All Things XFL: A new promotional video says XFL will relaunch in 2022

When the XFL launches in February, in which of the following will you partake?

• Watching games on television

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • Attending live games

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Buying merchandise

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Asking local sports bars to show games

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters
Whatever they call the team in Houston, I think it would be cool if they used the same uniform colors as the Oilers.
That's a good question, I don't know what their called. I know fans here in Houston are excited about the xfl team.

That's a good question, I don't know what their called. I know fans here in Houston are excited about the xfl team.
They have not decided the team names yet. They have only announced the team locations at this point. I was just saying whatever it happens to end up being, the powder blue uniforms might tap into the fan base there.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/25946033/bob-stoops-returns-coaching-dallas-relaunched-xfl

Have to think that Vince (who I believe pays for everything XFL himself) threw him a sizable salary to come out of retirement to coach his Dallas franchise. I'm from the OKC area, Stoops is still in the news here from time to time and seems to have been enjoying retirement, so I'd guess that if he decided to go back to coaching it will be worth his while.

What other coaches do we guess may become a part of the new, more serious and straight forward XFL?

Side note, there seems to be at least three new football leagues starting play within the next two years. Not sure that if I were wanting to compete with any established professional sports league that it would he the NFL, although their popularity is probably at its lowest in many years. Maybe these new leagues feel like this is the time to strike? What say you?

Alliance football league (which starts Saturday on CBS) surprisingly has 3 big name coaches

Two hall of fame college coaches (Steve Spurrier, Dennis Erickson) and a Hall of fame NFL player (Mike Singletary).

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/25946033/bob-stoops-returns-coaching-dallas-relaunched-xfl

Have to think that Vince (who I believe pays for everything XFL himself) threw him a sizable salary to come out of retirement to coach his Dallas franchise. I'm from the OKC area, Stoops is still in the news here from time to time and seems to have been enjoying retirement, so I'd guess that if he decided to go back to coaching it will be worth his while.

What other coaches do we guess may become a part of the new, more serious and straight forward XFL?

Side note, there seems to be at least three new football leagues starting play within the next two years. Not sure that if I were wanting to compete with any established professional sports league that it would he the NFL, although their popularity is probably at its lowest in many years. Maybe these new leagues feel like this is the time to strike? What say you?

The Washington, DC head coach has also been leaked...

https://xfl2k.com/news/breaking-pep...8RZG9bldZB0p6h7iMnsg45ChhisbWE2vDlAa0AvbZmBIs

Last edited:
Alliance football league (which starts Saturday on CBS) surprisingly has 3 big name coaches

Two hall of fame college coaches (Steve Spurrier, Dennis Erickson) and a Hall of fame NFL player (Mike Singletary).

The AAF is spending a lot of money in several mid-sized markets that don't generate a whole lot of money. It will be a money pit that fails. The UFL also paid big money to recognizable NFL coach names, and they didn't get a return on that investment.

I didn't realize that they were starting so soon. I guess it is smart of them to start the week after the Super Bowl, to fill that void.

Do we know if there are any name players in this league at all?

Man, it's a shame these guys are about to burn so much dough, give it to starving kids or something.

Man, it's a shame these guys are about to burn so much dough, give it to starving kids or something.
Feeding poor people just creates more poor people. Take your garbage to the War Room.

<FookIsThatGuy>

Lol

Maybe that's my fault for not knowing though.
I had never heard of him before either, but he is apparently a well-respected assistant coach at the college level. Based on the XFL's pay scale (half a million for head coaches) it seems like an appropriate selection. They are not going to hook "big name" NFL veteran coaches paying that kind of money. It's going to be more "up and comer" type coaches from the NCAA ranks. I think that's fine because paying millions for "big name" coaches would probably be a waste of money.

or give the kids roids and start recruiting early

I don't see that happening. Maybe on the lower end, but Vince isn't going to pay the best rookies what the NFL will.
No, but they will be able to get some mid-level guys with recognizable names. Also, keep in mind that the XFL has stated they are not following the NFL's guidelines of requiring 3 years of NCAA experience to be eligible for the draft, so it is an added incentive for some sophomores looking to make the jump a year earlier.

No, but they will be able to get some mid-level guys with recognizable names. Also, keep in mind that the XFL has stated they are not following the NFL's guidelines of requiring 3 years of NCAA experience to be eligible for the draft, so it is an added incentive for some sophomores looking to make the jump a year earlier.
Hmm. Didn't know that last part. That should make things interesting.

He didn’t lose enough money the last time? Some people never learn...

Do you think President Trump or on of his kids will become an owner of an XFL team?

Back