US announces returning to the moon as a top priority

0db19438-645b-4248-a95e-4b5523c03b5f.png

What are the chances she said something this stupid? What are the chances this is completely made up? What are the chances she made an off-hand comment about the kinetic weapons we've already developed to be dropped from the atmosphere and some idiot right-wing rag blew it into something else?

Let's do some googling. brb

EDIT: oh shit. She actually tweeted tis and then deleted it. Something actually dumber than what trump tweets. But, yeah, clearly referring to kinetic atmospheric weapons, just without realize she sounded like an idiot.

What are the chances she said something this stupid? What are the chances this is completely made up? What are the chances she made an off-hand comment about the kinetic weapons we've already developed to be dropped from the atmosphere and some idiot right-wing rag blew it into something else?

Let's do some googling. brb

“The moon is probably the most tactically valuable military ground for earth,” the tweet said. “Rocks dropped from there have power of 100s of nuclear bombs.”

After users on social media questioned her scientific literacy, the congressional candidate clarified that the tweet was “talking about dropping [rocks] into our gravity well.”

Ms. Wu blamed criticism of her on sexism: “that’s the danger of being a woman on the internet!” she exclaimed.

you do realize we know how to do this right? they have been working on this for the last couple years.

I know we don't know how to do it. There have been concepts put forward by people who know nothing about mining and processing materials. It takes very large, very heavy equipment to do it and a lot of energy of some type. It will take a lot more than a couple of years to develop a method to do mining, refining and construction on the moon. People have been watching too many science fiction movies.

I know we don't know how to do it. There have been concepts put forward by people who know nothing about mining and processing materials. It takes very large, very heavy equipment to do it and a lot of energy of some type. It will take a lot more than a couple of years to develop a method to do mining, refining and construction on the moon. People have been watching too many science fiction movies.

and people have been developing the devices to do so. its not a matter that we can't its the fact that we are just NOW looking at doing it. we need to get the ball rolling, you make it sound like we are still activating steam locomotives and bi-planes.

And im pretty sure sure if you googled and see we are already developing machines and units to mine on the moon.

The space budget would be better waste of our money then the damn military. in fact the our military would heavily benefits from having a 100b or 120b space budget.

uhuh....no water?

Under very specific conditions and certainly not for mining purposes as you mentioned. "Liquid water cannot persist at the Moon's surface, and water vapor is decomposed by sunlight, with hydrogen quickly lost to outer space."

More on lunar water. It is a good read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_water

From your article:

"The moon remains drier than any desert on Earth, but the water is said to exist on the moon in very small quantities. While scientists continued to suspect that water ice deposits could be found in the coldest spots of south pole craters that never saw sunlight, the consensus became that the rest of the moon was bone dry."

Half the population is dumb enough to believe we never went there to begin with.

More than that right here on Sherdog... Don't forget the 'Flat-Earthers'.

“The moon is probably the most tactically valuable military ground for earth,” the tweet said. “Rocks dropped from there have power of 100s of nuclear bombs.”

After users on social media questioned her scientific literacy, the congressional candidate clarified that the tweet was “talking about dropping [rocks] into our gravity well.”

Ms. Wu blamed criticism of her on sexism: “that’s the danger of being a woman on the internet!” she exclaimed.

Getting a large rock lifted of from the moon would be more difficult and expensive than just dropping bombs.

Under very specific conditions and certainly not for mining purposes as you mentioned. "Liquid water cannot persist at the Moon's surface, and water vapor is decomposed by sunlight, with hydrogen quickly lost to outer space."

More on lunar water. It is a good read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_water

From your article:

"The moon remains drier than any desert on Earth, but the water is said to exist on the moon in very small quantities. While scientists continued to suspect that water ice deposits could be found in the coldest spots of south pole craters that never saw sunlight, the consensus became that the rest of the moon was bone dry."

