 205ers that have been inactive for a while, and Texas native Justin Ledet returned to MMA for the first time since 2012, last month as a heavyweight! He's now 6-0 in MMA (all finishes), but he went 4-0 in boxing during his absence. I'm curious if the move to heavy will be permanent or not though.

Well I'll be damned. Good catch! He beat Jon Hill too, that's actually a solid win. Hill is a fairly good regional guy.

I think he'll end up back at 205, he had fights at MW before too I believe, he looked like a small LHW when he fought.

Edit:

Looks like Hill was taking it to him and got caught in a submission. He looked really flabby, definitely back to 205. But still, after 3.5 years off that was a good win for him.

Well I'll be damned. Good catch! He beat Jon Hill too, that's actually a solid win. Hill is a fairly good regional guy.

I think he'll end up back at 205, he had fights at MW before too I believe, he looked like a small LHW when he fought.

Edit:

Looks like Hill was taking it to him and got caught in a submission. He looked really flabby, definitely back to 205. But still, after 3.5 years off that was a good win for him.

Apparently he was 246 in this fight, so losing 40 pounds should do him a lot of good.

Not much action this weekend....

Josh Copeland (11-3) vs. Mike Hayes (19-10) - WSOF
Chaz Morgan (10-1) vs. Juliano Coutinho (6-2) - CES 33
Greg Rebello (19-6) vs. Keith Bell (7-7) - CES 33
Florian Navarro (5-0) vs. David Elizeon (0-0) - Hard Fighting
Abdulrahman Alenezi (4-2) vs. Amin Nacheb Amin Nacheb (2-1) - Desert Force

Last edited:

Copeland/Hayes is this weekend isn't it? I guess because it's WSOF maybe it doesn't qualify but that's a really good fight. Hayes is tough and if Copeland can't beat him he's probably done at the higher level. Losing to Rosholt, Magomedov, and Minakov isn't too bad but he needs this win to get back on track. He already beat Linderman so he should take Hayes.

I have a morbid curiosity in Morgan vs Coutinho. It's going to be sloppy, but I can't not watch it.

Curtis Blaydes says he got a fight and hopefully announce tomorrow.

Amir Aliakbari injured and withdraw from tomorrow's REAL card.
Now Aliakbari vs Colombo is rebooked for next REAL card ( June 12).

Amir Aliakbari injured and withdraw from tomorrow's REAL card.
Now Aliakbari vs Colombo is rebooked for next REAL card ( June 12).

I think that's a better result anyways, I'd rather see Aliakbari fight a legitimate opponent. Colombo in June then likely Luis Santos in the finals. Then hopefully the UFC if he passes those tests.

I believe Colombo is the one that got injured, according to Amir's FB page. He's in Iran now training with the Olympic boxing team, some clips are up on his instagram so I doubt he's injured.

I believe Colombo is the one that got injured, according to Amir's FB page. He's in Iran now training with the Olympic boxing team, some clips are up on his instagram so I doubt he's injured.

I really want this Real FC tournament to wrap up, I want to see him in the UFC this year.

A question to everyone: I'm preparing Thread Four since this one has hit the reply limit, I was thinking of adding a new field to the profiles called "Next fight". I will update it regularly with the next fight that fighter has scheduled. What's your thoughts?

Last edited:
Great workman like performance from Copeland last night.... If he stays away from the Minakovs, Ivanovs, and Volkovs he'll probably be able to rack up an impressive streak...

That said I really do like the idea of a Copeland/Ivanov scrap..... Rama or Mehmen next for Copeland? Winner gets another crack at Ivanov?

A question to everyone: I'm preparing Thread Four since this one has hit the reply limit, I was thinking of adding a new field to the profiles called "Next fight". I will update it regularly with the next fight that fighter has scheduled. What's your thoughts?

I think it's a good idea but TBH that will take you a lot of time just editing, believe me, I did something similar for a local forum
I usually go to the last page of this thread and check the news you and the others members has posted, I'm used to do it and I don't mind keep it that way

Back