US Ground Forces are getting new Pistol

Hopefully more details help it make sense. Something tells me they don't really need the business.
Let's be honest, outside of maybe Beretta companies like Glock, Sig, S&W, and Springer don't REALLY need the contract.

I say "outside of Beretta" because outside of the M9 or the civilian 92FS I can't think of anything of theirs that appears in people's safes with consistency the way the G19, xDs, or M&Ps show up.

Let's be honest, outside of maybe Beretta companies like Glock, Sig, S&W, and Springer don't REALLY need the contract.

I say "outside of Beretta" because outside of the M9 or the civilian 92FS I can't think of anything of theirs that appears in people's safes with consistency the way the G19, xDs, or M&Ps show up.

Hadn't thought of Beretta like that. I would have bet they sold a bunch of PX4's.

Hadn't thought of Beretta like that. I would have bet they sold a bunch of PX4's.
Every gun shop guy I have talked to despise that gun and of all my friends that own guns I only know one guy with a PX4 and I swear he only bought it as his first gun because it was in some movie he liked.

Every gun shop guy I have talked to despise that gun and of all my friends that own guns I only know one guy with a PX4 and I swear he only bought it as his first gun because it was in some movie he liked.

I got one buddy who loves his and you're right about most all feedback being negative. Maybe Beretta sells a shitload of shotguns in Italy or something.

Now that Beretta lost its contract, maybe they up their game. I always like the Beretta 92F, even if my experience is extremely limited to shooting paper targets. It always feel good in my hand, and is accurate.

Beretta has some nice designs out there like the Mx4 Storm. The sub gun version of the Cx4

That guy looks like he could be from Scarface

And there is the ARX 100

I never shoot this, but did use it in Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. It looks very nice.

I've got a friend with an ARX-100. It's pretty gimmicky if you ask me. It's cool that it's side charging handle and ejection port can be switched on the fly but other than convenience features it is nothing special, and for the price tag you can build a much better AR.

I've got a friend with an ARX-100. It's pretty gimmicky if you ask me. It's cool that it's side charging handle and ejection port can be switched on the fly but other than convenience features it is nothing special, and for the price tag you can build a much better AR.
There is the Arak system from Faxon as well:

Did that guy seriously just enunciate "MBUS" at 6:50ish?

Did that guy seriously just enunciate "MBUS" at 6:50ish?
I never said the VSO Gun Channel guys were smart. It's just one of the better vids I know of for the Faxon gun.

Jesus, I've been kicking around their videos. These guys are dressed like they're straight out of rainbow six, shooting without ears and eyes, show no muzzle awareness, and are shooting handguns into a water filled tire. With their hands in the water. What the fuck.

Glock is tried and true. Thing has an epic track record, great mags, tons of parts, etc. I'm really not the biggest fan of them tbh but if I wanted a shtf pistol, a G17/19 would be it.

While I really like shooting the P320 it is a relatively new pistol.

Well, the US Army has this phobia of guns with out manual safeties. I am not sure if this Sig has a Manual safety or not, but I assume that is why Glock will never get the Army contract.

Here's the way I see it, Beretta played the "me too" card put together some weak-ass shit to regain a portion of the market. We were left with much of the same-old except the Px4 has a polymer frame and rotating barrel.

Functionally, I have no real issues with the Px4, at least in our configuration; mostly nitpicks. What I hate is that we were stuck with a commercial failure of a pistol with little-to-no support, which is ridiculous for a duty issue pistol.

Jesus, I've been kicking around their videos. These guys are dressed like they're straight out of rainbow six, shooting without ears and eyes, show no muzzle awareness, and are shooting handguns into a water filled tire. With their hands in the water. What the fuck.
Yeah, it's pretty bad.

When I go shooting with my friends at the gravel pit and shit I will admit I run a chest rig/plate carrier system with a drop leg or lower than midpoint belt holster but the guy's I am with are former MARSOC, 82nd, and other JSOC or almost JSOC level guys teaching me shit.

Those guys in their vids... full kit to shoot clays.

Would love to hear Mat Best roast them:

Especially given this:

The second vid starts at a specific point so no, I am not losing my mind posting the same vid 2 times in a row thinking I have posted two different vids.

Is there any other reason for LE moving away from 40 S&W? I'm asking because I'm hunting around for a p226 and I'm still undecided on caliber. I'm already leaning towards 9mm in that particular gun as the .40 S&W didn't even exist when the gun was designed, but still curious as to why a mass exodus is happening away from the round.
It's a high pressure round that wears your pistol out quicker. It's also very snappy when compared to a 9mm or 45acp.

beretta's civvie shotgun side of business is the onlyh thing keeping them relevent. its why they bought up benelli/stoeger.

Why wasn't an American company like S&W chosen? Are glocks/sig that far ahead of the game?

US Ground Forces are getting New Pistol

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sig-p320-u-armys-sidearm-193331061.html

The Sig 320. It looks nice.

actually I am wondering what will become of all those Berettas? Will they be shipped off to moderate rebels in Syria, or to some other faction we support in some third world country?

I found this part of the article particularly humorous...

"The M9 was a generally unpopular weapon. In a 2006 report on U.S. infantry weapons, troops who had used the M9 in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan ranked it dead last compared to the M4 carbine, M16 rifle, and M249 squad automatic weapon. Only fifty eight percent of soldiers who had used it in combat reported satisfaction with the weapon. Of the four firearms, soldiers characterized it as the least accurate and worst handling."

Um.... yeah... its a fucking pistol.

Obviously a long arm is preferred in almost every situation, but in times you need to reload but can't, or completely run out of ammo, the pistol is there as a secondary backup weapon.

Though, the next sentence is relevant...

"Even worse, twenty six percent of those who had actually used it in combat reported the Beretta had jammed."

Get rid of it.

"Even worse, twenty six percent of those who had actually used it in combat reported the Beretta had jammed."

That's hard to believe with a properly maintained pistol. Especially with that open slide construction. Don't ever recall having a malfunction with mine.

That's hard to believe with a properly maintained pistol. Especially with that open slide construction. Don't ever recall having a malfunction with mine.
Only issue i had with them was that they were big as fuck for what you got. If im going to be walking around with a slab of iron as heavy and big as a 1911a1, it better pack something better than 9mm ball. period. Never had function issues with any ive used but i never pulled mine out of the holster during combat either. I WILL say one of the M9's i was issued back in 04 had enough wear on it that it looked like a nickel plated version. the black was completely worn off.

if anything the problem most guys have with the gun is that most of them are old enough to vote. Pvt Snuffy in 2017 is gonna be issued a pistol that was first issued to Sgt. Neverlube, then to Cpl. Rackentap and finally to Col. Sandyholster before he gets it 20 years later. My second issue M9 slide barely locked back and if i shook it hard enough would chamber close. if the magazine wasnt in it. Thats a maintenance and longevity issue, nothing inherent to the weapon design itself. im actually fond of the Equinox ive fired at the range i go to. tight as virgin and just as sexy.

Last edited:
Back