Upset of the night - DC gets slept by Volkan?

MostDangerousGame

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Would this be considered an upset by MMA fans?

On paper DC should have his way w/ Oz but after the last Jones fight - his heart may not be in it anymore...

Will Volkan pull off another Dim Mak death touch?

yeah it'd be an upset.

punchers chance, but i think if DC gets his arms around him the fight is over.

also people forget how good DC is on the feet, don't be surprised if DC stands with him for a lil bit and touches him up while making it dirty.

I like DC but def wouldn't mind seeing Volkan KO him. That division is in dire need of a new storyline. Next in line would be The Mauler while we can finally get that DC vs Manuwa fight. If/when Bones comes back, he can fight the winner of Volkan vs The Mauler.

Last edited:
It could happen, especially if DCs chin is gone after the Jones fight. Imagine Volkan being the LHW champion of the world. From Jones to Volkan, that's a pretty steep drop in quality.

Love DC but Volkan is magical and DC's age is getting up there so it wouldn't be that big an upset.

It could happen, especially if DCs chin is gone after the Jones fight. Imagine Volkan being the LHW champion of the world. From Jones to Volkan, that's a pretty steep drop in quality.
Jones is no sorcerer.

2 things i would love to see happen in this fight...

#1 DC suplexs Volkan on his head

and

#2 Volkan knocks DC out cold

The beauty is both of these things can happen in this fight!!

Hope so, but if DC could survive the first round with Rumble twice, he can likely do so with Volkan.

Yeah, he's definitely got a puncher's chance, but the dude barely beat OSP a year ago and gassed out in a three round fight. I question his chances after the first.

Love DC but Volkan is magical and DC's age is getting up there so it wouldn't be that big an upset.
Agree.

DC has a heart of a true champ, marketable & genuinely good guy. But that interview after his loss to Jones, showed an incoming downfall. Hope he pulls out the W but I won't be surprised at a loss tho.

it's not a upset

Cormier is still thinking about his last fight.

New LHW champion. And no, it's not an upset.

DC wins this fight 99 times out of 100.

I highly doubt tonight will be that 100th time.

DC is the lhw goat.
Gonna take more than a relative newcomer

Damn, the only dude who's beat DC is Jones, and y'all talking about vulkan like DC's some gatekeeper

DC seems off in the build up. Like hes Overcompensating. Or maybe he's really just underestimated Volkan. Either way i see DC getting himself into trouble

I dunno pal.

I think it would be a huge upset.

I haven’t followed much of volkan career, but I think dc is simply on a different level than almost every other lhw.

Maybe volkan is the guy to dethrone him.

Would make things interesting.

Back