US Approves Sale of Australian fighter jets to Canada.

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
Who's going to fly them?

Canadian air force short 275 pilots

Who's even going to fight for Canada in the future? Limp wrist progs and the immigrant enclaves that are more loyal to their own countries which already have a powerful military?

Last edited:
"The sign-off from the Americans for the 25-jet purchase was needed because the aircraft were built in the U.S. with U.S. technology."

What a 'fucktard' clause. Americans controlling the sale of F-18 Australian jets to Canada. Once they have been sold, you loose all control over them. For all we know, and care, they could have been sold to the Iranian Air Force. That is one of the reasons any U.S. military hardware sold to other countries does not include highly classified operational systems.

Another win for Justin against the Canadian Forces.

https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...hter-jets-deal-to-be-completed-by-end-of-year

Now we can watch the world pass us in air superiority. I really wish Canada would build a domestic fighter, that will never happen as long as the liberal party exists.
No Fuck no.

As cool as that would be, we would never be competitive in that market and it would end up being another massively subsidized company or line that could not compete without said subsidy.

"The sign-off from the Americans for the 25-jet purchase was needed because the aircraft were built in the U.S. with U.S. technology."

What a 'fucktard' clause. Americans controlling the sale of F-18 Australian jets to Canada. Once they have been sold, you loose all control over them. For all we know, and care, they could have been sold to the Iranian Air Force. That is one of the reasons any U.S. military hardware sold to other countries does not include highly classified operational systems.
I have no issue with resale provisions as long as they are in place before you purchase.

So for instance if I say I will only sell you X if you commit to not reselling or providing it to my competitor you are fine in saying 'no, I won't let you dictate to me and will take my business elsewhere' but if you do accept my terms you should not come back saying after 'I paid for it, its mine now to do with as I want.'

No Fuck no.

As cool as that would be, we would never be competitive in that market and it would end up being another massively subsidized company or line that could not compete without said subsidy.

I have no issue with resale provisions as long as they are in place before you purchase.

So for instance if I say I will only sell you X if you commit to not reselling or providing it to my competitor you are fine in saying 'no, I won't let you dictate to me and will take my business elsewhere' but if you do accept my terms you should not come back saying after 'I paid for it, its mine now to do with as I want.'

What makes you so quick to right off Canada's competitiveness in this industry?

What exactly would the Americans do to the Australians if they sold the planes to the Canadians without American permission? Most likely not sell the Australians U.S. military weaponry in the future.

I wish it was not the case but...

Bombardier-column.jpg

Bombardier and Canada's corporate welfare trap

What do they sell "hug bombs"? That Soyboy doesnt exactly smack of the type that could sell a weapon capable of causing someone discomfort let alone pain or death.

What exactly would the Americans do to the Australians if they sold the planes to the Canadians without American permission? Most likely not sell the Australians U.S. military weaponry in the future.
Potentially yes. Or at least restrict access to some of the more sensitive technology.

But the question is why would Australia not seek the permission when it is basically a rubber stamp since that prohibition in the resale provision of the contract is certainly targeted at countries more like N.Korea or Iran. I think it is fiar of the US to want to look at each resale on a case by case basis.

The infantry in some regiments is now allocated 49 bullets per soldier for the entire year.
That's ridiculous. I'd like to see your source on that. Maybe for non combat trades to get requalified on the c7, but I just shot 240 ball rounds the other weekend, and have shot similar amounts on multiple ranges this year.

Now we can watch the world pass us in air superiority. I really wish Canada would build a domestic fighter, that will never happen as long as the liberal party exists.

Do you really want your own maple flavored military industrial complex?

I think youd be better of spending your taxes on you since you live next door to us and no one is going to put you in a situation where you need fighter jets except us

Sure thing! Give us all your second hand shit and Trudeau will pay premium price to scoop them up.

Do you really want your own maple flavored military industrial complex?

I think youd be better of spending your taxes on you since you live next door to us and no one is going to put you in a situation where you need fighter jets except us

Not true, we routinely intercept Russian aircraft in the arctic.

Another win for Justin against the Canadian Forces.

https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...hter-jets-deal-to-be-completed-by-end-of-year

Lol, the company I work at will kick people's teeth in if you ever try. Their is a reason Airbus has bought up Bombardiar, and Boeing in effect has bought up Embraer.

Canada doesnt have a real airplane manufacturer, because Boeing and Airbus won't let you have one.

Back