Update: Heavyweight LeRoy Johnson undergoes emergency surgery after scary KO at PFL 7

Was a brutal KO - best to dude.

They are gonna open up his craneum probably to release pressure on swollen brain

You can see how bad it is here. He's mid-air, diving straight on top of his head, with his full body weight coming down on it.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
2 years out of the Cage and put against a killer. DeReese was operating on another level.

Hope he has a full recovery, neck injuries are very serious.
I’ve never seen or heard of either of them tbh, but I’m pretty sure that big motherfucker just did a standing back flip!!!!!!!!! I’m gonna go out on a limb and say he’s definitely athletic....

I’ve never seen or heard of either of them tbh, but I’m pretty sure that big motherfucker just did a standing back flip!!!!!!!!! I’m gonna go out on a limb and say he’s definitely athletic....
that shit was crazy.

Being good at it doesn't really matter. A lot of those guys have nothing else and that's why they do it. There's tons of guys that are really good at it but see the cost of a fighting career as way too much. A really high percentage of these guys will have a sad life when they're older because of injuries and brain trauma. Depression, substance abuse, dementia and the list goes on.

But at the same time, they're chasing a feeling that they can only get in fighting. Such a great game but it comes with a cost.

So please, don't compare an everyday normal job to fighting for a living.

It is though. I have friends in the military, police force, firefighters, etc you name it. Is fighting more dangerous than that? Nah not really.

Jesus, that's brutal and it doesnt sound good for Leroy. Fingers crossed he pulls through.

It is though. I have friends in the military, police force, firefighters, etc you name it. Is fighting more dangerous than that? Nah not really.
Really different but you're right that it's not necessarily easier. One of my friend is also a police officer and they see things that can fuck your life up on a weekly basis.

I guess I had in mind the average 9-5 job

Really different but you're right that it's not necessarily easier. One of my friend is also a police officer and they see things that can fuck your life up on a weekly basis.

I guess I had in mind the average 9-5 job

Yeah i feel you i was just saying its not that dangerous in the grand scheme of things. I didn't even mention construction or other sports where cte is just as rampant and will likely leave your knees shot as well.

Honestly ive always loved fighting and if i was better at it when i was younger maybe i would have pursued it.

Some people enjoy it, others are good at it, others make a lot of money to do it. I do my job because the benefits are really good. There's a million reasons people do jobs.
I think it was a rhetorical question

Either the knee or the faceplant. It actually doesn't take much, we are pretty fragile.
It was almost certainly the fall. The knee was brutal and he was completely out before he hit the mat, but basically having the mat do the Dan Miller guillotine to him likely did the damage.

Hope he recovers. Apparently he's had feeling in his arms and legs, so that's a good sign.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

I wonder if the injury to the vertebrae is from the way he landed on the canvas....

It think cab driver is one of the twenty most dangerous jobs. Police I don't believe made it.

that shit was crazy.
Especially the view as it happened. You see him faceplant from behind and as soon as that big fella drops right in front of his corner...
The look on his teams face was concerning, let alone that deadly knee

You can see how bad it is here. He's mid-air, diving straight on top of his head, with his full body weight coming down on it.

giphy.gif

Reminds me of Ubereem vs. Teixeira in K1:

cb8hOmk.gif

Back