USADA...

Right?

• Yes, get rid of those sport killers.

• No, make the sport worse.

Results are only viewable after voting.
How many NFL athletes or NBA athletes get busted?

you think it's because they don't take anything????

The people that run the sport are smart enough to make sure the tests are easy to pass. They sacrifice a couple of people year, and give them a small suspension that doesn't effect the millions they are making. An NFL player that tests positive for roids gets a 4 game suspension. Out of 16 games, plus playoffs. It's a vacation. An MMA fighter gets 2 years, and makes no money in that time. Those other leagues have basically made them legal, they just aren't as dumb about it as the UFC has been, costing themselves millions getting rid of their best fighters.

That wasn't the question. The question, why don't they just legalize it? Not soft test athletes, but flat out have the commissioners like Goodell and Silver stand on the podium and declare PED to be legalized?

Because there will be a shit storm. Because they would have gotten so much bad press, it would be a PR nightmare. Because they would lose public support. Because they can't advertise NBA players as role models.

That is what you are suggesting the UFC should do. Kill themselves.

Just ask yourself this question. You don't think Dana White wants guys like Brock and Ubereem? So why did he installed USADA? It costed them millions of dollars.

You're right; making that type of announcement would be damaging in terms of public perception. I don't believe they'd be so stupid as to suddenly make a statement such as that though. The way they would allow PEDs is to get rid of USADA and say "we'll handle this ourselves" and then just tell fighters they aren't allowed to use PEDs but do no testing.

The press would see through this easily. Again, if this works, you don't think White would have done it already? Why spent millions on USADA if you can fake it?

That wasn't the question. The question, why don't they just legalize it? Not soft test athletes, but flat out have the commissioners like Goodell and Silver stand on the podium and declare PED to be legalized?

Because there will be a shit storm. Because they would have gotten so much bad press, it would be a PR nightmare. Because they would lose public support. Because they can't advertise NBA players as role models.

That is what you are suggesting the UFC should do. Kill themselves.

Just ask yourself this question. You don't think Dana White wants guys like Brock and Ubereem? So why did he installed USADA? It costed them millions of dollars.
Yea I agree if they just came out and legalized it, there would be an initial backlash, because of people like you that would whine and complain. But eventually it would fade out. The NFL and NBA and MLB would move right along. The drugs that they are getting would become more readily available to the public plebs like us. PEDS wouldn't just become legal in sports, they would become legal for all of us. We would benefit from the extra testosterone in our diets. Us nobodies wouldn't become pro athletes or anything, but we'd get the same drugs and we'd be faster and stronger and more in shape. Live longer and healthier lives. They aren't just performance enhancers. If they are given the attention that they deserve, they could be life enhancers, for all of us.

The press would see through this easily. Again, if this works, you don't think White would have done it already? Why spent millions on USADA if you can fake it?

I believe that when USADA was put in control of testing fighters, it looked good to the people buying it and increased what they ended up paying to buy The UFC. i think the Fertittas knew all along it would dramatically decrease the value of The UFC over a period of years and then they could buy it back for pennies on the dollar.

It would be interesting if they approved some PEDs for use, pick the safest ones and set max dosage levels etc.

But if there are long term side effects, you can just imagine the lawsuits happening a few years down the track.

It would be interesting if they approved some PEDs for use, pick the safest ones and set max dosage levels etc.

But if there are long term side effects, you can just imagine the lawsuits happening a few years down the track.

The best one to start allowing would be TRT. There would be no lawsuits because unlike HGH for example, TRT is widely used by the general populace with a doctor's prescription. If anyone would be liable for a lawsuit, it would be the doctor prescribing it. How can you sue the UFC for allowing a medical supplement available to literally anyone with a doctor's prescription unless they are a UFC fighter or in some other sport that doesn't allow it?

I'm tired of injuries and fighters missing weight

But I dont't want cheaters either
What's missing weight got to do with usada?

Number of fighters missing weight DROPPED by half after Usada came in..

UFC fighters lost all sponsorship when the Reebok deal happened.

Do you really think that? UFC fighters can advertise anything they want, be sponsored by whoever they can get even rival clothing companies, just not on platforms owned by the UFC

can't believe people are advocating the use of drugs. the point of sports is to compare the best athletes not who has the best chemist. Whats next robots, like the movie real steel

Yea, hopefully all the other sports will take the same approach and get rid of all of the best players.

When I watch sports, I don't want to see the best, I want to see guys that I think I can be better than with 6 weeks doing p90x.

well than the best players in ufc should quit being ped cheating ahole than. really simple

Brock has been doping his entire adult life. That fact has been clear to everybody since the story about his arrest for shipping gear through the mail while he was in OVW was leaked.

Why bother having a known, habitual cheater compete if this is supposed to be a "clean sport"?

did u say that when jon jones came back as well.

I love to see brock never come back but I enjoy dc crushing himnone the less/

Do you really think that? UFC fighters can advertise anything they want, be sponsored by whoever they can get even rival clothing companies, just not on platforms owned by the UFC
wearing that shit in the cage is where they made most of the money though. Fighters that weren't big names could make a nice chunk of change because they were advertising on a PPV. Nobody is going to pay Sam Alvey $50k to wear their clothes on his instagram. It's gotta be in the cage.

UFC fighters lost all sponsorship when the Reebok deal happened.

Outside of the superstars like Ronda, Conor, Brock, and maybe to a lesser extent GSP, Jones and DC, the average fighter was making way more money pre-USADA and Reebok. Trying to "legitimize" the sport has resulted in most fighters making less money.

Juicing to the gills with a condomdepot.com tattoo across your back was far more profitable to most fighters than what we have now.

You realize that the Reebok deal and USADA testing have almost nothing to do with one another, right? Now that they have started testing, ending it would destroy what little credibility the UFC has left with mainstream fans and, more importantly, advertisers. It’s a Pandora’s Box type of situation.
I will admit, it seems somewhat paradoxical to be concerned about the long term health effects of PED’s when the long term health effects of getting punched repeatedly in the head are likely much greater. The problem is, PED’s make an inherently dangerous activity more so. We as fans should be in favor of anything that reduces the likelihood of a high profile death in the cage. That would be the end of MMA as we know it.

Fertittas only got USADA so they could ruin the sport in 5/10 years time
they were leaving anyway

Back