All Things XFL: A new promotional video says XFL will relaunch in 2022

When the XFL launches in February, in which of the following will you partake?

• Watching games on television

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • Attending live games

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Buying merchandise

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Asking local sports bars to show games

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters
They can try but SoCal fans are fickle and fair weather as hell, it’d take a miracle. Maybe some of the other cities they have a better chance. Spring seems like a good time, but in reality, it puts them up against the end of the nba season/playoffs, ncaa March madness and the beginning of the baseball season... pretty stiff competition in the sports world.

You never know but seems like a serious loser.
Well, history has shown that spring football is a loser repeatedly. You're not wrong. I do remember March Madness destroying the original XFL in the ratings. There arn't many pathways to success for spring football (if any at all). I think the XFL made the better decision not following the AAF's model though.

Lol this is so going to fail

Dallas - Cowboys City. XFL won't catch on
Houston - Might be OK there.
LA - Saturated sports market. 10 pro teams plus USC and UCLA already based there. Rams and Chargers are struggling with their fans support
NY - Another saturated sport market. 11 pro teams already based there
St. Louis - Great choice
Seattle - Seahawks City. XFL won't catch on
Tampa Bay - Meh
Washington DC - Decent selection

Why not choose cities that are starved for professional sports teams? San Antonio, Columbus, San Diego, Portland, Orlando. Replace Dallas, LA, NYC, Seattle and Tampa Bay with these 4 and here is what you have:

Houston
San Antonio
St. Louis
Portland
Orlando
Washington DC
Columbus
San Diego

NYC and LA are pretty much necessary to snag a TV deal because they are by far the biggest media markets in the country. They have to lay roots there and hope to build a fan base or the league has not chance at real growth.

San Antonio, Orlando, and San Diego already got teams from another Spring league playing during the same exact time, so the XFL probably didn't want to split the smaller markets.

Portland and Columbus are okay secondary markets, but their revenue potential is really finite. I am surprised they didn't pick one other mid-sized market (I would have probably picked Sacramento).

Damn. Figured Chicago was a given. They were fairly decent the last time around and they're a big market for WWE and vince.

Damn. Figured Chicago was a given. They were fairly decent the last time around and they're a big market for WWE and vince.
Yeah. I would have preferred to see Chicago and Philadelphia (the # 3 and # 4 media markets in the country) instead of Seattle and Tampa.

Yeah no Boston and Philly either.

Tampa selected for an XFL team
2YBM.gif

Its really starting to stick in my craw that they didnt bring football back to the fans that supported them the most last time
Right in my craw!

Its really starting to stick in my craw that they didnt bring football back to the fans that supported them the most last time
Right in my craw!
I guess you mean San Francisco? They did go after Oakland, and Oakland declined them. Not the XFL's fault.

I guess you mean San Francisco? They did go after Oakland, and Oakland declined them. Not the XFL's fault.
Are you their official spokesman?
I dont need your excuses

Ha Ha! What the fuck do you want them to do? Just root for LA or Seattle, dude. lol
How would that fix the problem of not being able to go to football games?
Fuck this league and that Ebersol league and the NFL and the CFL too

Yep those towns definitely can use some more football

<Wenger85> <Wenger85> <Wenger85>

They can potentially support football in the Spring if the XFL can build a brand (something that hasn't been done in a very long time). The mid-sized markets definitely won't be able to support a league.

They can potentially support football in the Spring if the XFL can build a brand (something that hasn't been done in a very long time). The mid-sized markets definitely won't be able to support a league.

Nah, why anyone in those cities want more football in the spring? Dont they want to move onto hockey, BBall, MLS, baseball?

The press conference announcing the 8 team locations:

Last edited:
Back