All Things XFL: A new promotional video says XFL will relaunch in 2022

When the XFL launches in February, in which of the following will you partake?

• Watching games on television

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • Attending live games

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Buying merchandise

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Asking local sports bars to show games

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters
But not Oakland?
A big F U to you

My XFL expansion idea:

East
Birmingham
Memphis
Chicago
New York/New Jersey
Orlando

Norfolk
St. Louis

West
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Oakland/San Francisco

Houston
Salt Lake City
Portland
San Diego

Edit

** Memphis moves from west to east to balance the team number

*** Oakland / San Francisco represents one team

Last edited:
My XFL expansion idea:

East
Birmingham
Memphis
Chicago
New York
Orlando

Norfolk
St. Louis

West
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
San Francisco

Houston
Oakland
Portland
San Diego

** Memphis moves from west to east to balance the team number

He is only starting with a total of 8 teams in 2020. I think those should be...

East
New York/New Jersey
Orlando
Memphis
Birmingham

West
Los Angeles
San Diego (formerly Las Vegas)
Oakland (formerly San Francisco)
St. Louis (formerly Chicago)

You cant have a team in SF and Oakland but either option works for me
Last time the SF Demons played in the brand spanking new SF Giants ballpark and drew the highest attendance in the league(35,000 season average) so I'm guessing Vince will definitely wanna bring a team back to this area
You also got the niners stadium in Santa Clara and the brand new soccer stadium in San Jose but I think it would be smarter to keep it in SF or Oakland because its so easy to get to those stadiums on public transit
South Bay is a trip that you gotta plan for, fuck that

XFL will take off if it can appeal to fantasy sports players

He is only starting with a total of 8 teams in 2020. I think those should be...

East
New York/New Jersey
Orlando
Memphis
Birmingham

West
Los Angeles
San Diego (formerly Las Vegas)
Oakland (formerly San Francisco)
St. Louis (formerly Chicago)

I will combine Oakland/San Francisco as one franchise(like NYC/NJ) and add Salt Lake City, Utah.

My idea is a pipedream beyond 2020 given a sudden popularity surge the XFL takes viewership numbers from the NFL. The regular season could be a standard format where every team plays each other once- 14 total games, similar to college football.

Last edited:
I hope we get more halftime promos from the rock and Vince.

I hope we get more halftime promos from the rock and Vince.

The impression I got from the press conference is that Vince is leaving the production up to real football professionals, and he is trying to keep the WWE atmosphere out of it.

dont people remember the xfl sucked or are they lying and didnt even watch?

The XFL play started off slow in large part because they didn't have a pre-season. The play improved as the season went on.

But wasn't the XFL a horrible failure? I watched that 30 for 30, looks like a bunch of gimmicky shite....even if it did pioneer some cool stuff.

It looks like Vince is taking the venture more seriously this time and removing himself from the Commissioner/CEO position. He indicated he will be hiring "experienced professionals" to run the league.

I remember XFL has decent team names. I wonder what the new names will be this time.

If he puts teams in the same cities, I imagine he will keep the same team nicknames. He mentioned in the press conference that they ultimately decided to keep the name of the league the same because of the "equity" of the name "XFL." I imagine he will have the same view of the team names.

Last edited:
The SF Demons had a great logo and so did the LV Outlaws but I wouldnt bring back the Memphis Maniax name and logo though
That was way too 90's energy drink-ish with the X and the whacked out dudes head on that bright color scheme

The SF Demons had a great logo and so did the LV Outlaws but I wouldnt bring back the Memphis Maniax name and logo though
That was way too 90's energy drink-ish with the X and the whacked out dudes head on that bright color scheme

I thought the Memphis Maniax had the best uniforms. The crazy guy logo didn't bother me, but there was a movement in 2001 to change it because it was "insensitive" towards people with mental illnesses. :rolleyes: You're right though, they will probably change it this time around since Vince wants to avoid politics as much as possible.

The XFL play started off slow in large part because they didn't have a pre-season. The play improved as the season went on.

It looks like Vince is taking the venture more seriously this time and removing himself from the Commissioner/CEO position. He indicated he will be hiring "experienced professionals" to run the league.

If he puts teams in the same cities, I imagine he will keep the same team nicknames. He mentioned in the press conference that they ultimately decided to keep the name of the league the same because of the "equity" of the name "XFL." I imagine he will have the same view of the team names.

I dont think he can use the Hitmen moniker in NY/NJ anymore. They have this now

I dont think he can use the Hitmen moniker in NY/NJ anymore. They have this now

Interesting. I did not even know about this team. Yeah, I don't know enough about trademark laws to know if Vince could reclaim the original name and logo. According to trademarks.com, Vince allowed the trademark to expire in 2002 and has not since reclaimed it. Perhaps that is the reason why.

https://www.trademarkia.com/trademarks-search.aspx?tn=new+york/new+jersey+hitmen

EDIT: On a side note, I am not seeing any of the old XFL team logos renewed, so maybe Vince is truly just looking for a clean slate and new league image this time around.

Last edited:
I really hope this works better this time around. Also hope the season starts later and not so soon after the superbowl. That way by the time it starts people are wanting to see football again. Maybe around april or even after the draft, that way undrafted players have more options.

Also think it would be smart to put a team in Texas.

I really hope this works better this time around. Also hope the season starts later and not so soon after the superbowl. That way by the time it starts people are wanting to see football again. Maybe around april or even after the draft, that way undrafted players have more options.

Vince basically confirmed in the press conference that the time frame for the season would be roughly the same as last time, which I agree with you is not a great idea. Competition with March Madness killed the XFL in 2001. I think the best time for another football season would be late Spring/early summer, so that you are not competing with the NFL, March Madness, NBA playoffs, or NHL playoffs.

But they will be playing in the hot humid summers of the northeast, and southeast if they have team there. CFL is in Canada so not a problem.

If Texas was to receive a new expansion team why not target the biggest market in Houston?

@fonzob1 had some creative team name ideas already. I really enjoyed the Marauders (like the Oakland Raiders), Frigates/Cruisers, and Distillers.

Some football team names off the top of my head: Drillers (like the old Houston Oilers), Stampede/Mustangs, Steamers (get it, steam ships?)

If Texas was to receive a new expansion team why not target the biggest market in Houston?

You have to consider competition though. You have a NFL team, a MLB team, a NBA team, and a NHL team in Houston.

San Antonio on the other hand only has a NBA team.

Vince mentioned they are doing some intense market research to find the right locations for 2020 teams. We will see what they come up with.

@fonzob1 had some creative team name ideas already. I really enjoyed the Marauders (like the Oakland Raiders), Frigates/Cruisers, and Distillers.

Some football team names off the top of my head: Drillers (like the old Houston Oilers), Stampede/Mustangs, Steamers (get it, steam ships?)
I'd rather they brought back the Oakland Invaders name from the old USFL
Theres still some nostalgia out here for that team
2020 will be the first year the bitch ass raiders play in vegas so theres gonna be a lotta sad people out here missing football, if they market this right they can have a monster season at the ticket window

I'd rather they brought back the Oakland Invaders name from the old USFL
Theres still some nostalgia out here for that team
2020 will be the first year the bitch ass raiders play in vegas so theres gonna be a lotta sad people out here missing football, if they market this right they can have a monster season at the ticket window

That trademark may not be available. It looks like someone has the name still trademarked, but the trademark on the old logo has expired...

https://www.trademarkia.com/trademarks-search.aspx?tn=oakland+invaders

I agree that Oakland should be a prime market for the XFL.

Back