More than that right here on Sherdog... Don't forget the 'Flat-Earthers'.

wiki?

either way nasa current plan is to mine water and helium 3 off the moon.

http://www.larouchepub.com/pr/2017/171006_moon_villiage.html

https://futurism.com/ice-mined-mars-could-provide-water-humans-exploring-space/
http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...e/news-story/b3ad4e4dae7709b53b5f36e24d84f91e

hey man, if this means more money for space budget im all for this. We keep fucking around with this we will be coming in 2nd place

@Overpressure you will love this:

"LUNAR LAND company is the world's most recognized Celestial Real Estate Agency and has been selling land on the Moon for decades. Lunar Land is one of THE FIRST companies in the world to possess a legal TRADEMARK and COPYRIGHT for the sale of extraterrestrial property within the confines of our solar system."

Link: https://www.lunarland.com/
lunar-banner.png

Now, why didn't I think of that? I think I'll try the idea in Mars...

Hey man, if this means more money for space budget I'm all for this. We keep fucking around with this we will be coming in 2nd place

Bingo! There is your answer. Lunar race like the Space race. This time with the Russians and Chinese.

"LUNAR LAND company is the world's most recognized Celestial Real Estate Agency and has been selling land on the Moon for decades."

I just bought 10 acres for my donkeys. It's cheaper than here on Earth. @GhostZ06 says there is water, so there must be grass to graze on. I just have to figure out a way to get the donkeys up there.

and people have been developing the devices to do so. its not a matter that we can't its the fact that we are just NOW looking at doing it. we need to get the ball rolling, you make it sound like we are still activating steam locomotives and bi-planes.

And im pretty sure sure if you googled and see we are already developing machines and units to mine on the moon.

The space budget would be better waste of our money then the damn military. in fact the our military would heavily benefits from having a 100b or 120b space budget.

A search only yields pie in the sky projections and speculation. People are trying to raise funds for projects that I suspect they pay themselves really well to run. It also finds many with knowledge of space that don't foresee any economically viable mining on the moon.

Naveen Jain, the founder of the failed InfoSpace which made him a billionaire is the only one really claiming to be doing anything saying he'll put a washing machine sized lander on the moon by the end of 2017.

"LUNAR LAND company is the world's most recognized Celestial Real Estate Agency and has been selling land on the Moon for decades."

I just bought 10 acres for my donkeys. It's cheaper than here on Earth. @GhostZ06 says there is water, so there must be grass to graze on. I just have to figure out a way to get the donkeys up there.

this is coming from the guy who thinks the russians could kick the shit out of us and babbled about Chinese aircraft being superior to american, just stop. Honestly you should be for boosting science and R&D since it would really help the economy and stop dreaming of sucking Chinese wang daily. This is one of the few areas that most of this fourms agrees on an all you do is cry, bitch and talk about china and Russia. Ya because Russia is gonna be able to do this...lol

Last edited:
im all for this, but id bet its just lipservice.

cutting taxes drastically
trillion dollar infrastructure spending
trillion dollar border wall

where is all this money coming from in the end, or is it just bs promises?

personally what should be done is move 20B from defense into science and R&D. But since shithead trump and retarded congress have wet dreams of the cold war, probably wont happen.

You are right, im not gonna put a lot of faith in a congress that cant even fix simple problems

personally what should be done is move 20B from defense into science and R&D. But since shithead trump and retarded congress have wet dreams of the cold war, probably wont happen.

You are right, im not gonna put a lot of faith in a congress that cant even fix simple problems

i think thats a great idea, pulling from defense. further space exploration/colonization would inevitably benefit defense anyway, among countless other things.

i think thats a great idea, pulling from defense. further space exploration/colonization would inevitably benefit defense anyway, among countless other things.

Sadly no one has the balls to do it because it might make us look weak.....

The U.S. Senate passed its version of a $700 billion defense policy bill on Monday, backing President Donald Trump’s call for a bigger, stronger military but setting the stage for a battle over government spending levels later this year.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...e-increase-in-military-spending-idUSKCN1BT2PV

Fuck i dont even see a reason to have 700B, if anything if we cut the size of our military and scrapped some older equipment and closed down bases that we dont need an try and saved money. We could still have a big budget just not THAT big.

i mean you say we dont have money to spend, but how the fuck do they find nearly 200B to spend on defense but cant give nasa 20 of that!?

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...ved=0ahUKEwiy4uqP2d_WAhWHx4MKHcTKAFAQ9QEILDAA

this was last years defense spending

Back