Useless and useful supplements

Usefyl for me:

Protein powder- because my asian diet doesnt have much protein

Creatine - for some reason it makes me stronger when im on it vs when im not on it

Vitamin C - i know i know but Not much in my diet so its useful for me.

BCAA - its like gatorade on steroids. Makes me recover faster during workouts.

Scientifically proven supplements:
Whey protein
Casein protein (before bed)
Creatine Monohydrate
Omega 3 fish oil
Caffeine
High GI carbs
Electrolytes
BCAA (but already contained in high quality Whey protein)

as a professional fighter trying to get your body to peak condition to be able to train your ass off with elites what supplements are worth it so don't waste money and time with them? already eat pretty damn healthy i was told bcaa's are a waste of time unless you don't eat enough protein as is

as a professional fighter trying to get your body to peak condition to be able to train your ass off with elites what supplements are worth it so don't waste money and time with them? already eat pretty damn healthy i was told bcaa's are a waste of time unless you don't eat enough protein as is
If you taking good quality protein shakes essential bcaa's are already in them if not taking any protein powder I would advise it to you, creatine is another good supplement and I also take glutamine in addition.

If you taking good quality protein shakes essential bcaa's are already in them if not taking any protein powder I would advise it to you, creatine is another good supplement and I also take glutamine in addition.

lol i think your screwin with me glutamine is useless and u get it in meats usually anyways i eat plenty of protein as is i love to eat and calories are important to me so i prefer to have a small piece of meat over a shake as far as protein goes

I don't know if anyone is following ChromaDex (they make NIAGEN), but they are going ahead with multiple studies for nicotinamide riboside. They requested an FDA fast-track

Elysium Health is an MIT start up also persuing FDA studies for nicotinamide Riboside, but I haven't heard much about them.

I'm 31, a little beat up from the Army, a little beat up from Boxing / Muay thai, and a little beat up from working on my feet for 8 hours a day for the past few years.

Pain is mostly in my feet, right knee, upper back, and there is a lot of grinding in my shoulder joints.

I take
Calcium Citrate + D3 ( I don't drink milk and wanted a supplement )
Glucosamine HCI + MSM ( I was told this helped joints )
And Fish Oil ( smoked marlboros for 15 years, heard it was possibly good for my heart )

Once a day when I wake up.

I recently started this morning ritual ( about a week or 2 ago ) and realized today that I haven't been taking my regular 500-800mg of motrin when I wake up. The pain has gone down from a 8 / 10 at waking to a 3 / 10.

Looked for this thread and wanted to give my 0.02 in case it can help someone else. All togeather, the price of supplements was like 30 bucks for a few months. Why not give it a shot.

I don't know if anyone is following ChromaDex (they make NIAGEN), but they are going ahead with multiple studies for nicotinamide riboside. They requested an FDA fast-track

Elysium Health is an MIT start up also persuing FDA studies for nicotinamide Riboside, but I haven't heard much about them.

I heard dr rhonda speak of nicotinamide what does it do?

I heard dr rhonda speak of nicotinamide what does it do?

First of all rhonda is a huckster, as @JSN said.

Nicotinamide Riboside (vitamin B3) is a known growth factor but has also (more recently) been shown to lengthen telomeres in mice --- which is a reversing of one outcome of aging. I would normally be very dubious of anything coming from a supplement company like ChromaDex but there is published work, from multiple groups, that verify some of these observations. ChromaDex is now doing real clinical trials that if they are successful could be submitted to the FDA for treatment of early aging disease in children. That's something that supplement companies don't do -- you know 'real science' and stuff like that is usually not good for supplement companies. They are trying to shift from snake oil sales to a real pharma.

THey are on the radar of biotech and pharma sector analysts (another sign that this isn't just hocus pocus).

Here is a short article. https://www.wired.com/2016/07/confused-elysiums-anti-aging-drug-yeah-fda/

First of all rhonda is a huckster, as @JSN said.

