US arrest French teenager for crossing border by accident

Johnny Rosa

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/23/us/canada-jogger-detained-us-border/index.html

A French teenager was arrested and put in jail for two weeks for accidentally crossing the US border when she was visiting family in Canada and went for a run.

Is it payback for Trudeau? Are the border police completely obtuse and obsessed by rules? Is her race involved?

Either way, a new shameful episode at the US border.

Did you read your link?

Canada had to take her back. So the delay was working out the paper work in Canada and the US.

Her fault.

So a foreigner in an unfamiliar country was jogging on the beach and passed an invisible border, that is not sign posted.

Yeah, the reasonable reaction is to detain her. Instead of, you know... just letting her jog back the way she came.

If I'm a member of the border patrol, which I never fucking would be but if I were, and we're under a strict regime, which I have no doubt they are with this cunt in the oval office, I'm following all the guidelines.

il_570xN.1352904703_4i6n.jpg

Laws are laws. Even if you break them by accident. The border is there for a reason.

Also, how does one "accidentally" cross the border?

Laws are laws. Even if you break them by accident. The border is there for a reason.

Also, how does one "accidentally" cross the border?

There is no fence and no signs, it's just an open beach. I can see how someone who doesn't live there could easily cross without knowing.

Visits a town right at the boarder between 2 countries.
CBA to check where the actual boarder is.
Get detained by boarder security.

Ok she's a teenager. But then her guardians should have enlightened her, otherwise it's a good life lesson for her to realise something lie boarders actually do exist and have a function.

How is the border not posted in any way? Anyone from BC or Washington state with knowledge of this area?

Those border patrol guys probably getting paid 100k per year to detain joggers which if they put a sign up wouldn't even happen.

It takes me about 2 hours to get to the Canadian border from where I live. I've been over to Canada a few times and the border Patrol is all ran by the Canadian side. They can be cunts too. I think it just goes with the territory.

The fucked up thing is that I got an impaired driving (In the U.S.) back in 2007 and I'm not ever allowed to go to Canada again, because drunk or impaired driving is a felony there. The impaired driving was my own dumb-ass fault, but It just boggles my mind how they have these strict policies with their neighbor, but will open there arms to unvetted Muslim refuges.

Some friends of my youngest were whale watching in Washington and mistakenly crossed the imaginary boundary while on a boat. Border Patrol told them they needed to move back to the appropriate side . . .

2 weeks.

Some cunt couldnt be arsed to get the paper work done in a hurry lol

Your Tax $ at work.
Couldn't someone just have asked her to just walk back?

The US-Canada border is very long, it's stupid to expect signs will be posted in every single off-road area a jogger can go get into. People who can't use their brain, and there's a ton of them, pay the consequences. Although often they don't pay the consequences at all and get away with it.

Those border patrol guys probably getting paid 100k per year to detain joggers which if they put a sign up wouldn't even happen.

There are definitely LEOs out there struggling hard to justify their salaries.

It takes me about 2 hours to get to the Canadian border from where I live. I've been over to Canada a few times and the border Patrol is all ran by the Canadian side. They can be cunts too. I think it just goes with the territory.

The fucked up thing is that I got an impaired driving (In the U.S.) back in 2007 and I'm not ever allowed to go to Canada again, because drunk or impaired driving is a felony there. The impaired driving was my own dumb-ass fault, but It just boggles my mind how they have these strict policies with their neighbor, but will open there arms to unvetted Muslim refuges.
How is it fucked up? You crossed the border and committed a felony in their country. Isn't it the right saying we need to keep out the criminal immigrants? That's what Canada is doing with you.

The US-Canada border is very long, it's stupid to expect signs will be posted in every single off-road area a jogger can go get into. People who can't use their brain, and there's a ton of them, pay the consequences. Although often they don't pay the consequences at all and get away with it.

It is very weird that there wasn't any signs at that point though, as she crossed it at the western end of the border in a populated area. To say that the border is very long would have been relevant if she crossed it out in the wilderness somewhere, but for both nations not to clearly mark the border on the western beach is downright odd, if the story is correct.

The consequences are paid by more than those that accidentally cross as well. It should definitely cost more tax payer money to detain harmless people than to put out some border markings in populated areas.

Back