usa betrays kurdish people once again

stellarborg

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
First we told them to rise up against Saddam Hussein during first Gulf War, then abandoned them to be gassed

Then we told them to rise up against ISIS, then abandon them when ISIS is defeated

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...d1e45a6de3d_story.html?utm_term=.57d42f2237f2

Trump tells Turkish president U.S. will stop arming Kurds in Syria

The Trump administration is preparing to stop supplying weapons to ethnic Kurdish fighters in Syria, the White House acknowledged Friday

It's time to stop supplying other people in the world.

The President made the right decision on this.

Keep doing the right thing Mr. President! Economy is booming! Thanksgiving is great again! WOO!!!!

In Syria

For those that didn’t even read the whole title

In Syria

For those that didn’t even read the whole title

Yeah, this is actually a pretty notable omission. And a pretty operative fact.

I am lukewarm and frankly insufficiently informed to comment on the continued arming of the Kurdish in Syria, but I would be very surprised to see any bright line drawn on the recipients of US weapons. I don't think the MIC would allow anything like that. Completely pinching off a cash flow would be inconsistent, even with the most principled of US policy decisions.

Shitty. Kurds seem by far one of the least shitty groups in the middle east

If we stopped arming any of them at all that'd be the best imo, but I highly doubt that will ever happen so if we persist they're one of the very few groups it seems an Ok thing to actually support

Provides weapons, air support etc to help them defeat isis. Id love to be betrayed by the US too lol

It's time to stop supplying other people in the world.

The President made the right decision on this.

Keep doing the right thing Mr. President! Economy is booming! Thanksgiving is great again! WOO!!!!
It's not an act is it ....you really are as about as deep as a puddle .

The Kurds and us had a common enemy, and we paid for a lot of advantages for the kurds to fight their half of it.

Now that it's over and ISIS is gone, so is our agreement. We both won, we can go our separate ways.

giphy.gif

The Kurds and us had a common enemy, and we paid for a lot of advantages for the kurds to fight their half of it.

Now that it's over and ISIS is gone, so is our agreement. We both won, we can go our separate ways.

giphy.gif
Isis is gone?

What are you going to keep arming the Kurds for? To fight the Turks? It's not a good look for the NATO alliance if one party is playing geo-politics against another.

That is just Trump making lip-service to whoever he is speaking with. It doesn't reflect reality. The US are steadily increasing their presence in eastern Syria, basically gearing up for another occupation.

Anyone who thought even for a second that Kurds were not heading under the bus has not been paying attention.

If the Kurds want a state, they'll have to fight for it, like anyone in history had to. Apparently they can't even do it with US weapons. Even if they won, they're still backward anti-science Muslims, they'll never amount to anything, at best a little less worse than the alternatives. Who cares.

Turkey has really been bending over the West lately.

Full dictatorship, heir Merkel over an immigrant barrel, Trump happy to collude with a strong-man who "get's things done" I suppose.

In all cases sacrificing what is clearly right and principled for short term realpolitik checker moves against the chess match of Erdogan.

Shitty. Kurds seem by far one of the least shitty groups in the middle east

If we stopped arming any of them at all that'd be the best imo, but I highly doubt that will ever happen so if we persist they're one of the very few groups it seems an Ok thing to actually support

The sense that I get is that they cause anxiety for every country with a sizeable Kurdish minority.

Turkey, Syria, Iran, and Iraq all have separatist movements from the Kurds.

I bet 3/4 of Americans dont even know what a Kurdish person is. Lol at anyone trusting America.

Yeah, this is actually a pretty notable omission. And a pretty operative fact.

I am lukewarm and frankly insufficiently informed to comment on the continued arming of the Kurdish in Syria, but I would be very surprised to see any bright line drawn on the recipients of US weapons. I don't think the MIC would allow anything like that. Completely pinching off a cash flow would be inconsistent, even with the most principled of US policy decisions.
We might finally agree on something. Progress. Kids in Iraq have made some good social steps lately. Banning child marriage and their government is not what I’d want here but it is much more inclusive than anyone around them. It’s possible they could be a tourist spot in the future if everything works out. In Syria and Turkey I just don’t know enough. They’re labeled as terrorists, different subgroup I know, by the governments but the governments are shit.

Isis is gone?
There is almost no more territory for the SDF to take from ISIS. As such they would scale back their military support and focus more on helping the SDF suppress ISIS elements in hiding and ensuring that the conditions which allowed them to rise aren't repeated. I do believe they desire a diplomatic deal between the Syrian Government and SDF instead of further conflict, and to that end will maintain a military presence to keep things peaceful.
l98n8Qh.png

Back