Nicotinamide Riboside (vitamin B3) is a known growth factor but has also (more recently) been shown to lengthen telomeres in mice --- which is a reversing of one outcome of aging. I would normally be very dubious of anything coming from a supplement company like ChromaDex but there is published work, from multiple groups, that verify some of these observations. ChromaDex is now doing real clinical trials that if they are successful could be submitted to the FDA for treatment of early aging disease in children. That's something that supplement companies don't do -- you know 'real science' and stuff like that is usually not good for supplement companies. They are trying to shift from snake oil sales to a real pharma.

THey are on the radar of biotech and pharma sector analysts (another sign that this isn't just hocus pocus).

Here is a short article. https://www.wired.com/2016/07/confused-elysiums-anti-aging-drug-yeah-fda/

Thanks for the info, it sounds too good to be true, will this be sold over counter or do you need prescription

So if Dr Rhomda is pushing it its worthless?

Thanks for the info, it sounds too good to be true, will this be sold over counter or do you need prescription

So if Dr Rhomda is pushing it its worthless?

You can buy it now. It's just not endorsed as a therapy by the FDA.

You can buy it now. It's just not endorsed as a therapy by the FDA.
Do you take it or should it be best to wait until,further studies come out?

What are the sides?

I used to take coq10 with pqq, which i found helped me with stamina during workouts and kept me awake and alert during the day with no sides, only reason i stopped is the money too expensive and im broke

This nicotinamide looks interesting if it helps cognitive and physical function i might try it, depending if there is sides that are harsh

Do you take it or should it be best to wait until,further studies come out?

What are the sides?

I used to take coq10 with pqq, which i found helped me with stamina during workouts and kept me awake and alert during the day with no sides, only reason i stopped is the money too expensive and im broke

This nicotinamide looks interesting if it helps cognitive and physical function i might try it, depending if there is sides that are harsh

It's a vitamin found in milk. Go ahead and take it, understanding that it may do nothing.

heres a handy calculator you can use to determine ifa supplement will do anything. simply figure out first if it is a product sold at GNC. if it is, you will gain no benefit from using it. if its not, you may gain some benefits, but nothing in life is certain, besides literally nothing sold at GNC being beneficial whatsoever.

It's a vitamin found in milk. Go ahead and take it, understanding that it may do nothing.

I read a thread on reddit and some guy said a study showed no acute side effects even at higher dose, but they said it effects all cells in the body even bad ones, they guy said that its a question, does it feed cancer cells as well that would be bad.

heres a handy calculator you can use to determine ifa supplement will do anything. simply figure out first if it is a product sold at GNC. if it is, you will gain no benefit from using it. if its not, you may gain some benefits, but nothing in life is certain, besides literally nothing sold at GNC being beneficial whatsoever.

The only thing you will get from buying gnc supps is a hole in your wallet, overpriced junk, some of their herbs had none of the specified herb in it but a common houseplant, i think it was milk thistle thats messed up.

The only thing you will get from buying gnc supps is a hole in your wallet, overpriced junk, some of their herbs had none of the specified herb in it but a common houseplant, i think it was milk thistle thats messed up.
former store manager here, ur not wrong.

former store manager here, ur not wrong.
Did they really push you to sell their store brand? I heard their store brand is basically the same as the cheap supps sold at walmart but just a different label but made at the same manufacturing company.

back in 1999 when I was still a kid, in high school I bought some weight gainer this muscled up woman sold it to me, she told me it will put weight on and it tasted like fish and was so thick I almost choked on it, but it cost 60 bucks lol

Thats insane how in `99 they were selling supps for 60 bucks that would be like 120 bucks today. you had to use 4 giant scoops too.

You can find supps for much cheaper for 29 to 35 bucks.

the gnc store brand is the same as ON, optimum nutrition. any of the thermogenics, and preqorkouts are basicly the same crap. feels like really bad speed. i took a bunch fo one one time to see wah towuld happen, felt like iw as going to have a heart attack and seizure all at once.

TRT
creatine
caffeine
whey protein concentrate

because science says it works
and because it really does

Back