Media *UPDATE*Khabib in Nigeria Helping out..

Khabib is a humboe guy, and this is a normal thing for him. He is using his fame for good.. Not to sell crap whiskey.. Good to see someone give a fuk about something else than $

Okay...

U.S. intervention around the globe and the motivations behind it are obviously complex. While I agree that the U.S. should intervene less (which ove stated now a few times) my reasoning is a bit different than yours. For me it's less about the morality and more about the practicality.

You equate our removal of despots (no quotes because many of them simply are, and orgs like human rights watch back this up-they aren't beholden to the U.S. government and yet they don't equate us with regimes around the globe that oppress their people). My issue is that we have a track record now of doing a piss poor job of projecting the fallout. Power vacuums get created and then filled by even worse regimes. Or we help set up "pro US" regimes that turn out not being so "pro US". So...less meddling probably is a net win for us imo. Every country looks out for it's own best interests. So casually dismissing other western nations involvement in geopolitical conflict is a major cop out. If you call out one country you better have the same contempt for all of them. You want to focus on the US because there are more resources for us to dedicate, but if your argument is one of morality that doesn't work. And you know why.

As for the persecution of African Americans in this country, it's an interesting discussion. Incarceration is one aspect yes. You mention police "murdering blacks every day". While I understand that is probably a bit of hyperbole on your part, it's still a pretty big misrepresentation. I totally agree that no unarmed person should be shot by police, but the African American community actually has worse problems. Want to know the #1 killer of African American men ages 18-35 in this country? Any guesses? Its homicide at the hands of other African American men. Many will point to systematic issues that have a ripple effect that leads to these horrible #'s. I don't totally discard that at all, but the focus should more likely be on where the real violence is coming from. Black men are far FAR more likely to be killed by another black citizen than by a cop.

Projecting the fallout? So you're saying that basically it's okay that you're deposing the leaders of sovereign nations... it's just that almost every time you do it the people you put in charge are actually worse than the people you're deposing, or you just put in a U.S. puppet so you can steal natural resources.

Or maybe you just shouldn't be running around invading countries and funding terrorists to depose leaders who won't bend over for you?

This is why I find it hilarious when Americans act outraged about foreign countries "interfering" with their democracy.... especially when that foreign "interference" is mostly just Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Oh, so black people in America aren't a repressed minority. They're just uber violent and a danger to themselves.... because they're black animals I guess. Obviously there's so societal reasons why they're like this. I'm sure if they weren't such a danger to themselves they'd be totally prospering.

Projecting the fallout? So you're saying that basically it's okay that you're deposing the leaders of sovereign nations... it's just that almost every time you do it the people you put in charge are actually worse than the people you're deposing, or you just put in a U.S. puppet so you can steal natural resources.

Or maybe you just shouldn't be running around invading countries and funding terrorists to depose leaders who won't bend over for you?

This is why I find it hilarious when Americans act outraged about foreign countries "interfering" with their democracy.... especially when that foreign "interference" is mostly just Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Oh, so black people in America aren't a repressed minority. They're just uber violent and a danger to themselves.... because they're black animals I guess. Obviously there's so societal reasons why they're like this. I'm sure if they weren't such a danger to themselves they'd be totally prospering.

What bothers me now here is that you don't even seem to be bothering to read what I write.

Me: "Many will point to systemic issues that lead to these horrible #'s. I don't totally discard that at all..."

You: (In a sarcastic tone) "Obviously there's no societal reasons that lead to this..." both preceded and followed by other inflammatory dramatic stuff that add nothing to the discussion. I mean, you literally ignored me SPECIFICALLY acknowledging what you are referencing!

If you have specific solutions from a societal standpoint that would lead to less young black men murdering each other, I'm all ears believe me. If you want to believe that purely disenfranchisement is to blame...okay? Want to believe there is no culture of violence? Fine. Not my place to tell you what and what not to believe. I hope it changes, and maybe different policy is one of the answers. But doesn't personal responsibility factor in at all? Or no...its simply external factors, end of story?

Again, look around the globe and see that it is EVERY developed western nation meddling to varying degrees. The argument of "But...but...America does it more and worse" is horsehit. Most of the time its coalitions with all of our allies involved in some capacity. And its disingenuous bullshit acting like you can roast the US and shrug about the rest simply because we have more resources to allocate to this shit.

Big part of Islam is giving back and paying it forward, which is why it was sad he behaved how he did after Conor, all that money being held by the AC that could be going to help his countrymen and others in need.

It isn't so bad. Half of what he earned is taxed by USA and a portion of that will be aid money to help Israel defend their homeland. So it all works out.

