US Life Expectancy Drops... Again

You lashed out at that guy really for no reason. I actually like the Vicodin also but pills are not my thing. Doctors do prescribe too much medication. Like I said before, I had a root canal and I could have used aspirin for the pain I had afterwards. The dentist gave me a prescription for 30 Vicodin. That's a little extreme no? What if my wife took some and got hooked? What if a friend came over and found them? It's just unnecessary

Get a smarter wife.

so, you think Americans are inherently dumber than other developed countries?

Yes, the US has been on a successful crusade against common sense.
That doesn't mean that your average American is less intelligent than me.
But all things considered as a whole society, they are dumber than the rest of the developed world.

Can you quote the specific part where I said this? I read my post three times I think I’m blind.

All I found was me saying that addicts have deeper issues they need to resolve.

I didn't mean to nitpick your story, just thought you could show the same open mindedness to people who have a tougher time shaking their addictions:

It was so easy to stop both times that I lost respect for addicts. They make it seem so hard on those TV shows but that's all mental.

As you said about people who respond to pain, everyone's experience is different - similarly, some find it easier to stop than others.

I didn't mean to nitpick your story, just thought you could show the same open mindedness to people who have a tougher time shaking their addictions:

As you said about people who respond to pain, everyone's experience is different - similarly, some find it easier to stop than others.

It's fine your not nitpicking I see what you mean now. I do agree with you though Im sure the difficulty of kicking the addiction is going to vary from person to person. Some people are just mentally more capable of handling the withdrawals than others.

It's almost as if we should be funding a major national emergency health initiative instead of cutting taxes for billionaires...

Everyone knows you can only solve a problem with monetary investment if there are profits to reap from the transaction. Let's get real.

It's almost as if we should be funding a major national emergency health initiative instead of cutting taxes for billionaires...

That's a lot of big words but what exactly would we be funding? IMO the only thing worth funding is free rehab centers and that's it. If someone doesn't want to get clean nothing else will help them. When someone wants to get clean though they need a place to go. Most rehabs cost way to much money for someone who is a drug addict.

Spend nearly double of what other developed nations spend, with shitty result to show for it.

Time for universal healthcare Murica.

Don't be so shortsighted.

In the bigger picture we can't let Marxism win.

I am sure this has more to do with obesity than anything else. It was predicted. This generation is one who could have a shorter lifespan than their parents. Which hasn't happened since they started recording the shit. Tobacco has been the leading cause of preventable death in the US for a long time but obesity is gaining and will pass it if not already.

Life expectancy is down in America, for the second year in a row. The last time the average life expectancy dropped two years in a row was in the early 1960's.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ncy-drops-again-as-opioid-deaths-surge-in-u-s

While last year's drop was mostly driven by white Americans, this year, after decades of rising life expectancy, African Americans have decided to join the party!

The United States now ranks 26th of 35 OECD countries for life expectancy.

<Moves>

Wooo!

<20>

All this fucking winning! I can barely take it.

Grasping at straws. :rolleyes: Thanks for fixing our Health Care problems with the Affordable Care Act, Obama.

Between tainted water, cheap Soy based foods, vast promiscuity, and a general aura of proud hedonism I'm not shocked by this.

Life expectancy is down in America, for the second year in a row. The last time the average life expectancy dropped two years in a row was in the early 1960's.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ncy-drops-again-as-opioid-deaths-surge-in-u-s

While last year's drop was mostly driven by white Americans, this year, after decades of rising life expectancy, African Americans have decided to join the party!

The United States now ranks 26th of 35 OECD countries for life expectancy.

<Moves>

Wooo!

<20>

All this fucking winning! I can barely take it.

Freedom is a dangerous thing.
Maybe we should have two way TVs so the government can make sure we do our calisthenics every morning.

I never get the line of whining you are indulging in. Who wants to live to 100 and die peacefully in their sleep like a drowsy old sheep?
Fuck that.

If you want to live long suck on a fucking umbilical cord from your fucking bubble. REAL MEN will go out and have adventure, gape a dragon, and grope a virgin before the Kraken eats her fine ass!

I just bet the reason for the drop in life expectancy is because of police shootings.

If you want to live long suck on a fucking umbilical cord from your fucking bubble. REAL MEN will go out and have adventure, gape a dragon, and grope a virgin before the Kraken eats her fine ass!
<{katwhu}>

It was disturbing to see life expectancy dropped once again.

I guess it can be said, the ACA or more health care didn't result in longer lives or healthier Americans.

I had a very minor procedure once and they prescribed me 30 OxyContin. I ended up needing three.

The 27 extra pills easily could have gotten me into a serious habit, or tempted me into selling them for quite a bit of money.

Doctors need to be held accountable in some way for what they prescribe. I could not believe the amount of drugs they gave me.
Large part is because doctors literally get paid by pharma companies to prescribe pills

Back