++UPDATE++ Its done Trump gave speech and signed the paperwork. Jerusalem is Israel's capital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcveteran81

Veteran
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/02/politics/state-department-jerusalem-protest/index.html

The State Department's security arm has been told to plan for potentially violent protests at US embassies and consulates once the Trump administration announces it is moving the embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.

"We were told that this is definitely coming, and we need to be ready for it," one official said.

White House is expected to announce US recognition of Jerusalem as soon as Tuesday

President Donald Trump could announce as early as Tuesday that the US recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital, US officials with direct knowledge of the matter and foreign diplomats have told CNN. Upon making the decision public, Trump is expected to sign a waiver to keep the US embassy in Tel Aviv for another six months, but say his administration will move the diplomatic mission to Jerusalem at some point — a goal long sought by Israel.

The Diplomatic Security Service, which is charged with protecting US posts and personnel overseas, was already bracing for possible protests after Trump retweeted anti-Muslim videos on Wednesday. Officials feared a reprise of the violent protests at US embassies in the Middle East that erupted in September 2012 following the publication of an anti-Muslim video on the internet. Embassies in that region were already on high security alert.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could be a very interesting week incoming here. Likely to destabilize the M.E region if the U.S announces that they will put the Official Embassy in Jerusalem.

I'll post more as news comes.

I'm glad our president is not playing favorites between theocratic powers who yearn to wipe each other out regardless the cost......

What does Trump or the American people or the Israelis for that matter (besides getting stabbed in another intifada) get out of this?

This is terrible if true, and it probably is. Guess it's time to prepare for another century of war.

DPra6jWW0AAYuCg.jpg

What does Trump or the American people or the Israelis for that matter (besides getting stabbed in another intifada) get out of this?
Its geopolitical trolling, but instead of rage quits you're going to see bullets and bombs.

I'm glad our president is not playing favorites between theocratic powers who yearn to wipe each other out regardless the cost......

You are right on some things and nauseatingly wrong on other things.

Yes it was and it's a controversial one, as it would cause a potential political and religious shit storm in the ME.
Which is a politically correct saying, ANOTHER CENTURY OF WAR!

So he's gonna potentially sacrifice some US lives abroad in order to stir up a distraction?

So he's gonna potentially sacrifice some US lives abroad in order to stir up a distraction?
This has long lasting ramifications. If it was just a couple of lives or a distraction it might not be that bad.

It won't be taken that way at all, like not at all. Palestinians are already having emergency meetings with Jordan, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia about this possibility right now as we speak.

I learned not to throw rocks at a wasps nest when I was twelve.

Why stoke this fire ?

I for one am glad Trump is inflaming geopolitical tension in the Middle East in order to placate a particular bronze age ideology and give them hope that the apocalypse is near. America can't really be great again until this happens.

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5051592,00.html

Concerned over Trump's expected announcement of the US' recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital, Jordan and Egypt both warn such a move would only fuel extremism and violence and stifle attempts to renew the Middle East peace process.

Jordanian Foreign Minister Ayman Safadi tweeted that he had spoken to US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson about the dangerous consequences of such a move.

"The results of such a decision will be seen in the form of great anger throughout the Arab and Muslim world, further tension and destruction of efforts to establish peace," he wrote.

Meanwhile, Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shukri stressed to Tillerson the ramifications that such a decision would entail and the negative effects it would have on efforts to renew the peace process.

"The legal status of Jerusalem and its religious and historical status require caution in dealing with this sensitive issue, which has to do with the national identity of the Palestinian people and the status of Jerusalem among the Arab and Muslim peoples," Shukri said, expressing hope that the issue would be handled "with the necessary wisdom," and that the US would not make any rash decisions that could "inflame tensions in the region."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back