UPDATED - Houston - Impractical Shooters

Chesten_Hesten

Greatness isn't Stoked by Compliments.
@Gold
Reaction score
Shot with these goons a few times. Pretty fun, low key. Not IDPA not IPSC, run what you brung.....

https://www.facebook.com/impracticalshooters/

19366500_810505002442138_9200891131045053602_n.jpg

New match Happened today. Was fun, included a Drive by Stage.

https://www.facebook.com/impracticalshooters/

Blooper was Range owner, his dog, my gun (XDM 9mm) Retired Houston PD driving. I was filming from the back seat.

We shot it out the window, out through sun roof, even did tag team, 1 in front, 1 in back. 22 shots.

Not a 8 shot 1911 stage, for sure.

Did you snort coke pre-drive by? That's how the professionals do it (I hear).

Did you snort coke pre-drive by? That's how the professionals do it (I hear).

Thought they'd post more vids.

Once we hit the drive-by stage they chucked the rest of the match for re-runs. Everyone wanted another lap another try.

I got the first run from the sun-roof, why I was laughing in that vid I sent ya; that and not being thrown over the hood when he stopped. It was awkward, but fun; one of the more enjoyable matches I've been to. No idea who won the match, no one seemed to care after the Car stage!

Gotta duel wield some Desert Eagles or chrome pistols for the drive by stage...

Gotta duel wield some Desert Eagles or chrome pistols for the drive by stage...

Towards the end they had two shooters, 1 front one backseat, Stage was 22 Shots, no time to reload on the move. Had those guys worked together to cover the reload, they could've been quite effective. It was an eye opening stage, lots to consider and learn with the added dynamic of motorized movement.

The guy in the red shirt driving in the first vid is retired Houston PD, he worked as a negotiator - hostages n what not - guy's full of stories; great analyzer of the stages too. He mentioned to me before the match all the guys he spoke with after live shootouts when questioned never had recollection of sights on the perpetrators per say, only that they indexed out and pulled the trigger. (many times until empty).

The car stage was dynamic and immediate enough to induce some of the same I found. In the game of shooting I can tell you just about everything I did, saw and thought during a stage, but with the maniac we had driving, (he hit 28mph round there a few times) and trying to stand out of that awkward sunroof in the piece of shit Lexus he had, there was a lot of: Point & "pull the fucking trigger!" going on. Ha.

He had those targets at the end so bunched up, I shot'em all them said fuck it and shot'em all again to be sure!

I can certainly see the benefit of a high capacity 9mm, over a single stack 45 for such lunacy.

Last edited:
Bump:

Couple of my runs from a Previous event, this match is good for newer shooters and people never practice anymore, (like me)

Back