UPDATE: Rory MacDonald's leg: not broken

Well good. I was impressed by Rory’s heart. But I was rooting for Lima so there was a really frustrating moment in that fight for all Lima fans.

He just landed 3 devestating kicks. Rory hits the ground on the 3rd and is wincing in agony. Lima lands two more quick kicks while Rory is laying on his back with his legs in open guard. Then Lima jumps into his guard!!!

Whatttttt????!!! Why? He can barely put weight on that leg which is still pulsating from 5 kicks. MAKE HIM STAND!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Well good. I was impressed by Rory’s heart. But I was rooting for Lima so there was a really frustrating moment in that fight for all Lima fans.

He just landed 3 devestating kicks. Rory hits the ground on the 3rd and is wincing in agony. Lima lands two more quick kicks while Rory is laying on his back with his legs in open guard. Then Lima jumps into his guard!!!

Whatttttt????!!! Why? He can barely put weight on that leg which is still pulsating from 5 kicks. MAKE HIM STAND!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
huge waste.
Lima threw it away.

huge waste.
Lima threw it away.

wonder when he can return, i know he wanted to fight 3 times this year, hope he can still do that. a summer return in canada would be awesome

wonder when he can return, i know he wanted to fight 3 times this year, hope he can still do that. a summer return in canada would be awesome

I'm sure he will be sideleined at least 6 months since he broke his nose again. Going into this fight he said he wanted to fight 3-4 times this year, but I think he wasn't expecting to take as much damage as he did.

It baffles me how rarely fighters simply step back and have their opponent stand. Especially in situations such as this where it is clear as day that standing is the better path to victory.

A part of me heard the collective sound of thousands of hands slapping their own foreheads when Fedor jumped in Fabricio Werdum's guard.

Same idea. Shockingly bad fight IQ coming from a top of the top, best of the best, one of the most elite fighters on earth.

International Group face-palm.

He probably would have ran out of time anyway or rory just would have pulled guard again.

Back