Unstoppable

I always seemed to have better luck teaching people to keep their lats/back tight with extra pulls.

I always seemed to have better luck teaching people to keep their lats/back tight with extra pulls.

as in more snatch pulls of one sort or another?

Today:
Power Snatch
40 x2
52.5 M (looking at the ground like a dumbshit)
57.5 M x 2

Power Clean
80 (94%)
82.5 M x 2
70 x2 x 5

Ass Chins
3 sets of 6

BB Rows

Notes

No direct coaching today, got in late.

Snatches felt the best ever technique and stability wise. Technique work with mark and new start is money.

first 57.5 miss i caught the bar behind my head on my traps in a high bar squat position. LOL

cleans felt great, easiest 80kg power clean ever.

did some accessory work for lats and bailed, had to get home. Would have squatted but I spent 15 minutes chatting with Joe the bodybuilder.

Don't take this the wrong way but your log pisses me off constantly. I know you can do so much more.

Don't take this the wrong way but your log pisses me off constantly. I know you can do so much more.

It pisses me off to, i snatched 75 at one point with piss poor form, all former snatch PRs were done with so so form. Mark and I are ironing out my form and snatches are going much better. Same with cleans I cleaned 97 at one point. I had a shitty 3 weeks at one point that screwed me up a bit.

Mark and I are working through it. He is not structuring my program other than to tell me when to move from snatches to cleans and when cleans are done (20% of the time here, I don't get in at the same time as him.

Do you mean more in terms of more work? or more weight? I don't take it the wrong way at all.

first 57.5 miss i caught the bar behind my head on my traps in a high bar squat position. LOL

If you had this on video, and then still squatted up with the weight on your traps it would go viral I think almost instantly.

All joking aside, keep up the good work. You're lifts will keep increasing as your technique gets better.

Doesn't sound fun.

Talking to Joe the bodybuilder does though!

he is a pretty cool guy he watches fights and usually asks me who to bet on or who is going to win.

If you had this on video, and then still squatted up with the weight on your traps it would go viral I think almost instantly.

All joking aside, keep up the good work. You're lifts will keep increasing as your technique gets better.

Lol I am suprised several of my retarded videos have not. I expect my no hands squat with bar unload to end up on TOSH. Thanks.

It pisses me off to, i snatched 75 at one point with piss poor form, all former snatch PRs were done with so so form. Mark and I are ironing out my form and snatches are going much better. Same with cleans I cleaned 97 at one point. I had a shitty 3 weeks at one point that screwed me up a bit.

Mark and I are working through it. He is not structuring my program other than to tell me when to move from snatches to cleans and when cleans are done (20% of the time here, I don't get in at the same time as him.

Do you mean more in terms of more work? or more weight? I don't take it the wrong way at all.

Take your time, man. As you know, with improvements in technique will come improvements in weight.

And yes, more tightness obtained with snatch pulls.

Take your time, man. As you know, with improvements in technique will come improvements in weight.

And yes, more tightness obtained with snatch pulls.

I know I know. Thanks I have in the past done significantly more snatches than clean and jerks, but have not here recently. I will look to add more snatch pulls in.

I know I know. Thanks I have in the past done significantly more snatches than clean and jerks, but have not here recently. I will look to add more snatch pulls in.

Good. Will be interesting to see the effect.

snatch
40 x 2
57.5 M
57.5 x 1 x2
57.5 M
57.5 x 1 x 3 or 4

Clean and Jerk
65 x 1 x 2
75 JM
70 x1 x3

Squats
70 x2
90 x2
110 x3
90 x3

Notes

technique was a big focus today. snatch technique was very solid overall. Bar stayed close, good drive. Need to focus on moving feet and not stomping.

Cleans sucked. Straight leg cleaning. Mark is going to have me do block work on monday to figure out how not to clean with straightened legs.

Did not squat a lot due to time constraints, Technique was a focus here as well. after 110 mark had me go back to 90 and focus on doing right.

snatch
40 x2
62.5 M

Power clean from blocks below knee
40 x3 x 18

Squats
70 x3
90 x3 x5

Notes

snatches went pretty well, miss on 62.5 due to technique being way off. Overall pleased with them. Once I increase speed off the floor I will be capable of plenty more.

Mark had me do cleans off blocks with a light weight focusing on tight back (erectors and lats previously i did not tighten lats) also focusing on not straight legging my cleans. Some sets were good some were not. Working on it.

Squats are starting light focusing on tight lats (never used lats before) and staying upright.

Going to be ridiculous sore tomorrow. Also going to eat 64-80 pieces of sushi. Yum.

Supposed to be filmed on wednesday for something, not sure what for though yet.

Also 2010 crossfit champion graham holberg (sp?) trained with us today working on cleans.

Never really heard of a cue for tight lats. Did you find it helped any, or was the weight still too light to give an accurate interpretation?

Never really heard of a cue for tight lats. Did you find it helped any, or was the weight still too light to give an accurate interpretation?

It helps, i feel really tight and strong and I stay upright easier.

I suppose legio, I just know I was not doing it before today.

Lol @ arlecchino

snatch
62.5 M FFuuuuu
50 x2 x3
55 x1 x3
55 M
55 x1 x 2
55 M

Back squat
50 x3
90 x3
110 x1 x3

Face Pulls
4 or 5 sets of 12

Lat Pull overs
4 or 5 sets of 10

Rotator cuff stuff

Notes

Shoulder has been being really pissy, added in face pulls and rotator stuff.

Supposed to clean from blocks, they were in use. Skipped cleans exhausted anyway and still sore in lasts/upper back.

Snatches felt pretty good, lopped the bar around knees on the two misses, probably did the same on 62.5.

Had a mini revelation during 55s, I can now feel when I am looping the bar around my knees.

Need to move faster off the floor and I will be snatching in the high 60s again easy. Focused on slow first pull during snatch grip deads and took the slow first pull over into snatches with me. Fail.

Squats were tough, again felt run down, tired.

No direct coaching from mark, got to gym to late. I will miss saturday which sucks as it is the day I get the most coaching.

Ate 63 pieces of sushi last night. Yum.

Good to see that you had a revelation. Bigger numbers will fall shortly.

Back