All Things XFL: A new promotional video says XFL will relaunch in 2022

When the XFL launches in February, in which of the following will you partake?

• Watching games on television

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • Attending live games

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Buying merchandise

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Asking local sports bars to show games

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters
If he is financing this whole thingy by self like he claim, he going to bleed lots of money. I wonder how much he is willing to sacrifice. He wants to start with 8 teams. If he want to put out quality product he will have to pay out.

I actually watched the original version of the XFL. I hope they don't try to go head to head with the NFL. Last time it started after the Super Bowl had been played, I think.

I enjoyed the original XFL as well. I think competing with March Madness was one of the XFL's worst mistakes though and, based on the press conference today, it looks like Vince is going to make that same mistake.

I watched the UFL until they went out of business as well. I thought that was a good league as well.

Yeah, I was a believer in the UFL early on. I knew people who worked for the league, and I was one of the mods at UFLAccess.com. I ditched them though when I saw that they kept taking steps backwards.

I hope they do away with the two guys racing to get possession to start a game. That seemed really dangerous last time the XFL did it.

Yeah, I agree, that was dumb.

It’s a shame the corporate executives picked Memphis over Saint Louis.

Do you mean for the original XFL? Was St. Louis ever a consideration? The Memphis Maniax were actually one of the two XFL teams I rooted for during the season.

I think St. Louis would be a great market for the XFL right now, as would be San Diego.

Last edited:
He's not signing anybody with criminal histories

gl with that one Vince

Be a good time to slip a team into Toronto, hit markets that aren't represented by the NFL.

On a sidenote, Vince creeps me out now. It's insane to think of the amount of work he's had to look like that.

I hope we get catchy and fitting names. No more silly Vegas Golden Knights whom is being challenged by the US Army. NJ Hitmen has already been taken by a junior hockey team.

Norfolk Frigates/Cruisers, St Louis Distillers, Salt Lake Marauders, Milwaukee Cheddar/Pasteurizers, Tucson Drifters, Puerto Rico Iguanas

The NFL covers the US quite well though.

I guess because Linda is busy in DC and can't keep Vince in check anymore, is that how this happened? Because I don't understand.

I enjoyed the original XFL as well. I think competing with March Madness was one of the XFL's worst mistakes though and, based on the press conference today, it looks like Vince is going to make that same mistake.

Yeah, I was a believer in the UFL early on. I knew people who worked for the league, and I was one of the mods at UFLAccess.com. I ditched them though when I saw that they kept taking steps backwards.

Yeah, I agree, that was dumb.

Do you mean for the original XFL? Was St. Louis ever a consideration? The Memphis Maniax were actually one of the two XFL teams I rooted for during the season.

I think St. Louis would be a great market for the XFL right now, as would be San Diego.
I hope we get catchy and fitting names. No more silly Vegas Golden Knights whom is being challenged by the US Army. NJ Hitmen has already been taken by a junior hockey team.

Norfolk Frigates/Cruisers, St Louis Distillers, Salt Lake Marauders, Milwaukee Cheddar/Pasteurizers, Tucson Drifters, Puerto Rico Iguanas

The NFL covers the US quite well though.

Fans would be supportive of a XFL team in St. Louis. It would be cool if St. Louis and San Diego earned expansion teams just as a big F U to the NFL corporate executives and owners.

Fans would be supportive of a XFL team in St. Louis. It would be cool if St. Louis and San Diego earned expansion teams just as a big F U to the NFL corporate executives and owners.
But not Oakland?
A big F U to you

I know this makes me a savage, but I hope the XFL allows the huge hits in the secondary, like we're talking Ronnie Lott just blasting people.

Football has become too safe.

I would be down with a pro rugby league. I get tired of how little improvising there is during play. The QB is your main driver but there are a lot of positions that are nothing much but do your job. Basketball is superior in this regard just because really talented and smart players are given a chance to improvise. As is football treats players as morons on the field that are not smart enough to make on the fly decisions.

I know this makes me a savage, but I hope the XFL allows the huge hits in the secondary, like we're talking Ronnie Lott just blasting people.

Football has become too safe.

It won't happen (and that is for the best). Vince was talking in the press conference about consulting with physicians to make the game "as safe as possible."

i thought maybe he was going to set up his own mma organisation. really that's what he should do. forget football. MMA is in a position where there's a gap for a legit UFC rival. Combine MMA with Vince's ability to build stars and produce exciting PPVs and he would be in a position to seriously challenge UFC. Plus a lot of fighters would rather work for Vince instead of Scott Coker. If he took some of the flair and presentation from wwe and mixed it with MMA he could do so much damage

i thought maybe he was going to set up his own mma organisation. really that's what he should do. forget football. MMA is in a position where there's a gap for a legit UFC rival. Combine MMA with Vince's ability to build stars and produce exciting PPVs and he would be in a position to seriously challenge UFC. Plus a lot of fighters would rather work for Vince instead of Scott Coker. If he took some of the flair and presentation from wwe and mixed it with MMA he could do so much damage

Bellator and the UFC together have too many fighters signed to contracts. It would be an uphill battle trying to find decent fighters.

Back