US Ground Forces are getting new Pistol

Biggest problem with the M9 other than it being a drinking brick to hold is it was issued with absolute garbage magazines. They were complete junk and responsible for most the problems.

Also army wanted you to carry the M9 with the safety engaged. If you were on a FOB it was no round in chamber safety on.

The placement of the safety and decocker on it was super unnatural. When we deployed so many new shooters on the pistol had serious issues with the M9. Lots racked the slide and accidentally engaged the safety.

Who really likes their issued gear anyways?

Steyr is suing over some trademark infringement with the Sig P320

You know what would be badass? If the new pistols had bayonets. And they're optionally launchable like the tactical knives from call of duty. There should be a long barrel for sniping with a scope and a detachable grenade launcher.

What is so great about the Glock? They have done anything new with the look of the Glock in a long time. Its just that box, right angle slide design.
:eek:
You dont fix what aint broken.
Glocks work. Period.

Thanks for the responses, my experience with .40 is extremely limited (zero .40s in my collection). 9mm it is :cool:
Wise choice.
40's are a high pressure round that reduces the longevity of your gun.
9mm is the best all around cartridge imo, cheaper, less recoil, faster follow ups, good hp's minimize the power gap, higher capacity.

Wise choice.
9mm is the best all around cartridge imo, cheaper, less recoil, faster follow ups, good hp's minimize the power gap, higher capacity.
40 to sum up is all the cons of the .45 and 9mm slammed together with a recoil that pops like a 10mm almost but NONE of the pros of those three rounds

40 to sum up is all the cons of the .45 and 9mm slammed together with a recoil that pops like a 10mm almost but NONE of the pros of those three rounds
Well said. Nice summary.

Wise choice.

But doesnt 9mm lack penetration or stopping power?

Not to turn this into a calibre pissing debate and what I'm about to say, I'm sure I've mentioned before, but if I were to do it all over again, I'd get a Glock 22 with both 9mm and .22 LR conversion components and stockpile each of those calibres. 9mm is usually one of the first cartridges to dry up during a massive panic buying spree. I'm not a fan of .40 S&W, but it's nice to have options.

Not to turn this into a calibre pissing debate and what I'm about to say, I'm sure I've mentioned before, but if I were to do it all over again, I'd get a Glock 22 with both 9mm and .22 LR conversion components and stockpile each of those calibres. 9mm is usually one of the first cartridges to dry up during a massive panic buying spree. I'm not a fan of .40 S&W, but it's nice to have options.
Agreed. It's why I kept my .40 barrel when I got a conversion for my 23. Just wish there was an aftermarket .40 barrel I could find so I could shoot reloads and lead out of my Glock in .40

Agreed. It's why I kept my .40 barrel when I got a conversion for my 23. Just wish there was an aftermarket .40 barrel I could find so I could shoot reloads and lead out of my Glock in .40
Lone Wolf or Storm Lake barrels handle lead, do they not?

Biggest problem with the M9 other than it being a drinking brick to hold is it was issued with absolute garbage magazines. They were complete junk and responsible for most the problems.

Also army wanted you to carry the M9 with the safety engaged. If you were on a FOB it was no round in chamber safety on.

The placement of the safety and decocker on it was super unnatural. When we deployed so many new shooters on the pistol had serious issues with the M9. Lots racked the slide and accidentally engaged the safety.

HOW? haha I realize in a high pressure and adrenaline situation things get crazy but how can someone do this? I don't like the M9 and one of the main reasons is what you mentioned with the shitty magazines which would OFTEN fail to load a round. Yet I can't see how anybody could rack the slide, as taught in class, and somehow engage the safety. I was a tanker and the M9 was our TO weapon so we were probably more familiar with it than your general infantryman, but I just can't see how racking the slide would engage the safety. To be honest though I've seen people do some stupid shit... somehow getting the barrel off of a .50 cal M2 with a bullet still in the chamber... unreal!

HOW? haha I realize in a high pressure and adrenaline situation things get crazy but how can someone do this? I don't like the M9 and one of the main reasons is what you mentioned with the shitty magazines which would OFTEN fail to load a round. Yet I can't see how anybody could rack the slide, as taught in class, and somehow engage the safety. I was a tanker and the M9 was our TO weapon so we were probably more familiar with it than your general infantryman, but I just can't see how racking the slide would engage the safety. To be honest though I've seen people do some stupid shit... somehow getting the barrel off of a .50 cal M2 with a bullet still in the chamber... unreal!
I was never formally trained on an M9/92, and have had limited trigger time in my private life, but really, you don't see how someone could unintentionally flip the slide mounted safety with an overhand rack?

I think it's akin to the SERPA holsters, yeah, if you do it "properly" you shouldn't rip a round through your leg on a draw, but you can't tell me it's optimal placement for a switch/button.

Back