US arrest French teenager for crossing border by accident

We're roughly 10x your size so a rough estimate would suggest you guys have a rate that is 20% higher.
3.07 per 100,000 vs 3.33 per 100,000.

Yes ours is worse, but it's not by orders of magnitude.

Probably because its really cold. Russia has a terrible problem with alcoholism and I don't think that's an accident either.

Hence the saying that the average Russian has only three emotional states: Depression, Revenge and Vodka:)

Two weeks for a cute teenager who jogs across the border by accident is a ridiculous over-reaction.

I would just have given her a spanking and let her go;)

Last edited:
Two weeks for a cute teenager who jogs across the border by accident is a ridiculous over-reaction.

I would have just given her a spanking and let her go;)
That might be a reason not to let her go. And then you cross that line one day, and she can never leave...I've said too much.

That might be a reason not to let her go. And then you cross that line one day, and she can never leave...I've said too much.
Duct tape? Check
Tarp? Check
Shovel? Check

Hurrmph! A Gentleman does not murder a girl he Sabines. One must have standards, old boy.

Last edited:
3.07 per 100,000 vs 3.33 per 100,000.

Yes ours is worse, but it's not by orders of magnitude.
Sure that's fair but I wasn't implying that, just saying that its bad enough to warrant special attention to that crime. IMO we should be tougher on it like you guys instead of you guys being more lenient. Only reason we don't have it worse than you guys is because our country is not nearly as cold. Hell I don't drink but if I lived somewhere as cold as Canada I'd probably get drunk every time I had to leave the comfort of a heater. So I'm not trying to shit on you guys or anything like that.

Sure that's fair but I wasn't implying that, just saying that its bad enough to warrant special attention to that crime. IMO we should be tougher on it like you guys instead of you guys being more lenient. Only reason we don't have it worse than you guys is because our country is not nearly as cold. Hell I don't drink but if I lived somewhere as cold as Canada I'd probably get drunk every time I had to leave the comfort of a heater. So I'm not trying to shit on you guys or anything like that.
I'm all for tougher penalties. A couple of years ago we some rich cock sucker kill three little kids and their grandfather. He got 10 years and that was considered a tough sentence. If he got 10 years for each of them, served consecutively, I would have considered it light. Hell, it wasn't even 3 years ago and he's already eligible for day passes. Legitimately fuck anyone and everyone who does that.

And I drink. Enough for both of us. But I do it from the comfort of my own home.

Silly and unimportant story.

I have a possession charge from over 20 years ago and can't get into the US. Didn't matter before 9/11 but all of a sudden it's the end of the world. And now weed is getting legalized.

Well shucks.

<scratches Bald1 off the WR BBQ invite list :(>

I've been to that area many times. Signs are posted.

An instinct when people get speeding tickets is to tell the office no signs are posted...
Are they in French?

2 weeks is a stupid amount of time to resolve this. Remember that next time the governments want to take your money and implement programs. Remember how painfully inefficient they are.

I'm all for tougher penalties. A couple of years ago we some rich cock sucker kill three little kids and their grandfather. He got 10 years and that was considered a tough sentence. If he got 10 years for each of them, served consecutively, I would have considered it light. Hell, it wasn't even 3 years ago and he's already eligible for day passes. Legitimately fuck anyone and everyone who does that.

And I drink. Enough for both of us. But I do it from the comfort of my own home.

yeah that was a bad one, coming back sloshed from vegas on your private fucking jet and you can't find or afford someone to drive for you?

We are going to need a big beautiful wall to keep these tyrants from the great white north on their own side.

yeah that was a bad one, coming back sloshed from vegas on your private fucking jet and you can't find or afford someone to drive for you?
And his family is having a wing at the new hospital named after them. Fuck this planet sometimes.

Like others have said: no signs were posted so she didn't know she was ended up on the US side. Shouldn't have detained her for two weeks. Maybe for a few hours while they let her call her family to let them know what happened and then let her go

Two of my father's closest friends who he worked with both on their way to work a few years ago died due to a drunk driver. The individuals BAC was 0.16, was driving without a license and was previously arrested for drunk driving and at sentencing the piece of shit only got 5-15 years. The individual should have gotten in my opinion at least 25 years for the amount of pain and suffering he caused. Only three times have seen my father cry and upon hearing the news of what happened was one of them. I'll never forget that as long as I live.

Drunk driving is unforgivable in my opinion. Call a cab, uber, have a sober friend drive you home or if you can stay where you are and sleep it off

Last edited:
I have a possession charge from over 20 years ago and can't get into the US. Didn't matter before 9/11 but all of a sudden it's the end of the world. And now weed is getting legalized.
Go get a pardon. Should be pretty simple if it's been that long.

Back