Economy US Navy to Outsource Ship Repairs to Allies

I think this is probably the real reason. Delays at domestic shipyards is the public justification that's hard to argue against.
This is from the Pentagon's own PowerPoint. The problem is that Murica had seriously neglected domestic shipbuilding in the past 40 years. Number of shipyards drastically shrank. It's gotten to a point where maintaining the current fleet is becoming difficult.
ONI-PLAN-vs-USN-Force-Laydown-Slide-cropped.jpg

https://unctadstat.unctad.org/datacentre/dataviewer/US.ShipBuilding

Murica has 0.13% of global shipbuilding, while China has 46.59%.

This is from the Pentagon's own PowerPoint. The problem is that Murica had seriously neglected domestic shipbuilding in the past 40 years. Number of shipyards drastically shrank. It's gotten to a point where maintaining the current fleet is becoming difficult.

Build and repair more ships. We spend almost a trillion on defense, and we forgot about the Navy?

Build and repair more ships. We spend almost a trillion on defense, and we forgot about the Navy?
You're building a navy with a shrinking shipbuilding industry. That's why your warships are getting more and more expensive, not to mention taking longer and longer to build.

You're building a navy with a shrinking shipbuilding industry. That's why your warships are getting more and more expensive, not to mention taking longer and longer to build.
This is true. Another facet of outsourcing is that privately, we stopped making everything ourselves. Maybe that should be rectified, but then we'd be considered isolationists/anti-trade.

There’s a difference between the collapse of the CCP & the collapse of China. Yes, it is true that people predicted that the CCP would collapse, the whole capitalism leading to democracy thing, this is completely different from a collapse of China, the opposite in fact. Democracy would bring even more growth.

It’s funny though that someone I’ve never even seen post in the War Room is saying that I didn’t start paying attention to politics until the last year.
You didn't even bother skimming what I posted. That prediction said that the ccps collapse would cause China to collapse. Those are just notable examples I picked out. Off the top of my head I remember listening to NPR every other day for a while in 2017, talking about the imminent collapse of the Chinese stock market.

10+ years ago the images of China's ghost cities were being used to say that china's real estate was in a giant bubble and about to collapse. Those ghost cities are today bustling with millions of inhabitants. The "muh imminent China collapse" meme has been around for a minute my dude.

Now I’m just gonna have to deal with strawman arguments about this & that when I don’t believe that the CCP is going to lose power soon, or expect a “collapse” that will lead into anarchy or something. I just am a witness that China is declining and will not overtake the US.
just two more weeks and china will collapse, trust me bruh.

You didn't even bother skimming what I posted. That prediction said that the ccps collapse would cause China to collapse. Those are just notable examples I picked out. Off the top of my head I remember listening to NPR every other day for a while in 2017, talking about the imminent collapse of the Chinese stock market.

10+ years ago the images of China's ghost cities were being used to say that china's real estate was in a giant bubble and about to collapse. Those ghost cities are today bustling with millions of inhabitants. The "muh imminent China collapse" meme has been around for a minute my dude.
Yeah no shit, I told you that it’s been around for longer than that. I just said it hasn’t been a common opinion.

I'm not arguing with what the publicly available information is. I'm saying that the reason for this solution is more strategic. I'm also saying that the publicly available information is the justification for the publicly presented solution. But that the publicly presented solution is being driven by non-publicly presented reasons.

Back