USADA has gone rogue and needs to be put in check

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by IGotAHugePeckah, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:25 AM.

1. Black Paladin

Black Paladin #BrownsForever

[​IMG]

Mga223 and chitoortiz like this.
  2. Kowboy Karl

Kowboy Karl Brown Belt

The whole Ufc is a joke so I really don’t care if USADA is another clown in the joke army

These fighters willingly sign up for 20/20 so imo they can jump through a few more hoops like usada

3. superpunch

superpunch Yellow Card Yellow Card

It has been proven that if you look like the Incredible Hulk, you're much more likely to pop though.

JJSBUR, MPD-Psycho and Black Paladin like this.
  4. Rex Kwon Do

Rex Kwon Do Al Hamdulillaquinta

If USADA was so corrupt, why would they have had Brock, Jones, Anderson, etc. fail tests? If I were running a corrupt drug testing organization and looking to protect athletes that are financially important to the UFC, then I'm not going to let them fail. I'd destroy their tests, replace them with fake ones, etc. Pretty fucking stupid of USADA to let Brock fail a test and have to leave MMA for 2 years, or hold up Jones's career for however long it's been, thereby preventing all that revenue generation for the UFC they could have created (and I'm assuming in your fantasy land that would involve kickbacks to USADA?) by letting those failed tests come to light.

I.e. your conspiracy theory sucks.

JJSBUR, reciprocate, dimspace and 5 others like this.
  5. Bobby Digital

Bobby Digital My Lovin' Is Digi Platinum Member

Sure. But think of all the guys who popped that we were like, "WTF?!" Remember when Silva popped? He always looked like a fucking skeleton. Focusing too much on individuals who appear to be on stuff is giving the ones without that appearance an easier time.

6. Black Paladin

Black Paladin #BrownsForever

"We would agree."--random quote from a Nazi

7. IK00PA

IK00PA Green Belt

Me too i want them to do even MORE than they are now... really clean this up and lets see what really happens. Because call me crazy but i think alot of the WMMA fighters are on Male hormones (if only slight ammounts)

And fighters like BORRACHINA that fight every once in a blue moon. are doing some shady shit in the depths of brazil.

still dont think its tough enuf

JJSBUR likes this.
  8. Dana_is_your_GOD

Dana_is_your_GOD Gold Colored Name

This

9. GSP1978

GSP1978 Green Belt

[​IMG]

10. FrontNakedChoke

FrontNakedChoke ____________________

I have a feeling that @IGotAHugePeckah is just the person to keep them in check

[​IMG]

11. Kung Fu bb

Kung Fu bb Red Belt

[​IMG]

GSP1978 likes this.
  12. Mike

Mike Apathetic Belt

Don't want additional scrutiny? Don't get caught cheating three fucking times. In a real sport he'd already be banned for life. And USADA has caught Lesnar, Jones and Silva x2. We know they're not playing favorites and "forgetting" to test top guys. I like it.

Fuck cheaters.

13. GSP1978

GSP1978 Green Belt

You are slow. You can't even articulate a single intelligent argument. And all your facts are incorrect:

"Personally I think they need to set up some guidelines. It's unfair that one fighter may be tested once, and his opponent has to go through 3 or 4 tests. It's also fucked that they will show up at 5 in the morning or whatever and wake people up. Or grab a guy like Mighty Mouse in the supermarket while he's shopping with his wife.

Yes they need to fight PEDs, but we also have to discuss the quality of life and privacy of the fighters. In real life there is a balance of privacy and security, it seems like with USADA there is no balance
    ."

(1) USADA has nothing but guidelines. Like literally hundreds of them. Very specific guidelines that are in writing for the world to see:

https://ufc.usada.org/

(2) The UFC has approximately 400 fighters under contract. With random testing, you will have variation between fighters. Fighters with a history of violations or with suspicion are tested more. USADA is not expected to be perfect. Fighters like Brock Lesnar and Jon Jones should be tested more.

(3) The reason they come at 5 am or when a fighter is at the supermarket is to be effective. There have only been a few instances where that happened. Again, this is random testing. It is to prevent Jon Jones from hiding under the ring.

(4) A few random visits a year by USADA doesn't impact a fighter's quality of life. There is a great balance of security and privacy. To ensure fighters don't evade the testing they are required to disclose their whereabouts. If they don't the testing is ineffective. Checkout how many Russian Olympic athletes are cheating.

JJSBUR and Mike like this.
  14. Mike

Mike Apathetic Belt

They busted Brock though. And he will go back into the testing pool for 6 months before fighting, and most likely be tested again.. It's not like he got away with roiding.

JJSBUR and FrankieNYC like this.
  15. Mike

Mike Apathetic Belt

No. How about exposing and getting rid of cheaters.

randomg1t, JJSBUR, FrankieNYC and 2 others like this.
  16. GSP1978

GSP1978 Green Belt

The problem with Brock is that he got a 1 year suspension when he had no interest in fighting for a year. It is like suspending a kid from school after he graduates or drops out.

Mike likes this.
  17. PoundMeToo

PoundMeToo Gold Belt

Sorry, but the eye test is solid as fuck. You don't have to be jacked as fuck to be doing steroids, but there's a 99% chance that if you're jacked as fuck in MMA you're on steroids

18. Mike

Mike Apathetic Belt

I agree it's not perfect, but overturning the win and exposing the cheating is still a good result. Wish he would have gotten longer, but they're fairly lax on first offenses.

Edit: I hope they start absolutely hammering repeat offenders like Jones and Silva with the 4 or 8 year suspensions. Really show them making up bullshit excuses, lying to USADA, and cheating over and over won't be tolerated.

JJSBUR and FrankieNYC like this.
  19. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

well, you will expose some "cheaters", but getting rid of "cheaters" in general? no way

20. Mike

Mike Apathetic Belt

Every single cheater? No. Impossible in any sport or competition. Hitting enough people, from low to high profile, to show you're serious? That WILL make a difference. It already is. A fighter the caliber of Jones sitting out so much of his prime is unprecedented in mma. That's a message to guys coming up thinking about using.

randomg1t and FrankieNYC like this.