US Life Expectancy Drops... Again

Drugs, alcohol, suicide, murder, etc. If you look at actual mortality rates from health related diseases -- the US rates are not off from "top" developed nations per captia. See: heart disease, stroke, cancer,

Also, this really isn't a Trump effect -- or is as much of one as the state of the economy and markets.

Trump isn't the cause of bad dietary education, farming subsidies, and heart disease, he's a victim too.

Better get the federal government on the case.

No no. The market will take care of this all by itself now that we have lowered the corporate tax rate.

I fully expect corporations that produce pollution of any kind to immediately invest in cleaner disposal practices and voluntary regulations.

Yeah, life expectancy doesn't concern me all that much.
It has come down a lot to personal choice compared to history were you only had a limit chance making it to age 12 and later again struggle not to die on your teeth.
If you are a fat ass, smoker etc. can't really complain if you die a few years earlier.

If cancer doesn't get me beforehand. I will go out like all the male members of the family before me.
Drinking myself to death on a minimum government pension.
That's the real beauty of being a German. The worst thing that can happen to you is the government pays for an apartment and you get a basic income still enough to drink yourself to death.
All things considered that is not that bad.

I wish we had that basic level of care here in the states.

Back