US police force ends use of self-deleting message app - 1000s of verdicts potentially at risk

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
US police force ends use of Tiger Text self-deleting message app

Long Beach Police Department suspends use of Tiger Text phone application following Al Jazeera investigation....

Two officers said supervisors told them to use the app to have conversations that would not be discoverable....

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018...ext-deleting-message-app-180919070217640.html

Hats off to the two who spoke up, but WTF? It begs the question if this is common practice and for how long.

Hmmm, I figured this one would confuse the right, but I thought the lefties could have a party down here.

The fact Al Jazerra uncovered sadly does not surprise me

The Vast Majority of our media doesn’t even investigate shit anymore. Just a mouthpiece for the Democratic Party & Intelligence agencies

I feel that hackers may test how secure those deleted texts are. Those cats like a challenge plus I'm curious of what cops text each other when they are under the impression the info is deleted.

I don't trust companies to actually destroy data even when they say it will be deleted.

"Long Beach Police Chief Robert Luna told officers Tuesday night he was confident that members of the department had not violated any rules regarding records retention or discovery in criminal cases, according to a copy of an email obtained by The Times. A source with knowledge of the department’s inner workings told The Times that the app was commonly used by members of the department who held the rank of lieutenant or above."

The fact these terrorists just keep defending themselves. Why have an app that deletes messages if you dont want to hide something....
<LordRoose><Varys01><{cum@me}><Huh2><{MindBrown}><DontBelieve1>

Yeah.... deleting shit off work phones (aka government property) is a massive no no.

Unless you're Hilary Clinton of course
Sorry, couldn't resist

Personal phone you don't use to discuss cases? Knock yourself out. Specifically to talk about cases so that your own (implied corrupt) words can't be used against you? All should be at a minimum fired and have a special prosecutor assigned to uncover what they can of the likely illegal activities

I feel that hackers may test how secure those deleted texts are. Those cats like a challenge plus I'm curious of what cops text each other when they are under the impression the info is deleted.

Ooh, good call. This would in fact be a good target for a group like Wikileaks or similar

The Vast Majority of our media doesn’t even investigate shit anymore. Just a mouthpiece for the Democratic Party & Intelligence agencies

People really sleep on Al Jazeera these days.

Nothing to fear if nothing to hide.

So the media is covering for the police, whose unions like to support Republicans, and who Obama is accused of attacking?

Seems to me this is evidence that the media protects bi-partisan corruption.

I mean the CIA is obviously closer to the Republican party then the Democrats.

"Police Department employees have been trained to and do document any exculpatory/discoverable evidence in a police report or other formal departmental communication. "
<DontBelieve1>

Long Beach Police Department suspends use of Tiger Text phone application following Al Jazeera investigation....

Two officers said supervisors told them to use the app to have conversations that would not be discoverable....

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018...ext-deleting-message-app-180919070217640.html

Hats off to the two who spoke up, but WTF? It begs the question if this is common practice and for how long.

Can you add a couple details to get me more worked up here? I'm on enough lists I gotta be clickin' aljablahblahblah? :eek:

So the media is covering for the police, whose unions like to support Republicans, and who Obama is accused of attacking?

You truly read way to much into things

I'm saying the media does not investigate ANYTHING anymore

When is the last time a referee criticized another referee? How many referees have criticized Herb Dean for last weekend? When is the last time Luke Thomas criticized Ariel Hackwhiny?

People cover up for their colleagues, nothing new.

Individuals working in law enforcement skew towards Republicans (although it may surprise some as to how much/little) but the unions are hardcore with the Democrats. I've been to meetings where they mentioned that some of the blankets orgs where even asking for public support ("sign this pledge" sort of thing) for Obama.

Can you add a couple details to get me more worked up here? I'm on enough lists I gotta be clickin' aljablahblahblah? :eek:

Al Jazeera is actually one of the least partisan news networks in the world. Kinda counter intuitive with the name.

Holy shit. You're like the anti-truth.
Everything you say is the opposite.

Individuals working in law enforcement skew towards Republicans (although it may surprise some as to how much/little) but the unions are hardcore with the Democrats. I've been to meetings where they mentioned that some of the blankets orgs where even asking for public support ("sign this pledge" sort of thing) for Obama.

How about we wait for the evidence to come out and then decide.

Al Jazeera is actually one of the least partisan news networks in the world. Kinda counter intuitive with the name.

They would still be accused of being a left-wing rag/Democratic Party mouthpiece, just like every acclaimed outlet, if they were more prominent in the United States.

I mean, before the "fake news" era, Al Jazeera was one of the outlets, along with HuffPo, most accused of being left-slanted. The New York Times and Washington Post didn't get that rep until the right went full retard with Trump.

Back