Up the Irons

Just got back from my shit break. It looks like I can go to 3-4 of these. I'll probably do 2

Looks like I'll be in LA in September next year for this show. Pretty crazy that Jericho's band Fozzy is going to open for them, that's a pretty huge gig for him. I am personally not a fan of Fozzy but I'll sit through them to get to Maiden.

fuck yeah i love iron maiden, i've been to 4 concerts of them, Bruce Dickinson always brings it, the one i will always remember is the one where Judas Priest was opening for Maiden, it was epic as fuck, gotta admit the set list is good but not what i would like so im gonna weigh in on this shit with righteousness and the gods of the north on my side and propose what songs are missing and which ones shouldnt be in there

1. Aces High - YES
2. Where Eagles Dare - nope, what is this a funeral? NO
3. 2 Minutes To Midnight - YES
4. The Clansman - YES, this is epic as fuck
5. The Trooper - OH YEAH
6. Revelations - its good but this is a party, lets fucking party
7. For The Greater Good Of God - nope, didnt feel this one
8. The Wicker Man - AWESOME
9. Sign Of The Cross - its great but nope
10. Flight Of Icarus - no
11. Fear Of The Dark - FUCK YEAH
12. The Number Of The Beast - LET IT RAGE, ITS EPIC
13. Iron Maiden - YEP, CLASSIC

Encore:

14. The Evil That Men Do - NOT NOW, not good enough
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name - OF COURSE
16. Run To The Hills - YEP, CLASSIC

JAEGER'S LIST OF WHATS GOOD AND MISSING

- Out of The Silent Planet
-Blood Brothers
-These Colors Dont Run
-Die With your Boots On
-Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Last edited:
fuck yeah i love iron maiden, i've been to 4 concerts of them, Bruce Dickinson always brings it, the one i will always remember is the one where Judas Priest was opening for Maiden, it was epic as fuck, gotta admit the set list is good but not what i would like so im gonna weigh in on this shit with righteousness and the gods of the north on my side and propose what songs are missing and which ones shouldnt be in there

1. Aces High - YES
5. The Trooper - OH YEAH

Encore:

-Blood Brothers
-These Colors Dont Run
-Die With your Boots On

I would pay a lot of money to see Alexander the great and to tame a land.

Looks like I'll be in LA in September next year for this show. Pretty crazy that Jericho's band Fozzy is going to open for them, that's a pretty huge gig for him. I am personally not a fan of Fozzy but I'll sit through them to get to Maiden.
They are super fun to see in LA. I am debating wether I go to the LA show or the Portland show. They haven't played Portland since the 80s I think.

1. Aces High - YES
5. The Trooper - OH YEAH

Encore:

-Blood Brothers
-These Colors Dont Run
-Die With your Boots On

If I could add songs to the playlist I would love for them to play Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Can I Play With Madness, and Caught Somewhere in Time. Caught Somewhere must be insane live. I want to see Nicko go berserker on his 27 piece kit.

1. Aces High - YES
5. The Trooper - OH YEAH

Encore:

-Blood Brothers
-These Colors Dont Run
-Die With your Boots On

You don't like "Where Eagles Dare" or "The Evil that Men do"? Agree with 6, 7, 9, and 10. Powerslave should be there. Die with Your Boots On" is a classic, IMO, that wasn't there on the last tour

For this tour since they aren't promoting a new album, It seems like they would do a lot of songs they don't normally do live. I would like to hear some of the songs others have mentioned played live and on the live CD that they usually make after the tour.

First show I ever paid my own money to see. World Slavery Tour, November, ‘84.
Maple Leaf Gardens, Twisted Sister opened.
I also saw the Seventh Son tour, Great White opened.

Met Steve Harris a couple of weeks ago when his solo act came to town.

Last edited:
its down to me to mention they should have played phantom of the opera. hand in your heavy metal membership cards and hang your heads in shame.

First time I saw maiden was Number of the Beast, opening for Priest Screaming for Veangence...Also went to Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Seventh Son, and Somewhere in Time...Then I saw them again in 2003 with Dio and Motorhead...I think Powerslave was the best concert out of them all...

I have realized though, that anytime I jam Maiden anymore it is Paul Di'anno stuff. I rarely listen to anything after him...I like the sound of Maiden pre Dickinson...

Still have not seen them live, they've been on my bucket list for the last 5 years...

I will not miss this time...
Do I go to the Oakland, Vegas or LA show?

I went to the Book of Souls tour in July 2017 so I definitely want to go to this one if they are doing that set list. Good mix of old and somewhat new. They are amazing live. Bruce has the energy of a 25 year old, he's a madman.

Looks like Sept. 19th is the date when they'll make it back here.

Still have not seen them live, they've been on my bucket list for the last 5 years...

I will not miss this time...
Do I go to the Oakland, Vegas or LA show?
Never seen them in Oakland or Vegas but Maiden at the Forum in LA was my favorite live experience from them. The crowd at that show was having a blast.

Never seen them in Oakland or Vegas but Maiden at the Forum in LA was my favorite live experience from them. The crowd at that show was having a blast.

Either a night in Vegas if I can find another couple to go with so my wife has a chick friend to do whatever...or me and my daughter in LA

I’m only posting because I finally gave myself an avatar for the first time after having an account for years

Back