US Life Expectancy Drops... Again

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Life expectancy is down in America, for the second year in a row. The last time the average life expectancy dropped two years in a row was in the early 1960's.

According to the latest analysis, U.S. life expectancy fell from 78.7 in 2015 to 78.6 in 2016. That follows a drop from 78.9 in 2014 that researchers hoped would be an aberration.

"For any individual, that's not a whole lot. But when you're talking about it in terms of a population, you're talking about a significant number ..."
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ncy-drops-again-as-opioid-deaths-surge-in-u-s

While last year's drop was mostly driven by white Americans, this year, after decades of rising life expectancy, African Americans have decided to join the party!

The United States now ranks 26th of 35 OECD countries for life expectancy.

<Moves>

Wooo!

<20>

All this fucking winning! I can barely take it.

Last edited:
63,000 deaths from drugs doesn't help.

Apparently over 40,000 just from opioids.

63,000 deaths from drugs doesn't help.

Apparently over 40,000 just from opioids.
It's almost as if we should be funding a major national emergency health initiative instead of cutting taxes for billionaires...

If Murkans would all just eat right, exercise, take their vitamins, and pray to Jesus, their life expectancy wouldnt drop.

I had a very minor procedure once and they prescribed me 30 OxyContin. I ended up needing three.

The 27 extra pills easily could have gotten me into a serious habit, or tempted me into selling them for quite a bit of money.

Doctors need to be held accountable in some way for what they prescribe. I could not believe the amount of drugs they gave me.

If Murkans would all just eat right, exercise, take their vitamins, and pray to Jesus, their life expectancy wouldnt drop.
But Dear Leader says the human body is like a battery, and it only has so much energy. That's why we're not supposed to exercise.

People are fat and lazy.

EDIT: Not to mention, medical care costs increase every year.

Drugs, alcohol, suicide, murder, etc. If you look at actual mortality rates from health related diseases -- the US rates are not off from "top" developed nations per captia. See: heart disease, stroke, cancer,

Also, this really isn't a Trump effect -- or is as much of one as the state of the economy and markets.

Last edited:
Drugs, murder, etc. If you look at actual mortality rates from health related diseases -- the US rates are not off from "top" developed nations see: heart disease.

Also, this really isn't a Trump effect -- or is as much of one as the state of the economy and markets.
Do you know the stats when we control for violent crime and overdose? I haven't seen those, but that would be useful.

It's almost as if we should be funding a major national emergency health initiative instead of cutting taxes for billionaires...
That would stop people from shooting up

The United States now ranks 26th of 35 OECD countries for life expectancy.
That was in 2015, before that two-year drop. New results are still coming in.
n171221-life-expectancy_199c64fd4d919ccdac82bcf223289bb1.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.png

However, the US still beats Russia at 70.91 and China at 75.99
1485210488-hulk.gif

Spend nearly double of what other developed nations spend, with shitty result to show for it.

Time for universal healthcare Murica.

That was in 2015, before that two-year drop. New results are still coming in.
n171221-life-expectancy_199c64fd4d919ccdac82bcf223289bb1.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.png

However, the US still beats Russia at 70.91 and China at 75.99
1485210488-hulk.gif

This chart shows that it's just the male life expectancy that dropped. All this privilege is killing us.

I picked the right week to quit sniffing glue.

Back