Good lad. He's growing into his role as Champion and ambassador for the sport. Also it's good for his image following his post-fight scuffles...

Lol, when did I say Christianity sucks? You were clearly trying to throw a sarcastic jab at Islam, so I simply made it clear that all faiths have their share of problems. In other words, there are good hearted, charitable people in both Christianity and Islam, just as there are plenty of bad people in it too.

Of course all faiths have their share of problems, adults with imaginary friends rarely amount to any good. That doesn't mean Islam isn't FAR worse than the others.

oh the irony...'Ad hominem' after your own BS rant against Khabib...

Btw, It´s more than 'Ad hominem" ...:

You were probably too young or are now brainwashed, but your own country was [SA´s] Apartheid´s main ally (when the whole planet was boycotting them), hence I dont believe you have the right to judge any foreign country.

Not every criticism of a person is ad hominem. Ad hominem essentially amounts to name calling, which is exactly what you did since you have no real arguments.
Somehow you even got South Africa into the mix. Weak.

Not every criticism of a person is ad hominem. Ad hominem essentially amounts to name calling, which is exactly what you did since you have no real arguments.
Somehow you even got South Africa into the mix. Weak.
Hmmm... Interesting..like you have any 'real' argument...
Oh...poor thing didnt like to be reminded of the Apartheid episode... Truth hurts, right, mate?

You presented no real 'criticism', only a bad taste rant, and as I said, your location exposed you, so please do us a favour:

shhh.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm... Interesting..like you have any 'real' argument...
Oh...poor thing didnt like to be reminded of the Apartheid episode... Truth hurts, right, mate?

You presented no real 'criticism', only a bad taste rant, and as I said, your location exposed you, so please do us a favour:

Ad hominem, silencing opposition, and violence - only tools in the arsenal of Muslims and Muslim apologists.
The picture you posted sums it up perfectly.

Ad hominem, silencing opposition, and violence - only tools in the arsenal of Muslims and Muslim apologists.

Let me guess Jew apologist recruited on college campus who then justifies murdering women and children in the name of protecting stole land.

"Ad hominem, silencing opposition, and violence"... like your country is a peaceful one...From Ben Gourion the terrorist to the current PM POS... Your country was Apartheid´s main ally, when the whole world was boycotting South Africa (a country full of Nazi apologists, but hey... Your country would have been Hitler´s main ally too if he were still alive...)

Go learn about your history, ya goof.

Are you serious? There is internal religious conflict between christians and muslims in Nigeria. Nigeria is african country with biggest potential, manpower, resources, land. Sadly population is divided between christians and muslims.
Most famous last conflict involved Boko Haram, islamists.
Right now there is conflict between farmers, mostly christians and herders mostly muslims;
Herders left their lands because desert took over their lands and wants piece of farmer's land but not asking for it civilized way.
Herders now terrorize farmers: 1000 killed this year , raiding pillaging, murdering.
Is Khabib helping one group at the expense of the other? Is he only helping the Moslem herders or both them and the Christian farmers?

Thanks for the context, btw. I knew that, like most places with an Islamic presence in Africa, there was tension between the Muslim populations and the less powerful non-muslims. But didn't know more than that.

Is Khabib helping one group at the expense of the other? Is he only helping the Moslem herders or both them and the Christian farmers?

Thanks for the context, btw. I knew that, like most places with an Islamic presence in Africa, there was tension between the Muslim populations and the less powerful non-muslims. But didn't know more than that.
Seriosuly I can't say, but fact is there was always tension between muslims and christians in Nigeria, sometimes maybe it's more about economy and ethnicity, but religion is also part of it. Also I don't think Khabib is helping one group at the expense of the other, just I guess people think "oh poor african people", but they are muslims in country where there is conflict and many people were killed because of religion and majority of them weren't exactly muslims.

I did not expect this of Khabib.
After that post of him laughing at a beggar doing press ups for him and his chum, I really began to dislike him.
Either he is doing this as a calculated measure or he really is a good man who wants to help others.
I'll go with the latter for now. No longer a Khabib hater.

Seriosuly I can't say, but fact is there was always tension between muslims and christians in Nigeria, sometimes maybe it's more about economy and ethnicity, but religion is also part of it. Also I don't think Khabib is helping one group at the expense of the other, just I guess people think "oh poor african people", but they are muslims in country where there is conflict and many people were killed because of religion and majority of them weren't exactly muslims.
Def worth knowing more about. The Muslim encroachment into Africa has often been violent and always been unequal........ I'd like to hope Khabib is helping both sides but I am really curious myself.

Back