Unstoppable

It's amazing to think that two little motions (snatch and clean & jerk) can be so technical. I can only imagine how good my technique in BJJ would be if I approached it witha minset similar to an oly lifter.

Nice work. Expect to see me posting/lifting more often.

It's amazing to think that two little motions (snatch and clean & jerk) can be so technical. I can only imagine how good my technique in BJJ would be if I approached it witha minset similar to an oly lifter.

Nice work. Expect to see me posting/lifting more often.

It is amazing what small things can do to change such a big movement. Not really nice work though.

Power snatch
40 x2
45 x2 x2
50 x1 x 12

Power Clean from Blocks below the knee
50 x 2 x 11
55 x1 x 7

Back Squats
60 x 3
90 x 2
92.5 x 3 x3

DB Incline Bench
5 sets

BTN snatch Grip Press
3 sets

Face pulls
4 sets

Notes

12 reps, 2 were passable. Could not keep the bar tight, at the knee before shift in it was 2 inches or so away from me on almost all reps. In the beginning I thought i was tightening my Lats but was "taking the bar into my hands" (marks words)

I get my lats tight but not tight enough I guess. Maybe they are just weak, well they are weak regardless but maybe it is my issue.

Cleans from blocks were good, much better than last week. Bar really popping, still need to shift in sooner. NOt straight legging these though thankfully.

Shoulders hate everything but snatches WTF.

Face pulls to try and correct lack of rear delt strength (and hoping it fixes my shitty shoulder).

Felt really really worn down. When 110 was slow I realized it was not my day. At all.

Mark said i am making progress on the snatch. I don't feel that way though. I said half baby steps, mark said I am still crawling.

My lats are a wreck right now, as is my low back and upper back.

Two days of rest will help recovery I hope.

Are you guys sending anyone to Juniors?

No. There are no junior lifters on our team.

Bob- former 105 (5th at nationals in 2010 I think 136/170 best total) now a 94.

Drew 85 (132/158) 22 years old. Will be a bad ass if he continues working hard and stays injury free.

Holley mangold- The soon to be number one SHW female

Heather- 21-23 year old SHW soon to be top5. clean and jerked 110 in training the other day with 3 months of real training. Used to throw for kentucky (track and field)

a few other randoms some have competed, some have not. The above is the core group that is in 3 -4 days a week.

When did you start the Oly lifts Modena?

Where in Columbus are you? I used to live in worthington and grew up about 45 minutes north of Columbus

When did you start the Oly lifts Modena?

Where in Columbus are you? I used to live in worthington and grew up about 45 minutes north of Columbus

January of Last year. Fail.

I am on the edge of columbus and westerville, not far from worthington at all.

January of Last year. Fail.

I am on the edge of columbus and westerville, not far from worthington at all.

Yeah I checked out your OP and it had PL goals in there so I was just curious when you started, no fail, at least it's proper lifting

I used to work at 161 and Westerville road, anywhere around there?

Yeah I checked out your OP and it had PL goals in there so I was just curious when you started, no fail, at least it's proper lifting

I used to work at 161 and Westerville road, anywhere around there?

Lol i lived off of karl a few blocks from 161 and now live off 161. I used to work at the goodyear in westerville square near the corner of schrock road and route 3.

I train at the YMCA on sandalwood just off of Karl between morse and 161.

Lol i lived off of karl a few blocks from 161 and now live off 161. I used to work at the goodyear in westerville square near the corner of schrock road and route 3.

Haha nice, worked at two men and a truck right there, lived off Lazelle road for two years, good stuff

I didn't know there was a good Oly gym in Columbus

The gym is just the home of Columbus weightlifting, its a decent gym, 3.5 platforms, bumpers. elieko and york Olympic bars, 2 squat stands, 1 squat rack. Thats in a smaller corner of the "free weight area" the rest of that area is benches, smith machine, dumbless etc.

The gym is just the home of Columbus weightlifting, its a decent gym, 3.5 platforms, bumpers. elieko and york Olympic bars, 2 squat stands, 1 squat rack. Thats in a smaller corner of the "free weight area" the rest of that area is benches, smith machine, dumbless etc.

Sounds like everything you would need.

My teammate Holley went 110/140 this weekend. She is tied for number two in the wOmens rankings and has a great chance at going to the Olympics. I think she will improve by the Arnold and earn a spot on the team.

Power Snatch
40 x2 x2
45 x2 x2
50 x1 x2
55 x1 x4

Clean From Block below knee
85 M
70 x2 x7

Back Squat
70 x2
90 x2
105 x2 x4
90 x3

Notes

Mark saw the first rep at 50 and then had to leave.He was fairly pleased with it. Still lots more work to do, need to really shrug up and pull hard.

Last 55 power was a pressout so I stopped there.

Cleans felt good, 85 miss was a technical error, I am capable of more. I am quad humping the bar up.

Need to work on keeping my back tight throughout the whole pull, I start tight, let it loose then re tighten on catch.

My quads are sore from bar contact, need to focus on a touch not a bang. Also pulling to early.

keep grinding, keep making improvements.

How'd you like the cleans from blocks? I don't recall you logging them in the past. I personally find them pretty tough!

How'd you like the cleans from blocks? I don't recall you logging them in the past. I personally find them pretty tough!

this is my third time with them, they are a definite challenge. I am wicked sore throughout my whole upper back and lats due to them.

this is my third time with them, they are a definite challenge. I am wicked sore throughout my whole upper back and lats due to them.

Yeah, whole different world when you do not have the momentum from your 1st pull on your side.

Yeah, whole different world when you do not have the momentum from your 1st pull on your side.

It sure is. Going to knock 91kg out soon, then a 100kg clean. I may snatch of blocks tomorrow though I have been given no specific instructions to do so from mark. Tomorrow will be a quick session as i go in just late enough to knock out a session.

Oh and my teammate Drew got selected to go train at the OTC in Colorado springs in early February.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back